AC Cold War Challenge, Thu 9th March 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

HF2000

Thou shall not pass!!!
Staff
Premium
1677880343611.png

Welcome to the RD Racing Club.

The terrible things that are now happening in the eastern part of Europe bring back memories of the Cold War era when we trained for WW3 with the Russian bear. The Ukrainians are now fighting the war that we could have fought, but fortunately it never came to that.

Tonight a race with an icon of the GDR that was under total influence of the USSR and part of the Warshaw Pact. The circuit is the Norisring in Nuernberg, a city well remembered for the horrors of the last world war.

I want to dedicate this race to all Ukrainians who are now fighting and surviving for our freedom and norms and values.

For every lap I complete in this race, I will donate one euro to aid for Ukraine. Please don't feel obligated to do that either.

1677880579840.png

SITUATIONAL AWARENESS is essential for clean and respectful driving in our community. You should therefore use tools like Helicorsa or CarRadar and CrewChief. The links for these apps are on the bottom of this post.

DISCORD. It's important that you also join us during the event on Discord for additional information and instructions. Link is below.

Go to https://acsm.racedepartment.com/championship/78b775de-7101-482a-bbe8-d48a9fab466f?server=0 using the Emperor account you have been given and register with your steamID.

If you don't have an Emperor account yet, ask for one by posting in this thread (only for premium members).

Server information:
  • Server: Racedepartment Server 1 Password: standard password, if you don't know that, ask for it in this thread and it will be send in a PM.
  • 20:00 CET, 19:00 BST (19:00 UTC) | 60 minutes - Official Practice
  • 21:05 CET, 20:05 BST (20:05 UTC) | 20 minutes - Qualification
  • 21:30 CET, 20:30 BST (20:30 UTC) | 60 minutes - Race

Event details:

Useful Links:

Entry list:

Last edited:
Excellent mod of a rubbish real car. Amazes me how people can find the passion to make this car for AC or in fact anyone who restores a real one.
However, I cannot fault the cause for this event and it will be worth every second of torture to support the people of Ukraine and it would be great to see many more drivers do the same. :thumbsup:

Excellent mod of a rubbish real car. Amazes me how people can find the passion to make this car for AC or in fact anyone who restores a real one.
However, I cannot fault the cause for this event and it will be worth every second of torture to support the people of Ukraine and it would be great to see many more drivers do the same. :thumbsup:
Well said Steve and Han, I’ll be joining and donating too.
The Norisring may not be everyone’s idea of a race track but because it is so simple I have had some good close racing here over the last four years, particularly in Raceroom DTM.
Those of you who don’t know it’s history in world events, check it out, those concrete structures are a chilling reminder of what a fragile world we live in.

Interesting idea :sick: dear Han.

I (really) like the idea behind it and thoroughly enjoyed our last Race for Ukraine.

This event on the other hand ticks all the boxes for me:

I loath Norisring from a very bad Skippy race last year.:mad:

The "Trabbi" is the bane of my formative years as a driver, what good is a BMW when a Trabbi stinks ahead of you with about 69km/h :O_o:

So I really wanted to not like this event and I´m mostly successfull with it.

On the other hand a short testrace with AI was oddly lethargic karthatic.

But I won´t do this with ten racers for an hour on end.

How about we do three races,

Qualify

reverse grid

grid in order of penis length äh belly circumfrence :redface:

MFG Carsten

Interesting idea :sick: dear Han.

I (really) like the idea behind it and thoroughly enjoyed our last Race for Ukraine.

This event on the other hand ticks all the boxes for me:

I loath Norisring from a very bad Skippy race last year.:mad:

The "Trabbi" is the bane of my formative years as a driver, what good is a BMW when a Trabbi stinks ahead of you with about 69km/h :O_o:

So I really wanted to not like this event and I´m mostly successfull with it.

On the other hand a short testrace with AI was oddly lethargic karthatic.

But I won´t do this with ten racers for an hour on end.

How about we do three races,

Qualify

reverse grid

grid in order of penis length äh belly circumfrence :redface:

MFG Carsten
I've chosen Norisring because it's short and the Trabant is slow so with a decent number of participants there can be a lot of action.
I agree with you that an hour with only 10 drivers will be tedious nonetheless.
So if the numbers don't go up, I will change the format to 2x25 with reverse grid.

