Community Question | Your Favourite Type Of (Sim) Car

I run Race o7 its old school but RF2 has a bug and wont run. I use a F3000 car with 1993 roster and liveries. Big tires and lots of grip. Its old school like my Amiga 500 game Geof Cramonds F1 1992. Takes me back to a nostalgic time, when i fell in love with F1.

There's no class that I like: vintage prototype.
Those 60s to 80s 2000cc little beasties like Lotus 23b or Lola T492. They combine downforce/grip with liveliness and rawness. They are like scaled up gokarts.

I'm addicted to low power open wheelers like the rF2 USF2000, rF2/AMS2 Formula Vee, and both the Tatuus FA01 and Dallara F312 in AC. Fun to throw around, not too easy not too hard at the limit.

Any kind of touring cars from old to new. If open wheeler I also do prefer the older ones. Street Cars are fine, too.

Geez, to be honest I drive every mod I can get my hand on. But those are my preferences.

Modern open wheel for me, the sense of speed is immense and i feel like i really need to be on top of the car because it can bite.
Those P1-Hy were good 2, almost as fast and a bit more tolerant to driver abuse.

Ironically i go all the way to fast road car for my B choice, for a more relaxed drive around.

Modern GTs are one of my least favorite categories, a Mclaren F1 era (is that vintage now?) car is fine however.
GT4s are better than GT3/GTE with extra body roll and less downforce they feel more like road cars than half finished prototypes.

I'm surprised there's no love for stock cars here, even if you're not into oval racing they've got plenty to offer, muscling those things around a road course is wild. They've even got H shifters! (for now...)
After that, I'd go with Formula Truck, then classic sportscar racing, like 60s/70s Le Mans

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back