Confessions of an Achievements Hunter

So, according to what you just wrote, I am some kind of pervert, without dignity and decency, just because I like achievements and trophies, forcing his preferences over people?

Look, you very much pissed me off with this last comment, which is beyond stupid and very offensive. Anyway, I'll that slide, as everyone is entitled to his opinion. You let that vent, so be happy about it. Now I'd suggest you let it drop.

Note, I advise the same to everyone else who think about replying to this specific message. This has to be a constructive discussion. Calling names and free offensive behaviour will not be allowed.
I suppose you are not willing to discuss this matter any further regardless of the level of discussion, and what you just said actually translates into "stop responding or begone"? If you meant that, I can of course understand that. Furthermore, I'll refrain from commenting any further on this forum if it doesn't support freedom of speech. Still, I hope there is a misunderstanding on my part here and everyone is allowed to voice their opinion on the articles freely and you simply told me you are not happy with what I wrote above. Which, I can agree, might have sounded harsh, but you responded quite offensively yourself, pretty much calling me "beyond stupid" while completely ignoring my message here. Let's call it square and try to communicate as reasonable adults?

Furthermore, I'll refrain from commenting any further on this forum if it doesn't support freedom of speech.

What people many times do not understand, and seems to be the case this time too, is that freedom of speech, or freedom in general, doesn't mean that you are entitled to say or do whatever you want. Your freedom ends when it endangers others'. Everybody is free, not you alone. So act accordingly.

Let's call it square and try to communicate as reasonable adults?

This is what I am already doing. You are free to share your opinion on any subject, this included. However, offensive, not justifiable, behaviour, will not be tolerated, neither from you or anybody else. I won't say this again. Now, up to you.

Continue discussing about the thread's subject, this argument is over.

So, according to what you just wrote, I am some kind of pervert, without dignity and decency, just because I like achievements and trophies, forcing his preferences over people?

Look, you very much pissed me off with this last comment, which is beyond stupid and very offensive. Anyway, I'll that slide, as everyone is entitled to his opinion. You let that vent, so be happy about it. Now I'd suggest you let it drop.

Note, I advise the same to everyone else who think about replying to this specific message. This has to be a constructive discussion. Calling names and free offensive behaviour will not be allowed.

Yeah I'm not even responding to it, really awful attitude in it towards the end. :(

Yeah I'm not even responding to it, really awful attitude in it towards the end. :(
So, it's ok if the article offends me? I tried to laugh it off, hinting at that it was a bad idea to put an article like this on this site, but you felt like telling me I have no say in this. Look, if it wasn't for your actions, it wouldn't end up like this. Again, I guess I sounded harsh in the end, but that was because you tried to make the point of this article look like the absolute truth with no space for discussion.

I'd be fine with achievements if it was possible to make them disappear completely on my side. "Live and let live". Exactly! Let me live without having THAT thing being pushed onto me just because it's some new fashionable trend. It's normal for you, it's not normal for me. Why your opinion matters more than mine does?

Personally, I find achievements annoying, disgusting and setting a really bad example for the younger people. Yes, if you are a grown-up who feels like he has already achieved (realistically) everything there is to his life, I guess it's ok to waste time like that. But a young person could be swayed in a wrong direction by this surrogate. Why bother with real life priorities when you can have a game telling you you are doing a good job? They are wasting enough time in games as it is already.

If you find this "offensive" and "beyond stupid", then I really don't know how else should I have worded it while retaining the message. It just appears to me that you are not willing to accept the fact that other people (most likely the majority of them too) would not agree with your stance on the subject, so you'd rather undermine my point and call me all kinds of names to make it appear of questionable validity. And if that is not highly offensive in itself, I don't know what is.

And if you don't see why exactly I should be offended by this article, it's because it basically says it's not normal to have anything against achievements. The article itself came out of nowhere. If it was a response to some other article, I would understand it. But just a response to people on the Internet voicing their personal opinions? Well, the author could simply counter them in the respective threads. Was there a need for this here? Is this a sociological site? How exactly the article is relevant to racing itself?

Edit: If you think I should just ignore achievements and the people promoting them, then I have not a single idea why the said people did not ignore those of us who are not content with the achievements proliferation and decided to explicitly scorn us this publicly, all the while being in the winning situation anyway, since there appears to be no visible moves towards making achievements an option, let alone making them disappear entirely. You have your achievements already. Now you want to force all people to like the thing regardless of their own views on the matter?

Last edited:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 25 23.6%
  • More leagues

Votes: 22 20.8%
  • Prizes

Votes: 20 18.9%
  • Trophies

Votes: 10 9.4%
  • Forum trophies