Shouldn't we be keeping politics out out of RD?
Hi John,

I agree with you that we shouldn't do politics on RD.
It is not my intention to start a political discussion or to criticize certain forms of politics. In fact, I don't care what the politics are behind war: communism, fascism, democracy or anything else. I just think you shouldn't use violence as a means to get what you want.

It's just unbelievable how one man can cause so much suffering to so many, including his own people. Especially if there are clear examples in the past of where this will lead.
My country was occupied during the last world war and I have heard and read a lot about what that means for the people. In my years in the military, we only trained to defend NATO countries. We never trained to invade any country.

With the war going on for more than a year, I fear that indifference to it will grow in the Western world and support will decline. That could lead to a prolongation of the war and that would be very bad for the Ukrainian people and also for the Russian people.

So I use my position as an organizer to occasionally remind us that while we are having fun, millions of others are suffering in different ways without having a choice.

Last edited:
From the racing standpoint, a bit more interesting track might be the Neva Ring street circuit. It's short-ish at 2.5 km and rather simple too, but not that simple.

Idk how it is from the thematic standpoint: it's a Soviet track, though the chicanes were apparently added in '93. Closed in 2006.

Last edited:
From the racing standpoint, a bit more interesting track might be the Neva Ring street circuit. It's short-ish at 2.5 km and rather simple too, but not that simple.

Idk how it is from the thematic standpoint: it's a Soviet track, though the chicanes were apparently added in '93. Closed in 2006.
NEVA ring is in the (long) list for testing for suitability for my events, together with some other Russian tracks. I do it alphabetically on country and I'm now about to test countries starting with an "M".

Just now noticed that there's no GPK Sepang. I'll now be plagued with longing for it, until someone makes the mod—and then will promptly lose interest after driving in practice for half an hour.

By the way, call me when there's a race on the Shushari track. I'll find a way to slip something under the table for the one hour of premium.

Coincidentally, both Moscow Raceway and the oligarch-owned Igora are rather boring, at least in games—while the more ‘folksy’ Neva and Shushari feel pretty cool.

Last edited:
Hey, I don't think I have the actual password for the server, care to pm it to me?
EDIT
Nvm, I got it :roflmao:

EDIT#2:
Tried a few laps and have to say: great car/track combo, lots of time to think.
As an Eastern Europe citizen I expect a good handicap so we could have poetic finish?
IMG20230217121218.jpg

Yes, you can still spot those on polish roads

Last edited:
Hi Han;
Unfortunately, I won't be able to make that Cold War Challenge race due to work commitments. However, I would like to do my part to support our brothers and sisters in Ukraine against the Russian aggression (mostly Putin's aggression, I don't have anything against the Russian people) by matching your donation.

Just let me know where and how much to donate and I'll be happy to do it.
Kind regards,
D

Hi Han;
Unfortunately, I won't be able to make that Cold War Challenge race due to work commitments. However, I would like to do my part to support our brothers and sisters in Ukraine against the Russian aggression (mostly Putin's aggression, I don't have anything against the Russian people) by matching your donation.

Just let me know where and how much to donate and I'll be happy to do it.
Kind regards,
D
Hi Dominic,

It's great that you want to donate also. I'm not organizing something for that.
Every western country has an aid organisation for Ukrain as far as I know. So you you can donate whatever you want to some organisation in your country.

have to say i had more incidents with this brick today than yesterday with the mazda which is weird :'D . at the end i was lucky cause also the leader made some mistakes i think ,amazing pace first half Jason and congratz for p2 also congratz to Ernie for p3 . i was hoping for more players = more chaos due to the hard braking points :'D . ty Han for the event and if i can ask you a thing can u put not next week but the week after macau somewhere with mx5/abarth or with other cars . Tomasz dont worry about the contact but since we was in a corner was better to move away as fast as we can from that cause the train was arriving .

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 131 85.6%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 26 17.0%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 24 15.7%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 19 12.4%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 47 30.7%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 53 34.6%