CPU Occupancy 95%

I had this too, running Windows 8.1, Intel i5 4590@3.3GHz and a GTX460 (so a rather mediocre pc) and with 12 AI.
But I found this:
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/faq/id-1939190/increase-fps-cpu-intensive-games-windows.html
and
http://www.coderbag.com/Programming-C/Disable-CPU-Core-Parking-Utility
(being the link to the mentioned tool).
I tried it and until now I don't see the warning anymore, although maybe it is too early to judge. Have to try it some more.
I took the "New beta" version of the tool and meanwhile I also disabled CPU Power Management under Intel Speedstep in my bios.
I didn't read all of this thread, so if it was already mentioned I apologize.

Thanks rijnton - Has anyone else had success running this tool?

Thanks rijnton - Has anyone else had success running this tool?
I use hwinfo to monitor stuff on the pc, like fans rpm, cpu frequency, temps etc.. and the clock of my cpu is always at max. I disabled options in bios, the c-state, speedstep (eist) and all those features that are used to save power and temps, by lowering frequency or parking cores. Then it boosts up when high usage on gaming, and this going up and down can unsettle the fluidity in games.

You can try that program, there's another one too: https://bitsum.com/parkcontrol/
If you use this program, configure it this way:

noOR6M8.png

I don't have 4 cores, but 2 cores and 4 threads (2 per core), with hyperthreading. Select high performance and press active, then put those sliders the same way and apply. My logical processors is 4 (including cores and hyper threaded), if I'd have a parked core, one or two of those bars would be displayed with dark grey, just like you see on their website.
Using hwinfo I can see this sort of info:

ng2sWdw.png

Looking at cpu core min and max, I know the frequency doesn't drop due to power saving.

Funny to read,
Guy A: I have i5 and I am fine
Guy B: I have i5 but am not fine
I think you should also compare generations of i5 processors and models, clockspeeds etc.
My laptop has an i5 processor as well but will never be able to smoothly run AC ;)
I've seen older i5's with 2 cores without hyperthreading, while new ones have 4 cores with hyperthreading for 8 threads, which increases the calculation power by a whole lot.

Also the graphical settings are most likely not the cause of the 95% warning as this is mainly your GPU doing the calculations. Your CPU does the AI thinking and the physics calculations, you guys should hang on till update 1.1, where they claim to have fixed these problems.

never had it before, been fine with full grid, all of sudden getting it, changed nothing, also noticed in options,video, I have a white box on resolution?? ( which was and assume still us at 1920x1024)

Any help please?
i5 cpu 4690K I think 3.3mhz
Gtx970 4 GB Nvidea
8 ram
G27
Trackir
Headset.

Don't know if any or all is relevant :)

How many cars are you calling a full grid? Have you tried lowering that number to see if the message goes away?

It gets better with a grid of 15, message still there but game runs better,I was having 23 opponents.and no problems, this started when I installed ,two extra tracks,
Salzburg and albert park, AC-efx,v2, some sort of overlay? Listed here in most download with five stars, and FF2014.

All but the two tracks been removed now.

So frustrating,, even when single car it very occasionally lags.?

Doesn't suffer in two other games on machine, F1 2013, and Il2 cliff of Dover?

Last edited:
It gets better with a grid of 15, message still there but game runs better,I was having 23 opponents.and no problems, this started when I installed ,two extra tracks,
Salzburg and albert park, AC-efx,v2, some sort of overlay? Listed here in most download with five stars, and FF2014.

All but the two tracks been removed now.

So frustrating,, even when single car it very occasionally lags.?

Doesn't suffer in two other games on machine, F1 2013, and Il2 cliff of Dover?

Yea, that's a LOT of cars and AC will chew up and spit out PC's when you start trying to add that many cars. I never use more than 11 AI opponents for a total of 12 including myself.

Ok blkout, pushing the system too hard ,I have reduced now,and it is much better,
Still baffled why I can't change reso in menu, just a white square his, where there was a drop down menus.
its a problem between steam client and the game menu. You can still change resolution, refresh, index, monitor mode, etc.. in my docs/ac/cfg video.ini

I'm over this, I have 3 games on this pc,Sunday morning, I get the 95% thing, I've posted all over, there appears no answer, lots of suggestions, all of which I've done, all three game stutter and struggle, my cpu , all 4 cores are running mostly at 100%,
Asseto corsa unplayable, from brilliant overnight, .
I'm giving up on Asseto, but F1 2013 doing same, and il2 cod , also, but not as bad.
What's weird is there is no answers? No one seems to know anything?
I honestly don't know what to do next. :(
i5 4590K at 3.50 MHz
Nvidea GTX 970 4gb.
8 ram
I'm lost :(

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back