Decision Help new Monitor

Yes!
Get VA if you want massive contrast but imo a bit too intense on the eyes colors or get an IPS like me if you can live with some backlight bleeding and ips greenish corner bleeding and some rather "gray" black but very very natural colors you can stare at all day long :p

The gsync monitors are very rare and expensive but there are some good freesync monitors out there now that are gsync compatible.

One example of "super duper" monitor would be this one:
LG 34GK950F

Has 10 bit wide gamut colors but also a rgb mode.
Sadly gsync compatible mode wasn't a thing when I bought my Dell...

But there might be cheaper ones!

The main issue might be that lots of office monitors have some kind of freesync support but not really the gaming grade low input lag, gsync compatible stuff...
i found that one: Benq ex3501r 35 . Very interesting, good reviews and most important right now about 600 €

• Deleted member 197115

Take a look at this resource
They have budget LG listed there, it's only 1080 vertical though, not sure if you are fine with that.
I think this is link to the right model (2019) on amazon

Last edited by a moderator:
21:9 - 34" is the same height as 16:9 - 27".
So same Pixel density and therefore should be fine!

The 1080p 144 Hz monitors from LG are very nice and cost a lot less than the 1440p ultrawides...

Friend of mine has one from a few years ago and apart from only 1080p, I can't find a bad thing about it!

There's one review at the linked Amazon site that tells you about his 16:9 1080p at work that would be fine..
Eh... I don't know what he's seeing there but the pixel density is identical :whistling:
Maybe it's 2-4 cm difference, but nothing noticeable in my opinion!
So something is a bit strange about his review...

Last edited:
Coudl you guys give your thoughts on this one?

Electriq-49suwd

My main thoughts at first were "8ms?", thinking that would ghost in game, and now, how would 1080P fair across that much screen.

Am looking at 49" for the FoV, coming from VR I want as much view as I can get; it's only going to be used for Simracing if that helps.

Coudl you guys give your thoughts on this one?

Electriq-49suwd

My main thoughts at first were "8ms?", thinking that would ghost in game, and now, how would 1080P fair across that much screen.

Am looking at 49" for the FoV, coming from VR I want as much view as I can get; it's only going to be used for Simracing if that helps.
It's the Samsung qled panel so if you want to know how this panel behaves, search for a detailed review/test for the Samsung 49" with the same resolution.

Afaik this is the first iteration of the 49" Samsung panels. Gsync compatibility was a bit sketchy as far as I read about it...

The 8ms should be fine. I once ordered a 1ms Acer TN panel monitor that smeared and ghosted like crazy so the response time doesn't really tell you the full story...
If the panel is good, 8ms will not give you the best clarity while doing 180 reflex turns in a competitive shooter but a little bit of motion blur while racing shouldn't cause any issues at all!

"1080p across that much screen" is the same wrong logic as the store page claims "double the resolution of FullHD for more details".

Clarity is about pixel density! This screen is the same height as a 24.5" 16:9 monitor.
So if 1920x1080 is fine for you on a 24" standard monitor, it will be fine on that 49" too.
For me, up to 25" is okay even for texts in 1080p.
My 27" 1080p was a bit blurry when reading a lot. For gaming is was totally fine, apart from when a game had bad anti aliasing.

Witcher 3 with only some kind of "fxaa" was a pain for my eyes. Raceroom with 8x msaa was completely fine though!

Clarity is about pixel density! This screen is the same height as a 24.5" 16:9 monitor.
So if 1920x1080 is fine for you on a 24" standard monitor, it will be fine on that 49" too.
For me, up to 25" is okay even for texts in 1080p.
My 27" 1080p was a bit blurry when reading a lot. For gaming is was totally fine, apart from when a game had bad anti aliasing.

Cheers man! This was the key bit for me; so much information out there I'd frozen when it came to making a decision.

I'm fine with what I see on a 24" 1080p...coming from VR anything looks good and 49" (with headtracking) will give me all the FoV/Apex spotting I'll need.

I'll have a look into the panel itself before I make the decision, but you've been a great help; appreciate your time :)

21:9 - 34" is the same height as 16:9 - 27".
So same Pixel density and therefore should be fine!

The 1080p 144 Hz monitors from LG are very nice and cost a lot less than the 1440p ultrawides...

Friend of mine has one from a few years ago and apart from only 1080p, I can't find a bad thing about it!

