Community Question | Best Racing Game of All Time?

I was never convinced the FFB or physics were quite right! I have asked Reiza to check the realfeel.ini file

racing.jpg

Gtr2. Great graphics that still "hold up" (relatively). Best handling and ffb of it's time. Fantastic content, plus modding. And best of all AI that still blows the doors off anything.
Interesting. I reloaded GTR2 and tried it again after not playing it for a long time. I deleated it and have RF2, but now I am thinking of loading it again.

I have being playing racegames for about 34 years now and until january 2020 I did not have a decent steeringwheel because of lack of space. I am just starting with simracing/driving so to say. (70 hours on Assetto Corsa)

Circuit sims, and overall best: AC, Just the pure joy of driving and the feel of it.

Arcade: Forza Horizon 1 , Multiplayer NFS most wanted 2005 (splitscreen) TDU 1 (Scale)

Retro/nostalgia bonus mentions: Stunts / NFS 1 SE.

Purely graphics/presentation: Driveclub

Best Bikegame: GP500 (Krome Studios Melbourne ) 1999

The question is too vague. I will instead focus on what is the most important sim in sim racing history. And to me the title goes ex-aequo to Revs from Geoff Crammond (1984), the first 3D racing sim, and to Indianapolis 500 from Dave Kaemmer's Papyrus (1989), the first convincing 3D racing sim with decent AI, car setup, analog steering (with the mouse), replay etc. These two guys laid the foundations for racing sims to come, and Kaemmer is still active with iRacing. After these, surely F1 GP from Crammond and GPL from Kaemmer. The one I love the most is AC, it has so much variety and it is not only a racing sim.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back