Community Question | Your Favourite Type Of (Sim) Car

For me it's everything Vintage for shure! I played GPL for a very long time, as it evolved through the Years. Later I moved on to Simbins GTL and Power and Glory. I stick to these Cars in Assetto Corsa, too!

Vintage open wheelers and Historic Touring cars. Mostly in rF2 on Thursday night, come join us.... I would have added Vintage GTs and low powered open wheelers but hey ho.

Modern GT cars leave me cold, I see the appeal in finding the limit through precision but sideways is more fun

Interesting to look at the results. Modern GT and Historic Touring Cars followed by Vintage GT. With ACC we have the Modern GT pretty well realised, it is time for the developers to take a look at the results and draw conclusions. Codemasters, how about a remake of Toca or Toca2? You've got the license, do a HD remake and go for it. Modern grafics, modern physics, all the cars, tracks and names. Bring it on!

I do not aspire to be a world champion in racing, but I do enjoy the art of car control on the edge and beyond. So for me there are Rally sims for winning but

Production Road Cars on street courses or open world stuff I could theoretically own and drive like a madman is the best. Unfortunately almost all open world games have silly arcade elements and most "sims" do not have good choices of cars and road courses.

So Assetto Corsa, the original + mods is the king :)

Maybe Test Drive Unlimited 3 will deliver? we can hope...

Old cars, both racing and street. Generally early to mid 1990's are the most modern cars I'll drive (Late 1980's for F1). Anything with a sequential or paddleshifter is a no go.

No stock cars?
As expected, euros can't turn left...
973fb400f4fb74aa5ed857a66ce7670a.jpeg

I'm "€uros" and I can turn left.
As a matter a fact I'm pretty much in love with indy car.
Or even better CART, as you can see from my avatar.
It's not only about stock car when it comes to left turns.

Well I chose Vintage GT and Historic Touring Car (older Group C prototypes was my 3rd choice). But is due to my simracing is 99% offline and the joy for me, interested in motorsports history, is to drive the old cars at the old and often now demolished tracks just like the heroes of the 20ies up to 60ies and early 70ies did. Just for the impressions and for adapting the history I've read in books and papers for the last decates, to my mind and body.

BUT if I did online racing more frequently, I think I'll stick with modern GT racing, speaking close competition like in ACC.

Yesterday I had a lot of fun driving the AC stock Ferrari 488 GT3 at 2016 Kyalami. The AI modelling of the track is quite good and at 97-100% AI I've had lot of fun, so think online version of this combo could be awesome (maybe i'll set up an AC server within the next weekends, sadfully my time for simracing is very limited these months). Could be cool with this car vs. track combo in online ACC.

However, IMHO it could be really fun to create online racing series of the rF1 F1 1991 HE mod at the old circuits with the cars just as 'perfect for breakdown' they are modelled. But think it would require simracers really willing to participate in a series with big performance and reliability differences between the teams. But hey, I'll take the Coloni Ford C4 anyway.

Last edited:
Hard to choose but at the end i voted for prototypes. I didn't think earlier i'd love proto cars but i've ended up spending many hours driving them especially lmp2 cars. They are agile, precise but can be really lively at the limit. Also, my favourite discipline is endurance racing. Passing by slower class cars makes me believe i am a fast guy - which i'm not.
At the other end of the spectrum, i love vintage touring cars, especially american muscle cars. I like the challenge they provide. You have to use different techniques to drive them effectively.
No stock cars (oval cars) and rally cars on the list. I love those too. Heck, i love anything, four wheels attached to it!

I love open wheel car and prototypes due to their quikness, and the vintage open wheel as well, because playing with the shifter is above everything. Drift cars would have been in my choices if they were listed.

Vintage all the way.
Voted for Vintage open wheel.
Vintage prototype (like Group C or IMSA GTP) is missing.
I'm with you mate! Vintage prototypes ........Group C and especially 60's 70's Can Am for me! They are bonkers to drive, and the onions those guys had to drive those beasts back then??!!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 340 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 230 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 229 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 174 8.0%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 293 13.4%