Community Question | Your Favourite Type Of (Sim) Car

I'm surprised there's no love for stock cars here, even if you're not into oval racing they've got plenty to offer, muscling those things around a road course is wild. They've even got H shifters! (for now...)
After that, I'd go with Formula Truck, then classic sportscar racing, like 60s/70s Le Mans
The biggest GTB car in AMS2 is amazing.

These days I enjoy AC mostly with road cars on tracks like Alto Tajo or the Los Angeles Canyons. I drive mostly old and vintage Euro stuff, although some modern cars and some race cars are cool to me. My favourite car to drive in AC, however, has three wheels :)

lO05auI.jpg

cmXjmMq.jpg

If it is with friends or a good server with no rammers even a Massey Ferguson would do. Otherwise I drive whatever quality mods or default, maybe more vintage than modern.

I have a difficulty understanding the difference between vintage and historic.

I have a difficulty understand the difference between touring and GT.

One vote can't go to three historic choices at once (historic open wheelers, gt and touring) so I chose historic touring.

And I would love to cast a vote for second best to road cars.

I have a difficulty understanding the difference between vintage and historic.

I have a difficulty understand the difference between touring and GT.
Touring usually refers to more common cars Honda Civics, Nissans, Seats and lower end Beemers.
GT is more supercar Porsche, Ferrari, Lambos... and higher end Audis and Beemers.

Historic and vintage i think are used interchangeably.

I personally prefer modern open-wheeled cars, simply because they tend to be modeled better for physics in simulation.
The modern GT cars are a close second.
The area most development houses seem to 'fall-down' in are old road cars.
The physics and braking capability are almost always very very bad.
The cars don't handle or stop very well...which is not indicative of any vintage car I have ever driven.

funny how so many people say they like old cars but no game ever concentrates on this, all we see is the latest f1 or gt3 cars. Even when a platform, say srs in AC are hosting a championship in something old it doessn't attract as many drivers as gt3 or F1 etc.

I didn't like Vintage F1 cars much when using monitors, but after switching to VR it changed completely. Feels like you really in there, can see the front suspension and even front wing right ahead of you. Lotus 49, 72d, Ferrari 312T are definitely the best machines to drive (in VR) for me. Driving and sliding is just great in these cars.

Interesting that my tastes are on par with everyone else’s! I went with modern GTs because GTR2 got me into sim racing and ACC is currently the best sim. Touring cars would be next, I went with historic ones but modern is good too. Ideally I’d go with BTCC cars from ten to twenty years ago.

I would remortgage my house for a touring car sim of the quality of ACC that spans the last 50 years through DLC packs though. Maybe thats where Kunos will go next?

Touring usually refers to more common cars Honda Civics, Nissans, Seats and lower end Beemers.
GT is more supercar Porsche, Ferrari, Lambos... and higher end Audis and Beemers.

Historic and vintage i think are used interchangeably.

Thanks a lot. I love them all. Brunettes, redheads, blondes, pale, dark or yellow. All cars are nice.

My choice is the vintage open-wheeler, but it needs to be anything <70
While my favorite car in appearance is the Lotus 72, it's way more fun driving a Ferrari 246 in Monza or drifting around in a Lotus 43

The best cars for me are the classic old cars, touring cars from the 80s and 90s, and 70s muscle cars.
Cars with H pattern gearbox, with manual shifter, because the manual shifter makes you feel more the
car and lets you be in control. Also because these cars are more alive, move around more and are not
so easy to drive as moderm GT or supercars which have too much aids and electronics.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 246 15.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 166 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 161 9.8%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 122 7.4%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 229 14.0%