Content Manager (Questions & Answers)

another sad day... still no control when launching from CM...

tried all suggestions here... also plugged on other ports and tried connecting before CM launches and after... no clue what else to do... re-install?

is there a way to do some debug logging that we could dig further into? (i'm a software developer but not games or windows)

idk if this help
1598565340156.png

still no... the devices (pedals are separate connected via usb) are detected, configured and i can see clicks and working (via the bars in the controls screen of CM) its only when launching the actual game (on drive or right on the test settings screen) that they do nothing...

Thanks for your reply JBolho - got a solution for your F1 season I think. The ai names being changed after CM is restarted never seems to occur if you create a championship, set it all up as you wish and then save it for the first time. If you then play through that championship, the ai names and cars do not change even when CM is restarted or if you resume it a few days later. The bug kicks in once you make any subsequent edit(s) to the championship and save it for the second or more times...ai names (and sometimes cars too) will change each time CM is restarted. It's as if you only get one chance to save the championship …any subsequent edits (particularly to the grid) then the issue will occur.

So create your F1 season from scratch, get everything absolutely right and then save it ONCE - ai names will then be preserved throughout your season. This worked for me after a lot of testing. Cheers

Thank you for the tip, will do!

I also do not know what is meant by "resetting/removing your controller configuration in CM completely", but I got wheel and pedals working in AC launched from CM
(when they behaved fine in CM settings and AC launched by steam) by
  • restarting Windows
  • renaming "~\Documents\Assetto Corsa\" to "~\Documents\Assetto Corsa.b4\"
  • starting CM, configuring wheels and pedals, then Test
.. which forced creation of a new "~\Documents\Assetto Corsa\" that does work
(but is missing all tediously tweaked settings)

Try making a controller preset, and then renaming that preset to default.ini.

Presets are found in \Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\cfg\controllers\presets

Try this - after running a round, go to the content/misc where you set up the championship and press the little button at the bottom left "save all". I usually press it twice to be sure - lol. It seems to work for me. Good luck.

hi again guys....

thks a lot for the patience...

tried again all suggestions:
- played with presets and copying over to default cfg on both the \Steam and ~\Documents roots and FAILED
- deleted "~\Documents\Assetto Corsa" and reconfigured everything on both CM and native launchers and FAILED yet again

one thing i noticed which i think maybe related... i recently had to do some changes on steam with controllers to get my gamepad to work (like xbox support etc)... not sure if this was when it started failing. And i noticed now that when im configuring via CM i can assign the DPAD buttons to actions (like look left, right etc) and when i configure in AC's native laumcher the DPAD seems to be ignored... could this be related? any ideas what to do?

yep that was it... i removed the generic gamepad support from Steam's controller settings and now all is well... CM and AC's native launcher are both working fine

Thanks again for all the support!

Hope this helps someone who gets into this as it was very frustrating for me for a while...

I downloaded CM today and I was running it for around 2 hours after shutting it down. Upon reopening it CM closed instantly and my AntiVirus had deleted it with the message of there being a threat.
I’ve read a few forums but am still unsure whether it is safe or not?
Cheers

I have the same problem with my Content Manager my AntiVirus had deleted the Content Manager

Hi i'm wondering if anyone could point me how to change my driver name when i start the game with Content Manager because i get a random name for my driver "jack".

Found the solution under "Content Manager Drive option

Last edited:
getting this error whenever i open assetto corsa through cm
00007FFE5573EADE (steam_api64): (filename not available): SteamAPI_RunCallbacks
AC\steaminterface.cpp (739): SteamInterface::update
AC\game.cpp (261): Game::update
AC\game.cpp (112): Game::onIdle
AC\game.cpp (210): Game::run
AC\acs.cpp (477): wWinMain
f:\dd\vctools\crt\crtw32\dllstuff\crtexe.c (618): __tmainCRTStartup
00007FFE7D657BD4 (KERNEL32): (filename not available): BaseThreadInitThunk
00007FFE7E74CE51 (ntdll): (filename not available): RtlUserThreadStart

i have sol, csp 1.6.0 and a3pp filter

• Deleted member 197115

It's dynamic based on the weather and rubber level, same link as posted above explains it.
Fresh Green track will be the most slippery for dry conditions.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.