AC Classic DTM @ Donington GP - Wednesday 3rd June 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
i'm in car tbd
Hi, please put me in with BMW, thanks!
You're both in chaps, welcome :)

Hi - can I please join? Would like to be in the Merc

Apologies also want to add - long time lurker but first time poster! I've been playing AC a long time but usually play iRacing for the last 10 years, but I've stopped enjoying that so looking to come over to organised league racing here in AC :)

I've signed up as a premium member and downloaded teamspeak, and will be on the practice server tonight after work, but hope I can be allowed to join you all tomorrow night!
You've got the last spot buddy, and a big welcome to the asylum RD club races:thumbsup: Just a polite reminder...., please read the first post re using your real name here on the forum, in TeamSpeak and on the server (if not you'll be kicked, and I hate doing that!). And if you haven't already, please read the rules, especially the Golden Rule - which is very important:) Sorry for the nag:p

You've got the last spot buddy, and a big welcome to the asylum RD club races:thumbsup: Just a polite reminder...., please read the first post re using your real name here on the forum, in TeamSpeak and on the server (if not you'll be kicked, and I hate doing that!). And if you haven't already, please read the rules, especially the Golden Rule - which is very important:) Sorry for the nag:p

Thanks! I was trying to change my forum username to my real name but cant seem to edit it? But I've signed up in teamspeak as Karn Saxena (Karan733) and use my real name in AC so is that ok, or can you help show me how to change my forum username please?

Thanks! I was trying to change my forum username to my real name but cant seem to edit it? But I've signed up in teamspeak as Karn Saxena (Karan733) and use my real name in AC so is that ok, or can you help show me how to change my forum username please?
No problem Karn, at top right of the forum page click on your forum avatar/name (Karan733), in the drop-down click on 'account details', then near the bottom of the page you'll see a field that says 'real name', fill that in then click 'save' at the foot of the page. Now you should see your real name under your forum name under your avatar :thumbsup: .

Got it, thanks John!

One more question sorry, do you know if its possible to select the livery to be used online in the server? I'm trying to select one of the default Kunos options (yellow Boon livery for the Merc) but when I tried to join the practice server it used another livery instead...?

Got it, thanks John!

One more question sorry, do you know if its possible to select the livery to be used online in the server? I'm trying to select one of the default Kunos options (yellow Boon livery for the Merc) but when I tried to join the practice server it used another livery instead...?
I don't have the knowledge (or time :p ) to allocate skins Karn, sorry about that. Indeed, I can only imagine the number of ways I'd f*** that up:redface:. My brain cell count should explain why:laugh:.....
Numskulls.jpg

Whoops, I may have left it too late for this one!
But sign me up as a reserve anyway please John. I might end up having to take pot luck with the cars, but at present I have no idea which one to go for anyway :D
(Usual question from me: ehhh, which one is fastest? :ninja::whistling:)

Bimmer, please
Thanks Han :)

Whoops, I may have left it too late for this one!
But sign me up as a reserve anyway please John. I might end up having to take pot luck with the cars, but at present I have no idea which one to go for anyway :D
(Usual question from me: ehhh, which one is fastest? :ninja::whistling:)
Hiya Neil - you're on reserves:) I'm befuddled 'cos the Alfa is usually at the front but no idea why so many Bee Emms are signed up:confused:... I only drive it 'cos it's fun. As for the Merc, never really tried it other than curiosity, it's Marmite to me, but has still been quick in the past.

i take the BMW
Thanks Hape, done:thumbsup:

I'm trying hard in the Alfa but I'm not very quick. However I've just realised that my damn pedals are spiking again so unless I get time tomorrow to dismantle the fuppers (yet again!! last time was only a few weeks ago) and spray some contact cleaner into the pots, I'll be having to pull out again :(

I tried the Alfa for a bit and I think with a good setup it probably is quicker than the BMW but with the default setup there's more understeer and the front end feels more vague so I'll stick with the Beemer for now.

A couple of questions regarding the race session, will it follow the same format as an offline AI race in that before each session you can pick tyre and fuel loads etc so you can have soft tyres say for qualifying then swap to a harder compound before going to the race grid? Also what's the secret of getting the car in gear before the lights go out in AC, I tried a couple of AI race starts yesterday and although I had the clutch dipped it didn't allow me to select first gear seemingly until the starting lights went out so I then had awful starts?

you have a couple of minutes to swap the setup whilst John is gently reading us the riot act. I usually save the race one and then just reduce the fuel a little for qualifying, so I can quickly load the race one again. I tend to stick with the same tyres for both though as I'm still regarding it as practice for the race (moving from P21 to P19 isn't really going to change a lot for me!)

