Decision Help new Monitor

Thanks, I was thinking about maybe buying a wide-screen monitor but I only have a old graphics card (MSI Radeon r5770 Hawk) and wondered if I could use the wide-screen for office work and then turn it down to 1920x1080 for Assetto Corsa. Because Assetto is already running at the lowest setting. ;)
Ah okay, yeah, go for it! Just make sure it's g-sync compatible freesync monitor so you'll be future proof for both AMD and nvidia!

A good one I just ordered for a friend (he doesn't have amazon prime) and that you can see on the photos above, since I'm testing it right now :p :

Probably the cheapest, good gaming monitor that's out there!
It's flat though, not curved, which can be good or weird, depending on your person opinion...
Flat is easier to get used to I'd say. But curved has advantages: the edges of the monitor are "close to you", while on this flat one, you really feel that they are "far away".

Gaming works superb though! Low input lag, 144 hz, 2x DP 1.4, HDMI 2.1, UBS 3 Hub, everything you can wish for basically and great colours!

Compared to my gsync only Alienware aw3418dw, it has the same great image quality, a slightly more matte coating and and a round centered stand.
Damn.. Makes me wanna keep it hehe.

Anyway, here's how Assetto Corsa in 1920x1080 looks like:
Don't worry about the "stripes".. It's the normal "camera on monitor effect"
1920x1080_on_3440x1440.jpg

Ah okay, yeah, go for it! Just make sure it's g-sync compatible freesync monitor so you'll be future proof for both AMD and nvidia!

A good one I just ordered for a friend (he doesn't have amazon prime) and that you can see on the photos above, since I'm testing it right now :p :

Probably the cheapest, good gaming monitor that's out there!
It's flat though, not curved, which can be good or weird, depending on your person opinion...
Flat is easier to get used to I'd say. But curved has advantages: the edges of the monitor are "close to you", while on this flat one, you really feel that they are "far away".

Gaming works superb though! Low input lag, 144 hz, 2x DP 1.4, HDMI 2.1, UBS 3 Hub, everything you can wish for basically and great colours!

Compared to my gsync only Alienware aw3418dw, it has the same great image quality, a slightly more matte coating and and a round centered stand.
Damn.. Makes me wanna keep it hehe.

Anyway, here's how Assetto Corsa in 1920x1080 looks like:
Don't worry about the "stripes".. It's the normal "camera on monitor effect"
View attachment 427982

Thanks a lot. :)

Latest News

What does easier access mean to you?

• Free access

Votes: 123 70.3%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 42 24.0%
  • Better structured forum