Content Manager (Questions & Answers)

Hello. I am having issues with content manager (or my game). When exiting a race, I get an error message.

AC\inputdevice.cpp (127): InputDevice::setG27Leds
AC\inputdevice.cpp (88): InputDevice::~InputDevice
AC\directinput.cpp (38): DirectInput::~DirectInput
00007FF7EC35EA84 (acs): (filename not available): DirectInput::`scalar deleting destructor'
AC\directinput.cpp (84): DirectInput::cleanup
AC\game.cpp (233): Game::shutdownObject
AC\game.cpp (221): Game::run
AC\acs.cpp (477): wWinMain
f:\dd\vctools\crt\crtw32\dllstuff\crtexe.c (618): __tmainCRTStartup

Now no temp. replay is saved anymore and any changes I do with the apps during sessions are unsaved too. I also use reshade and the inmersive graphics mod. I never had this issue, before I tried to play assetto corsa in VR with my rift. Also the graphics mod "disables" when I snap the window to my monitor. By that I mean I can't access reshades' menu using the 'pos1' key on the keyboard. I also should meantion that CM wanted to be moved to the root directory (because it was on my D-Drive and now is on my C-Drive) when I first wanted to start driving in VR.

Could VR be my problem? And if so, how can I fix it? I am frustrated.

Hello. I am having issues with content manager (or my game). When exiting a race, I get an error message.

AC\inputdevice.cpp (127): InputDevice::setG27Leds
AC\inputdevice.cpp (88): InputDevice::~InputDevice
AC\directinput.cpp (38): DirectInput::~DirectInput
00007FF7EC35EA84 (acs): (filename not available): DirectInput::`scalar deleting destructor'
AC\directinput.cpp (84): DirectInput::cleanup
AC\game.cpp (233): Game::shutdownObject
AC\game.cpp (221): Game::run
AC\acs.cpp (477): wWinMain
f:\dd\vctools\crt\crtw32\dllstuff\crtexe.c (618): __tmainCRTStartup

Now no temp. replay is saved anymore and any changes I do with the apps during sessions are unsaved too. I also use reshade and the inmersive graphics mod. I never had this issue, before I tried to play assetto corsa in VR with my rift. Also the graphics mod "disables" when I snap the window to my monitor. By that I mean I can't access reshades' menu using the 'pos1' key on the keyboard. I also should meantion that CM wanted to be moved to the root directory (because it was on my D-Drive and now is on my C-Drive) when I first wanted to start driving in VR.

Could VR be my problem? And if so, how can I fix it? I am frustrated.
Never mind. I fixed it by disableing some other graphics mods and reinstalling CSP.

Good day, need help. Installed CM, Sol and CSP. So far I tried the Fiat EsseEsse on Brands Hatch in light rain. All seem to be working well, car braking and accelerating, but does not react to steering inputs. Really want to get this going, want to do night racing on the old historic tracks. Advice please!

Agreed. I'm keen to hear why @cl.performance thinks that's what is needed.
I am the engineer of one of the mercedes GT4 and there is a huge difference at eau rouge. If you want to go through like it is in real, you need to adjust the griplevel. In the real, you need to brake there otherwise your car is slipping away with all 4 tires.

The real lap tipe is no good comarison between the sim and the real. you need to know where you are faster and where you are slower in comparison. in ACC you are basically too fast at the entry of a corner. the tire cannot produce that much grip in real.

the next point to consider is the temperature and the tire compount. in the real you have sometimes a difference about 1-2 seconds from one to another day only because of the all over grip level from the surface of the track. the sim doesnt simulate dust or other temperature variations within one outing or even corner by corner like it is in the real.

The TCR mod from AC is a very good mod to train the next race weekend. in comparison with the real, you need to adjust the grip level to "old" and than you have the real braking points.

In a GT4 at ACC you are braking about 20-30m later than in the real. to adjust this, you need to reduce the all over grip level as well. thats why i am asking. for this adjustment.

Having a content manager problem with 'manual mixed' grids in custom championships - seems that the ai names and cars for the next race weekend in the series change each time content manager is restarted.

Content manager also appears to ignore the grid config for that championship - once restarted it will add/change cars for the next race weekend that are not even in the grid config !

I suppose this means that to keep the ai and cars the same, all races in a championship need to be completed in a single sitting. A shame since I like 8 or 10 weekends in a championship and having the opposition change like this doesn't make it feel like a championship at all, just a series of disconnected races.

I'm sure there must be a good reason for this, since I find content manager to be otherwise simply brilliant...but if anyone knows how to stop the ai names and cars from changing like this I would very much appreciate the tip.

I have several custom championships set up in CM so i know what you're saying, but i never had it add/remove cars from the line-up. As for liveries and driver names, seems to be a CM bug, it always changes and mixes them whenever it is restarted, but if i press "reset" it will read the initial intended values, so they are not lost, just temporarily forgotten it seems.
Still it's really annoying, i have a full F1 season with the 1991 cars (that include real driver names and their liveries), so having it being remixed whenever i resume it, it's a bit of a bummer.

Thanks for your reply JBolho - got a solution for your F1 season I think. The ai names being changed after CM is restarted never seems to occur if you create a championship, set it all up as you wish and then save it for the first time. If you then play through that championship, the ai names and cars do not change even when CM is restarted or if you resume it a few days later. The bug kicks in once you make any subsequent edit(s) to the championship and save it for the second or more times...ai names (and sometimes cars too) will change each time CM is restarted. It's as if you only get one chance to save the championship …any subsequent edits (particularly to the grid) then the issue will occur.

So create your F1 season from scratch, get everything absolutely right and then save it ONCE - ai names will then be preserved throughout your season. This worked for me after a lot of testing. Cheers

Hi All,

I had the same issue until I dropped settings > assetto corsa > video > shadows resolution from 4K to full HD. My native resolution is full HD.

I first had the issue after installing SRP traffic mod

Hope it helps

I have several custom championships set up in CM so i know what you're saying, but i never had it add/remove cars from the line-up. As for liveries and driver names, seems to be a CM bug, it always changes and mixes them whenever it is restarted, but if i press "reset" it will read the initial intended values, so they are not lost, just temporarily forgotten it seems.
Still it's really annoying, i have a full F1 season with the 1991 cars (that include real driver names and their liveries), so having it being remixed whenever i resume it, it's a bit of a bummer.
Thanks for your reply JBolho - got a solution for your F1 season I think. The ai names being changed after CM is restarted never seems to occur if you create a championship, set it all up as you wish and then save it for the first time. If you then play through that championship, the ai names and cars do not change even when CM is restarted or if you resume it a few days later. The bug kicks in once you make any subsequent edit(s) to the championship and save it for the second or more times...ai names (and sometimes cars too) will change each time CM is restarted. It's as if you only get one chance to save the championship …any subsequent edits (particularly to the grid) then the issue will occur.

So create your F1 season from scratch, get everything absolutely right and then save it ONCE - ai names will then be preserved throughout your season. This worked for me after a lot of testing. Cheers

dont delete your config, try this first:
1598478961741.png

ok different approach:
Save your controller setup from cm/settings/ac/controls .
Then copy that from "Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\controllers\savedsetups"
to : "Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\controllers\presets"
call it "default.ini"
maybe make backup of old default

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering