Hi, I have recorded some onboard audio from the SF71H (Ferrari F1 2018) and wanted to try it with the formula ultimate cars to see how it looks, the problem is, every sounds that i have created dont work at all. I made only the inside sounds, so while in the game i have now only the outside sounds working. My audio files were recorded/created with Audacity, i've exported the files in .wav 32bit format. Path from the sfx file to my custom sound folder is correct, i even tried to rename my sounds to the default ones and replace them but no luck..

Can someone tell me what i did wrong please ?
Thank you.

Yes, files need to be:

16bit / 44.1 kHz (can be 48.0 but all other ingame audio is 44.1).

Files need to not hit "0dB" mark on peak meter, you can normalise them just a tiny bit below (like -0.01 dB is enough, or you'll get random clicks).

Also, make sure there is no DC offset in your files. Especially for external samples - it will guarantee nasty distortion.

thank you for all of those informations, looks like i have work to do! :laugh:

EDIT: Okay so now all my sounds are working but yet another problem comes :
Coast sounds are way too high and Power sounds way too low. I don't get it how it can sound like this.. i adjusted every sounds (-+ dB) with the audio peakmeter to get almost exactly the same level as the original sounds.. :unsure:

Any idea ?

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes