AC Classic DTM @ Donington GP - Wednesday 3rd June 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Am I able to put myself down to join you for my first ever AC race subject to my replacement GPU turning up which is due on Monday as I'm currently rig-less? Happy to wait until Monday if not but if that's OK I'm probably best off starting with the BMW so I've got a benchmark of as many people as possible.

I only built a gaming PC and got back into sim driving a few weeks ago (dusted of the 10+ year old G25 and Wheelstand Pro that I last used for GT5 on PS3 years back) and don't think I've driven Donington on a computer since TOCA2 over 20 years ago so not expecting anything other than sweeping up at the back but I have driven there on a couple of trackdays in real life so should at least remember where to point the wheel.

Last edited:
Am I able to put myself down to join you for my first ever AC race subject to my replacement GPU turning up which is due on Monday as I'm currently rig-less? Happy to wait until Monday if not but if that's OK I'm probably best off starting with the BMW so I've got a benchmark of as many people as possible.

I only built a gaming PC and got back into sim driving a few weeks ago (dusted of the 10+ year old G25 and Wheelstand Pro that I last used for GT5 on PS3 years back) and don't think I've driven Donington on a computer since TOCA2 over 20 years ago so not expecting anything other than sweeping up at the back but I have driven there on a couple of trackdays in real life so should at least remember where to point the wheel.
Big welcome to you Chris :) Have put you down for the Bimmer.

Good luck with the GPU - and when you've time have a look at the first post to get up to speed with the fiddly bits aka RD rules, Real Name in Teamspeak and the server etc - if you need a hand just post here, there's plenty of helpful people here:thumbsup:

Sorry to bleat like a sheep Baaaaaa

Noticed no TC with this Donnington GP setup, wonder why the Mercedes was so slow, for me, I'm sure not just me.

Cannot get the power down with the Mercedes. :(

Will be happy to jump back with the Merc with TC. :)

Sorry to bleat like a sheep Baaaaaa

Noticed no TC with this Donnington GP setup, wonder why the Mercedes was so slow, for me, I'm sure not just me.

Cannot get the power down with the Mercedes. :(

Will be happy to jump back with the Merc with TC. :)
Bleat no more old chum - server now has TC, give it a try and if you want to swap back just shout:thumbsup:

...and in hindsight we've a few new peeps that might find it helpful if they want to turn it on in setup screen. I could have sworn it was available for these cars... but my memory; old, gone, fuddled, etc:laugh:

Big welcome to you Chris :) Have put you down for the Bimmer.

Good luck with the GPU - and when you've time have a look at the first post to get up to speed with the fiddly bits aka RD rules, Real Name in Teamspeak and the server etc - if you need a hand just post here, there's plenty of helpful people here:thumbsup:

Many thanks will do, looking forward to it!

Not going to get a massive amount of practice again, so I was wondering if anyone has a link to a suitable track guide to help me get up to speed a little quicker? I checked raceoptimal but the onboard is of the alternative layout with the radical. Track is fairly local to me, so it will be nice to take part in a race there!

Not going to get a massive amount of practice again, so I was wondering if anyone has a link to a suitable track guide to help me get up to speed a little quicker? I checked raceoptimal but the onboard is of the alternative layout with the radical. Track is fairly local to me, so it will be nice to take part in a race there!

Hi Scott,
Imo this is a reasonable guide (below), 'cept for Coppice - this is coming onto the fastest part of this GP layout, so exit speed is crucial - he seems to let it run wide into 'the wall of death'. Many instructors will suggest picking up a second apex-ish, which is about 3 feet away from the 2nd apex kerb... if that makes sense! ...at least that's what they told us on track days:p

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.