Content Manager (Questions & Answers)

Not that it matters, but you must have downloaded an old version from the site, even if linked as latest.zip. Current stable v0.8.2149.36611(link) and latest untested v0.8.2226.37393 (fetched by cm when requested to auto-update to untested builds) both trigger no false positives on virustotal.com (1,2).

Last edited:
Not that it matters, but you must have downloaded an old version from the site, even if linked as latest.zip. Current stable v0.8.2149.36611(link) and latest untested v0.8.2226.37393 (fetched by cm when requested to auto-update to untested builds) both trigger no false positives on virustotal.com (1,2).

Thanks AV much appreciated, will download from GH

I have found the Problem on my Side. When i tick the Car-specific Controls Box, with any Profile i selected/tested I get the Grey Screen, when i untick the Box it works again. No Idea why tho. Hope this can help someone find a Solution.

Edit: I drive with a Thrustmaster T500, Fanatec CSL Elite Pedals and a Thrustmaster Th8rs Shifter.

Last edited:
I have found the Problem on my Side. When i tick the Car-specific Controls Box, with any Profile i selected/tested I get the Grey Screen, when i untick the Box it works again. No Idea why tho. Hope this can help someone find a Solution.

Edit: I drive with a Thrustmaster T500, Fanatec CSL Elite Pedals and a Thrustmaster Th8rs Shifter.

Thanks for posting your workaround!

the same is happening here, AC crashes when i try to start quick race.
I Tried deleting assetto corsa folder in MY Docments and launching AC from main folder in C:games/assetto corsa, the game launches normaly.
but when i go back and try to launche it from CM it Crashes again.

ver 1.16.3

SOLVED!

The shader patch was the culprit

1.uninstalled CM, rename the File (C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\AcTools Content Manager) to (C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\AcTools Content Managerbak)
2. install CM again
3. istall shader patch
4. (inside CM) update shader patch to recommended version.
5. install SOL
6. Voila it works again no prob.

Last edited:
@Foxington

Perfect description of what needs to be done mostly for finding the problem and the solution.
It mostly works again perfectly when all that is done. :thumbsup:

NB: I'd just add ... make a backup also with your documents/assetto corsa before deleting them.... so that different previous settings, setups or even replays may be brought to the new folder afterwards.

Last edited:
Thank you all for this thread.
At 270 gb, my Assetto Corsa was preventing me from recording my music, install other great games, etc.

I'm 10% into the compression, and already freed up +20gb of space from my drive!
I can only imagine it's gonna free more than 100 gb. (percentage of completion is not proportional of course)

You guys /and CM of course) saved my disk drive, thanks again!

Last edited:
so i'm looking to host some servers. if i download modded cars tracks weather etc etc, and host the server.. will others be able to use these mods without the need to download and install each one themselves? or will they HAVE to install content manager and install ALL the SAME mods that i have installed and running on the server?

probably a stupid question but im new to all this lol.

if its possible, am i able to install the mods onto content manager and also use the latest server manager mod? (the one that opens in a web browser) or will i have to host the server from the content manager?

sorry and thank you

ok - all cars & tracks, even in Practice mode in CM caused a 'Race Cancelled'. I disabled the Shaders Patch in 'General Patch Settings (set to inactive) and then tried to start a stock car with a stock track. This had Race Cancelled with a note about 'fuel usage app may cause crash' with a dialog to disable the app and try again. This worked.
I re-enabled the Shaders Patch

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back