I'm probably not the best to advise a great start, as I don't have a clutch. I also found it does not allow me to select first and do a jump start until the lights have gone out, so I simply apply the throttle when the lights are nearly full and then select first when they go out. This process usually gives me an ok'ish start, but I have heard the others mention that using a clutch is quicker with a bit of practice

Better stay away from me if I can make it to the race, it's not safe:)
I didn't see you go off, so I think you'll be fine :)

I'm sure someone else will mention this, but the quicker you can get rid of the driving line the faster you will probably improve. I don't use it (I think the depth perception in VR is superior to it), but if I did, I'd just use it to help me quickly find braking markers around the track and then once I'd remembered them switch it off. The problem for me is that if I am focusing on something like that line, I am not looking ahead properly and then everything becomes a scramble at the last second. https://driver61.com/uni/vision/

I tried the Alfa for a bit and I think with a good setup it probably is quicker than the BMW but with the default setup there's more understeer and the front end feels more vague so I'll stick with the Beemer for now.

A couple of questions regarding the race session, will it follow the same format as an offline AI race in that before each session you can pick tyre and fuel loads etc so you can have soft tyres say for qualifying then swap to a harder compound before going to the race grid? Also what's the secret of getting the car in gear before the lights go out in AC, I tried a couple of AI race starts yesterday and although I had the clutch dipped it didn't allow me to select first gear seemingly until the starting lights went out so I then had awful starts?
Hi Chris, answers as follows, I hope!

Yes, you can swap tyres and all other setup work between any sessions - for example quali to the race, where most will use a soft(er) tyre for quali and a harder one for the race.

Re the clutch, I don't have a shifter but do have a clutch - most events I can use the clutch to engage gear for the start. However, on some events that doesn't work, and is even as daft as.... you can't engage gear until the red lights come on for the start, which is a weird one! Once you're on the track you can use the clutch (so I've found) So, it's maybe a good idea to practice starts .... get the revs up and on the lights-out you're banging the clutch in and selecting 1st, letting the clutch out - it's not the best, but faster than bogging down in 1st.

I've looked for a way to alter this in the server settings but can't find anything :(

Edit: I should pay more attention, thanks for answering Scott! :laugh:

Just done a search of the forum and have possibly found the answer (I'm not at home to try it in an AI game)

This seems to suggest if the race has drive-through enabled as a jump start penalty the game will then allow you to select a gear on the grid before race start, does that sound right?

Just done a search of the forum and have possibly found the answer (I'm not at home to try it in an AI game)

This seems to suggest if the race has drive-through enabled as a jump start penalty the game will then allow you to select a gear on the grid before race start, does that sound right?
In that case we should be fine Chris, in the server settings I always change the jump start penalty to 'drive through' , which possibly (hopefully!) explains why my clutch is working on the practice server :)

Hi Chris, answers as follows, I hope!

Yes, you can swap tyres and all other setup work between any sessions - for example quali to the race, where most will use a soft(er) tyre for quali and a harder one for the race.

Re the clutch, I don't have a shifter but do have a clutch - most events I can use the clutch to engage gear for the start. However, on some events that doesn't work, and is even as daft as.... you can't engage gear until the red lights come on for the start, which is a weird one! Once you're on the track you can use the clutch (so I've found) So, it's maybe a good idea to practice starts .... get the revs up and on the lights-out you're banging the clutch in and selecting 1st, letting the clutch out - it's not the best, but faster than bogging down in 1st.

I've looked for a way to alter this in the server settings but can't find anything :(

Edit: I should pay more attention, thanks for answering Scott! :laugh:
This went wrong for me in the monday race. On the practice server I could use the clutch as you described but on the race server the settings were different and I had a false start including drive through penalty:roflmao:.

This went wrong for me in the monday race. On the practice server I could use the clutch as you described but on the race server the settings were different and I had a false start including drive through penalty:roflmao:.

I had a look through the replays of Monday's races, man that race 2 start and first lap were so bad. The jump start issue was only the beginning. Hopefully there will be no similar dissaster at turn 1 in Donnington.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 16 24.6%
  • More leagues

Votes: 15 23.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 11 16.9%
  • Trophies

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 5 7.7%