CPU Occupancy 95%

Yesterday I had a race. 22 AI, only GT3 Cars, Magione. After 15 rounds the sound partly collapsed, then it began to stutter. Had so much fun driving didn't want to stop, at the same time I was eyeing my PC if I could see smoke, it really felt like it could explode at anytime. Probably my GTX which was overheating, no?

Smoke on. GTX 770 with 2 Megs, Xeon 1230, win 8.1

Will try without smoke the next time. Up until then everything was fine. Had a blast driving.

Yesterday I had a race. 22 AI, only GT3 Cars, Magione. After 15 rounds the sound partly collapsed, then it began to stutter. Had so much fun driving didn't want to stop, at the same time I was eyeing my PC if I could see smoke, it really felt like it could explode at anytime. Probably my GTX which was overheating, no?

Smoke on. GTX 770 with 2 Megs, Xeon 1230, win 8.1

Will try without smoke the next time. Up until then everything was fine. Had a blast driving.
You can monitor your GPU temperature and many more criteria with Afterburner, HWmonitor or a similar diagnostic tool. All of whom are freeware.

It was an Intel Core Duo clocking in at 3,4 Ghz or something like that. 5 years old. I think everything would have been better, so: The Xeon? I love it. It was long overdue to build a new rig and man is this machine easy to handle and powerful. 32 Gigs Ram also, I can't complain.

I have the CPU_Occupany 95% warning message with the 1.0RC too. In Nordschleife with 12 ai car, in practice session. These 12 ai car is various, m3, m1, alfa, sls, lotus, shelby, ktm, because i create a "track day" feeling in Nordschleife. :Đ But this message is strange, because i dont have any performance issue, the game is running smooth, no lags, no fps drops. This message is removable (with console command?!), or not? It's very annoying to see it in the whole practice session on the top of the screen, and i don't want to decrease the ai car's number, because it's not cause a real performance issue, it is only a "fake warning"....

I have an overclocked Phenom II X4 processor, with 8gigs of DDR3 dual-channel (in Unganged mode), and an OC'd Sapphire HD7750 1Gig gddr5.

I have the CPU_Occupany 95% warning message with the 1.0RC too. In Nordschleife with 12 ai car, in practice session. These 12 ai car is various, m3, m1, alfa, sls, lotus, shelby, ktm, because i create a "track day" feeling in Nordschleife. :Đ But this message is strange, because i dont have any performance issue, the game is running smooth, no lags, no fps drops. This message is removable (with console command?!), or not? It's very annoying to see it in the whole practice session on the top of the screen, and i don't want to decrease the ai car's number, because it's not cause a real performance issue, it is only a "fake warning"....

I have an overclocked Phenom II X4 processor, with 8gigs of DDR3 dual-channel (in Unganged mode), and an OC'd Sapphire HD7750 1Gig gddr5.
Please look up this issue in the FAQ.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVhjJ7L1_qg&feature=youtube_gdata

I ran two short test to look at CPU occupancy.
All the parameters are displayed in the box...(left on screen).
With the lone Ferrari 458 at Spa, the occupancy does not move above 0.
With 24 AI...again at Spa, it goes to 67 max.
I am running an I7-3820 at 3.8GHz/ 16GB DDR3 1333 and GTX670...so not a 'cutting edge' system.
God! Youtube botches the video....the original is smooth as glass everywhere.

Last edited:
I have a Inter i5 760 @2.80 GHz and i cannot race properly. If i race in multiplayer with more than 3-4 different models, my PC give up... Before 1.0 I could race normally :(
What kind of cars did you choose for the Ai to pilot and what are your settings for 'reflection quality' and 'reflection rendering frequency' in the graphics options?

Is this happening in Singleplayer or MP ? What GPU do you have?

I had this too, running Windows 8.1, Intel i5 4590@3.3GHz and a GTX460 (so a rather mediocre pc) and with 12 AI.
But I found this:
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/faq/id-1939190/increase-fps-cpu-intensive-games-windows.html
and
http://www.coderbag.com/Programming-C/Disable-CPU-Core-Parking-Utility
(being the link to the mentioned tool).
I tried it and until now I don't see the warning anymore, although maybe it is too early to judge. Have to try it some more.
I took the "New beta" version of the tool and meanwhile I also disabled CPU Power Management under Intel Speedstep in my bios.
I didn't read all of this thread, so if it was already mentioned I apologize.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back