Community Question | Your Favourite Type Of (Sim) Car

I like cars where I need my stick shifter. Usually bigger and heavier (unlike my women). I like sliding around the corners. (This all sounds like a hair metal song.)

Give me PCars2, the Group4 cars like the Ferrari Daytona or 963, in a field with 908s and other faster cars. Their Spirit of Le Mans DLC was so awesome. A time machine!

Cars (and tracks/roads/karts) I've driven for real that are recreated in games are by far my favourite. I enjoy recreating the same experience, seeing how closely the way the cars handle, the wheel feels and how realistic the lap times are. In VR we are getting some incredibly close experiences, albeit there will always be some differences. I also love it when a game makes a car feel so good that I have to find a way to try one for myself to see if it really is that good.

I'm not a great fan of driving open-wheel cars in reality, the teeth-rattling and back jarring ride are too much for me. I'm glad I tried a few single-seat experiences but that is one class of cars that can stay in games for me that way I can still walk ok after a few laps! I know I'm getting old. ;)

The fantasy element of driving a Prototype at Le Mans is great too, my one remaining car-based bucket list item is to take part in a 12/24 hour race! Other than that give me as realistic as an experience as possible and I'm happy lapping for hours.

Damn, after reducing to two choices I end up as an average RD visitor.
Hurts my exceptional self image to be average.

There must be something wrong with the poll.
It must be the lack of Rally and dirt, yes that’s it.

:sneaky:

If there was just an option there that said 911 then I wouldn't have had to think about my answers.

Also what's really the definition of "Hypercar". Is there power output level where a supercar (a missing option IMO) becomes a hypercar?

if I'm doing road cars then I typically drive stuff around the 500 - 600 BHP mark - too low to be a hypercar, but also to high to strictly be be a road car.

Although if the truth be told all hypercars and supercars are indeed road cars as long as they're road legal.

Reactions: pai
Vintage is the wrong term for the old F1 and touring cars I love; classics is better as they are old (70s-90s) but not back to the dawn of F1 pre-war.

Anything with high-power engines, low downforce, H-Shifter gearboxes, no ABS and no TC.
If there's turbo then it's a plus!

800px-Rétromobile_2018_-_McLaren_MP4-4_-_1988_-_002.jpg

Anything old with a stick shift and a clutch. And preferably with old fashioned tyre technology. Modern tyres are boring. I like the car to move about on the straights as well as in the corners! :p

With that in mind the Power and Glory mod for GTR2 is as good as it gets for me. Would to see a revival in interest for it. The best online races I ever did were with a good group of regulars on there, but sadly I turned away from sim racing and now "better" sims are popular.

Touring cars anything late 80s, 90s onwards. But then thats because i was first introduced to motorsport at thruxton btcc during the super touring era and have been BTCC mad on top of anything else ever since

Wow. I thought more people will like modern open wheelers.
I voted for those. F1 and indy, CART stuff. Love low power and vintage open wheeler also but...
Tbh I not such a huge fan of GT, road and prototype racing, I do it but not as much as open w.
If I have to pick one of non open w. then I would go for touring racing, not sure why.
Maybe cause I played TOCA before a lot. Maybe not.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.