Content Manager (Questions & Answers)

Could somebody please explain, in a very simple step-by-step method, how to load cars and skins into Assetto Corsa using Content Mananger?

Thank you in advance.

First time you run cm, it ask for your ac folder so no need to load cars..
What's the prob?

Yeah ... I have no trouble with that part ... it's adding new content ... News Cars and New Tracks. I know its a "drag and drop" but I don't understand how to do it.

Could somebody please explain, in a very simple step-by-step method, how to load cars and skins into Assetto Corsa using Content Mananger?

Thank you in advance.
@Tbear You just drag the files (or the zip files, it'll unzip them for you) onto an INACTIVE part of any Content Manager window, ie a 'blank' part of a passive window (ie NOT in a dialogue box). You'll know when you've done it properly because a new window should open up that requires you to confirm what you want to do.
Important: for installing skins you have to ensure that the proper car for that skin is the one you have pre-selected in the preview pane.
Damn, it's hard to explain..! Hope that makes sense.

Hi,

This is an odd one.

Any third party app that I install and activate (tick) within CM (latest version) is not displayed in the list for me to select. I've tried the in car apps view but they are not showing there either.

I've tried deleting the Python.ini, (Documents/Assetto Corsa/ cfg) and the apps folder (Steam/steamapps/common/assettocorsa/apps), run a steam integrity check to recover the missing files and reinstalled one app at a time in case there's a culprit but still no joy.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Steve

In some of my cases, the .ini file was corrupted (ie. viewing it by opening in Notepad+), w/c is corrected by deleting it and reinstalling. One case though I haven't resolved was the Sidekick app w/c I never got to solve, but nonetheless is fine as I prefer StatsbarPlus.

This is a quick and dirty explanation.

1: (this is how I have CM setup personally. YOU DON"T HAVE TO DO THIS, I just find it easier this way)
If you uncheck what I have highlighted in red, any installs and/or downloads will show in the 'Downloads' section instead of the menu.

2: This is the 'Downloads' section. Find it up in the top right beside 'Content'

3:Left click on a downloaded file and drag it onto any unused space in the CM window and drop it. (IE no words, no images just empty space) This is what it looks like. Now you can just click install and everything should work fine. However, I personally always check the areas in blue so that if I decide to uninstall it's really easy to.

Note: you may need to create the "Mods" folder first. it's located here:
Code:
Installed Hard Drive:/somepathtoAC/assettocorsa\Mods

Mine looks like this:
Code:
E:\Games\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\Mods

There is a lot of nuance with the different ways you setup CM, the different way people package their compressed files, but this is a basic how to.

Hope this helps.

Hey thanks @Mascot and @BuntaF!!!

With the stuff you posted, I was able to figure out that I needed to open BOTH my download screen AND my Content Manager ... THEN grab the down loaded file (still zipped) from the Down Load page and drag it to the three horizontal lines in the upper right hand corner of Content Manager ... and just let the CM do its work. Cars, Tracks and Apps ... CM does it all!

This was the piece I was missing ... thanks again.

Hopefully my subject line was clear enough that this topic can be found in a search!

Last edited:
I had no idea content manager would do all this. trouble is ,I still get white cars in the race many times.

Last edited:
This no doubt belongs in the videos section however I don't have premium. I included several plugs for RD in the video for downloading mods and to sub to RD's YouTube which I hope helps ;)

This is a video I'd been thinking about for a while. Assetto Corsa Competizione is now out on early access on Steam and Assetto Corsa is of course still a very relevant title. Indeed the only similarity between them in a way is in the name I guess. This guide is intended for both new and existing players of Assetto Corsa and I hope some will find it useful :)

Hello, I was a lurker for some time, but now I'll have to ask for help.
I've just recently noticed that the d-pad pitstop strategy menu doesn't work on AC content manager, it works however if I start up the game using normal AC launcher. I have too many mods to list, but outside of cars and tracks I have Custom Shaders Patch, BLM car and track apps, GBW suite, a smoke mod and Stereo Specular Spectacular installed, aswell as AssettoByNight. I'll attach a log file incase it's needed.

Attachments

• log.txt
    70.7 KB · Views: 265
Where and how i could extract some server info with CM? For example i want to know the hotlaps of the users join my server with CM...is there a way? or you recoment me stracker?

Thanks!

Incredible..... you can still go into AC the 'normal' way, but CM is just brilliant even if you never launch a race from it.

The way the cars are stored and the info it displays is worthy of the money.
Add to that tools to sort some old mods, change car sounds etc etc....

I had AC on my xbox ONE and it was OK....since i switched to PC AC came alive more so than any other PC/Console game.....

I have about 400 Mod cars and heaps of tracks,.

One tip, the reason i have limited my mods cars is that the original AC won't launch the normal way if i have over 600 odd cars......
It is a blessing in disguise though as it means i have to be ruthless and only keep the very best and good mods...

Enjoy.

Incredible..... you can still go into AC the 'normal' way, but CM is just brilliant even if you never launch a race from it.

The way the cars are stored and the info it displays is worthy of the money.
Add to that tools to sort some old mods, change car sounds etc etc....

Agreed. CM is GREAT at installing mods (cars and tracks) . This alone makes it worth the price of admission for me.

CM is great, has extra settings, better menu layout, mod support. Only negatives for me are: can't create a custom championship, steam achievements.

I only use CM for the little extras the the default AC doesn't give , like adjusting SS and fixing any broken mods , i don't like trying to load up a race with Ai using CM so always just use default launcher .
Price of admission was $0.01 , lol , it accepted 1 cent as payment :speechless: had i known id use it like i do i would have paid $10 for it :whistling:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back