There's one review at the linked Amazon site that tells you about his 16:9 1080p at work that would be fine..
Eh... I don't know what he's seeing there but the pixel density is identical :whistling:
Maybe it's 2-4 cm difference, but nothing noticeable in my opinion!
So something is a bit strange about his review...
I definitely want to upgrade to a native 1440 res. Cause right now I scale up every game I play to this Resolution or even higher (depending on the game of course)
So right now the BenQ ex3501r could be the chioce

I definitely want to upgrade to a native 1440 res. Cause right now I scale up every game I play to this Resolution or even higher (depending on the game of course)
So right now the BenQ ex3501r could be the chioce
Quick research:
Looks like it supports gsync very well as long as fps don't drop below 40.
If any flickering happens, setting a custom resolution via cru (custom resolution utility) to 98 hz seems to help.

Maybe AMD will bring us awesome new gpus, then you can use the well working freesync in the future without any hassle.

Otherwise the monitor seems fine. Input lag is okay at about 14ms and ghosting or smearing doesn't seem to really be an issue.

Go for it :)

Hi

I must come to this topic back again.

While i plan to order this Benq 3440x1440 for chrismas i have still little concerns about how my PC will handle this resolution. If i become satisfying fps.
The specs are: Ryzen 2700x, RTX 2070 super, 16mb ram

For now i am playing for example AC all maxed, with CSP with nearly everything turned on - scaled
@ 3k 2880x1620 with about avg 85 fps.

These resolution has 4500 pixels. The UWHQD resolution will have: 4880 pixels.

My mathematics :D says it will problebly be a lost of about 7 fps... This would be ok but not fully satisfying. Of course It`s cristal clear i have no chance at 100fps ...

Are there some tricks, tips how i get AC with CSP more fps, without loosing to much visuals?
For example may i turn off AA ingame? while using CSPs - TA

Thank you in advance guys for some suggestions.

Last edited:
Hi

I must come to this topic back again.

While i plan to order this Benq 3440x1440 for chrismas i have still little concerns about how my PC will handle this resolution. If i become satisfying fps.
The specs are: Ryzen 2700x, RTX 2070 super, 16mb ram

For now i am playing for example AC all maxed, with CSP with nearly everything turned on - scaled
@ 3k 2880x1620 with about avg 85 fps.

These resolution has 4500 pixels. The UWHQD resolution will have: 4880 pixels.

My mathematics :D says it will problebly be a lost of about 7 fps... This would be ok but not fully satisfying. Of course It`s cristal clear i have no chance at 100fps ...

Are there some tricks, tips how i get AC with CSP without loosing to much visuals?
For example may i turn off AA ingame? while using CSPs - TA

Thank you in advance guys for some suggestions.
Do you have freesync or gsync right now? I think you told us that you're running vsync at 85 hz?

With freesync/gsync I don't care about a few fps. 7 fps are nothing to be worried about!
The input lag is lower with adaptive sync so while the image isn't as fluid as with higher fps, the "feel of being connected with the car" is better.

Do you have freesync or gsync right now? I think you told us that you're running vsync at 85 hz?

With freesync/gsync I don't care about a few fps. 7 fps are nothing to be worried about!
The input lag is lower with adaptive sync so while the image isn't as fluid as with higher fps, the "feel of being connected with the car" is better.
Sorry i wasn`t clear enough - right now i have a 60hz monitor running with vsync ON @60fps.

But just to measure the possible fps i disabled vsync and got this result above.

Sorry i wasn`t clear enough - right now i have a 60hz monitor running with vsync ON @60fps.

But just to measure the possible fps i disabled vsync and got this result above.
Then let me tell me that 60 to 75 fps still gives you a nice boost in "smoothness".
But even at 40 fps with adaptive sync, the visual wheel and your pc wheel are still more "connected" than at 60 fps vsync :)

I have to play some games like the Witcher 3 at 45-55 fps due to my 1070 crying for help..
When I change from gsync to my TV with 60 Hz and vsync it's like going from a katana to grandma's pudding!
Ofc the TV (Samsung with game mode on) has a little bit more input lag than a gaming monitor but you get my point hehe

yes and i can`t wait till i got the new one :) Btw. I had the gtx1070 before, still a solid card. My son enjoy the card now. On FullHD still not bad, but obviously 2k and higher becomes hard.
Hehe yeah I went from "everything to the maaaxxxxx" to "well, low-medium is fine" :roflmao:
Waiting for the 3070 or 3080 20gb now...
Couldn't justify to spend so much money on the 20xx series for not that massive performance plus :(

• Deleted member 197115

Some questionable advises, avoid G-Sync, opt for 1080p?

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 28 84.8%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 10 30.3%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 10 30.3%