shame there's no Adam Małysz :cry::rolleyes:

78193_front.jpg

Maybe you should see if you can find him in this game instead :whistling:

I really wish they won't over complicate riding a motorcycle. You can't simulate it unless you come up with a controller that can take inputs from every muscle in body, so why bother at all. They should focus on making them fun and easy, with a consideration for what average speed is possible with a rally bike on rough terrain.

Is it only me, or is the PR department for this really lacking? Where is all the hype, details, etc...
I've seen all they have released but it just feels very lack lustre, for what it's promising.

Just thought the same today, altough they post videos on Facebook it feels very weak. Also, weren't there talks that the game will release in summer? Of course summer is not over yet but there isn't even a trailer out.

Just thought the same today, altough they post videos on Facebook it feels very weak. Also, weren't there talks that the game will release in summer? Of course summer is not over yet but there isn't even a trailer out.
According to them (Facebook comment replies) Release date and Pre-order options (maybe trailer too, i assume) are out this week... lets wait and see

EDIT: RELEASE DATE AND FULL DETAILS ARE RELEASED TODAY (DONT KNOW ABOUT THE TRAILER)

Last edited:

I have seen many videos with vehicles running, but they have not taught anything of mechanics like navigation, repairs, only a driver walking. I hope they teach more things in the future that catch my attention.

Dakar18-screenshot_2.jpg Dakar18-screenshot_3.jpg Dakar18-screenshot_4.jpg Dakar18-screenshot_5.jpg Dakar18-screenshot_1.jpg Dakar 18 Release Date.jpg
Dakar 18, the eagerly anticipated official videogame of the Dakar Rally has an official release date - set to hit our shelves this September 11th!

Having been revealed to the world then going pretty low key apart from the odd video snippet pushed live on social media, we now have an official release date for Dakar 18! Set to hit the world stage on Tuesday 11th September for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC, Dakar 18 will be the official videogame of the world famous Dakar Rally, one of the toughest cross country off road racing events in the world where drivers and riders have to navigate tough and diverse terrain in a race against the clock spread over several days and nights.

As well as confirmation of the release date, developers Bigmoon Studio have also pushed live a brand new trailer - showcasing a spectacular looking new title that is sure to garner plenty of attention when in releases to the public later this year.

Stay tuned for more news as and when it becomes available !

Keep an eye out on the RaceDepartment YouTube channel for more preview images when they become available HERE.

DAKAR 18 is scheduled to release 2018 for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC.

To keep in touch with all the latest news from this simulation, and to share the excitement with your fellow fans of the great event, be sure to check out the brand new Dakar 18 sub forum right here at RaceDepartment.com!

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

What do you think of the new trailer? Looking forward to Dakar 18? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
I see lots of people saying the physics might be a bit wonky and this and that, but honestly even if it does turn out to be a controller arcade kinda game still looks like a load of fun, hopefully they manage to deliver! :thumbsup:

• Deleted member 197115

Hope it won't be Crew 2 in a desert. Afraid it looks like one already.

I have seen many videos with vehicles running, but they have not taught anything of game mechanics, like navigation, repairs, only a driver walking. I hope they teach more things in the future that catch my attention. I hope so.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back