Community Question | Best Racing Game of All Time?

Started all with Accolade's Grand Prix Circuit for me.
I had so much fun with the Indy 500 game, all the Geoff Grammond F1 games, F1 Challenge 99-02 (and the group C mod), rFactor. The list is endless.

If forced to make a choice with a gun to my head: Grand Prix 4

I came late into Simracing, (2017) so my experience is limited, but... :

# Assetto Corsa is the most complete in the general aspect and still improving thanks to the modders (only 12thousand mods in RD and more in other webs? big lol). And it shows no syntoms about wanting to die, and some of his companions were or are being buried...

# In ffb and physics best ever still is RF2 , followed close by Automobilista 1 in that order.

# In the Rally Field.... Mr Richard Burns Keeps rocking, i f....g enjoy the ffb on my wheel, the best i have got in a rally sim, it has made me appreciate the rallies, and i did not like them initially i prefered circuit action!

# Best for each one? The one that keeps you returning and racing again and again, it doesnt matter if its considered more or less realistic , just the one that you enjoy most!

# Good memories? : Gran Turismo, those series that got me into "simracing", i was constantly hit on the servers, then i wanted some more realistic action with people that respected my car and my presence on the server .... i jumped for some months (2-3) to iracing and i did not get what i wanted, assetto the same, only with rf2 and ams i got some polite races in comunities, and i have to say that those were Racedepartment.com and Automobilista Unofficial, but on RD i had to pay to race what i am no fan of this (same reason why i left iracing) and in AMSU grids were fine but with no slow racers as me, and NOW i rarely jump to the online to compete , i know understand the offline simracers! AI usually respects you more and you have your way to be as fast than them (slowering their level!) and the pleasure of rallying alone and simracing some solo sessions.

Yeah, i am getting old and harsh!

Last edited:
rFactor because of how long it has survived as an incredible game, with a nodded roster of cars and tracks unrivalled by any game.

Forza Horizon 4 is also the best Sandbox/Open World racing game out there.

That said, here's a throwback for anyone who knows - Total Immersion Racing. Some great tracks, both real and fictional, with amazing graphics for the time. A great mixture of Touring, GT and Prototype cars with AI that changed their aggression to you depending on how you raced them. It was great fun and had an epic soundtrack too.

In my opinion grand prix legends and nascar 2003 changed the rules forever. Then rfactor and gtr2. But of course it is difficult to occult the quality of current titles. Simracing has without any doubt never been so good in all aspects.

The best title of all time will be the next one !

I'd go for AC because it got me into simracing and has come a long way since (all the mods and updates over the years), although it still lacks some features which I really enjoy in other games.
For example, I love AMS for its diversity and the implementation of different rules (speed trap for Formula Truck, formation lap with Safety Car ...). Beyond that, the AI in AMS, rF2 and R3E is superior to AC's AI in my opinion.
But what I really love in AC is to take a street car and just cruise along a long track with traffic.

• Deleted member 6919

Geoff Crammonds GP series, ground breaking in sim terms, as a choice would say GP 3/4 were the best.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.