Content Manager (Questions & Answers)

I felt like crying when I read the changelog to the recent update. I've been in love with Content Manager for a long time, but that feature was the tits. It probably saves 50% or more of the time it takes to download a mod, unpack, move files, etc. I'm shocked more people aren't asking about this. I'm the only person who's brought it up in the official thread for CM on the Kunos forums.

Was removal of the feature requested by Race Department?

I would like to hear from RD why they requested this to be removed (if it was them).
That was my favorite part too.. Terrible shame! :(

Last edited:
Hey guys,
I wasn't really involved in this but I really liked that feature too. I use a lot of mods!
We are all just normal drivers like you all are too so if this had to be removed I'm sure there was a pretty good reason. :(
But I see it the other way around. Big kudos to the guys behind content manager for caring about such things and actually removing something if requested, as it seems :)

But I see it the other way around. Big kudos to the guys behind content manager for caring about such things and actually removing something if requested, as it seems :)
From my experience the creator of CM, @x4fab, is a top-notch awesome person. :thumbsup: It baffles me how quickly he implements new features - many of which are wish-list requests from users of CM.

I also own the full version of CM and could not imagine to use the standard launcher any longer. I wish they would include support for the CrewChief app, maybe x4fab does read this here @ RD and give his input to this?

I felt like crying when I read the changelog to the recent update. I've been in love with Content Manager for a long time, but that feature was the tits. It probably saves 50% or more of the time it takes to download a mod, unpack, move files, etc. I'm shocked more people aren't asking about this. I'm the only person who's brought it up in the official thread for CM on the Kunos forums.

Was removal of the feature requested by Race Department?
I am also a very happy user of CM, I tried that feature but it was not working so well for me, so I kept transferring mod the old way, therefore I will not be missing that feature. Still I would not mind knowing the reasoning behind RD asking for the removing of that option in CM.

I am also a very happy user of CM, I tried that feature but it was not working so well for me, so I kept transferring mod the old way, therefore I will not be missing that feature. Still I would not mind knowing the reasoning behind RD asking for the removing of that option in CM.
The problems you were having, were they usually involving the installation of skins? I discovered that the only way to always have the skins properly installed into the Skins folder of the car you're expecting them to be installed was to make sure you had that car selected inside Content Manager. For some reason, when downloading a Skin(s) they would always get installed into the folder of whatever car you currently had selected, ready to go in Quick Drive mode. A strange issue, but thankfully I discovered the solution to get around it. I'll have to try it out on the other websites that still allow the "Download With Content Manager" plugin access.

I have the lite version of Content Manager. I am iffy about purchasing the full version as I heard that others have donated but never received their key.

I have the lite version of Content Manager. I am iffy about purchasing the full version as I heard that others have donated but never received their key.
Put your email, and nothing else than your email, in the PayPal comment!
Afaik this way it's ab automated process and you'll get your key within minutes :)

Afaik this way it's ab automated process and you'll get your key within minutes :)

Ah I never knew that. But do I have to have an Internet connection to be able to activate the full version of Content Manager as my gaming pc is just used for offline. I don't have any type of Internet connection set up on it what so ever.

Ah I never knew that. But do I have to have an Internet connection to be able to activate the full version of Content Manager as my gaming pc is just used for offline. I don't have any type of Internet connection set up on it what so ever.
When donating for the full version of Content Manager you will receive an activation code in your email. Then you just have to enter that code into your copy of Content Manager. So, just grab the code from your internet connected device (write it down or whatever) and then enter it into CM the next time you're on the gaming computer.

There have been occasions when the full version code did not get emailed to a donator right away, or even within a day or two. If that were to happen to you, all you need to do is write a message in the official support thread here: http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/content-manager-aka-alternative-launcher.33824/ This way x4fab will find out about your issue as quickly as possible and then fix it.

When donating for the full version of Content Manager you will receive an activation code in your email. Then you just have to enter that code into your copy of Content Manager. So, just grab the code from your internet connected device (write it down or whatever) and then enter it into CM the next time you're on the gaming computer.

There have been occasions when the full version code did not get emailed to a donator right away, or even within a day or two. If that were to happen to you, all you need to do is write a message in the official support thread here: http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/content-manager-aka-alternative-launcher.33824/ This way x4fab will find out about your issue as quickly as possible and then fix it.

How do I donate from my own PayPal account? I want to just donate 1 pence. Can I log into my own PayPal account then donate that way, rather than inputting my credit card details?

Thanks.

How do I go about donating? Do I log into my own PayPal account then go to the Content Manager website and click on the bottom where it says DONATE ''EUR''. I just want to donate 1 pence. Which in Euro's will be 0.88p.

The problems you were having, were they usually involving the installation of skins? I discovered that the only way to always have the skins properly installed into the Skins folder of the car you're expecting them to be installed was to make sure you had that car selected inside Content Manager. For some reason, when downloading a Skin(s) they would always get installed into the folder of whatever car you currently had selected, ready to go in Quick Drive mode. A strange issue, but thankfully I discovered the solution to get around it. I'll have to try it out on the other websites that still allow the "Download With Content Manager" plugin access.
No, I mostly only download cars and tracks, I cannot remember the last time I downloaded a skin.

How do I go about donating? Do I log into my own PayPal account then go to the Content Manager website and click on the bottom where it says DONATE ''EUR''. I just want to donate 1 pence. Which in Euro's will be 0.88p.
I did that looong ago but afaik you just click on the donate button, type in the amount and then you will get forwarded to the PayPal login. Login and you can proceed.

How generous of you. :rolleyes:

Haha, that made me laugh. I donated in the end. Only 2 pence but I now have the full version. The only thing is I keep getting an error about SlimDX. I had the runtime libaries installed and I have since uninstalled them. I'm on Windows 8.1 Professional 64 bit. What is the cause of the error?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back