CPU Bottleneck and Hyper Threading

Ah, right, I'm so hopelessly stuck in the antiquated 60 Hz world I didn't even notice you have 144 Hz monitors like most people nowadays... :(

If they're G Sync or Freesync capable (which they likely are) and you have Gsync/Freesync set up correctly, you should find a framerate you can sustain like 95% of time and cap your framerate at that value, preferrably using Afterburner, you'll get more consistent frametimes and therefore smoother visuals and as a result also more consistent input lag.

Good you have increased performance!

Yeah agree after finding out the limit set "Max framerate" setting to what you know you can sustain for that smooth experience.

However still a bit mystified about the max CPU thread usage not going above 63% even after essentially uncapping the framerate, like there is still 20% headroom on the GPU as well for some reason? Wonder what else would hold the CPU back,
Windows and Nvidia power settings set to high performance?

Ideally finding the setting that gets you as close to 100% as possible on the GPU then cap the framerate.

However still a bit mystified about the max CPU thread usage not going above 63% even after essentially uncapping the framerate, like there is still 20% headroom on the GPU as well for some reason? Wonder what else would hold the CPU back,
I've explained it before. You're unlikely to ever see 100% even on individual cores due to the app threads constantly jumping from one CPU thread (core) to other. Not impossible to see, but fairly unlikely.

As far as GPU, CPU and even Windows settings I have set to maximum performance with no restrictions as to when to apply as this PC's only function is to be a virtual race car. After the last post I did go back in and set the max framerate to the monitors capability of 144.

Something else I wanted to share is although the CPU is overclocked by 20% I did it using the ASUS utility that has an option Sync ALL Cores. Is that a preferred method, or should the OC be done per core?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back