AC Classic DTM @ Donington GP - Wednesday 3rd June 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I didn't see you go off, so I think you'll be fine :)

I'm sure someone else will mention this, but the quicker you can get rid of the driving line the faster you will probably improve. I don't use it (I think the depth perception in VR is superior to it), but if I did, I'd just use it to help me quickly find braking markers around the track and then once I'd remembered them switch it off. The problem for me is that if I am focusing on something like that line, I am not looking ahead properly and then everything becomes a scramble at the last second. https://driver61.com/uni/vision/

I agree about removing racing line but for now I’m keeping it to make things safer for everyone. With more practice on track I think I can remove it. I hope:)

It is of course your choice :). Did you take a look at the driver61 video though? If not, I'd recommend reviewing that and see if it makes you re-evaluate it's usefulness

Hello old chum! :) You're in the reserves Rasmus:thumbsup:
@Medilloni John, now your CPU troubles are over, do you use RHM again? In the last two races I used your settings and only adjusted the Look L/R forward to 20. It works fine for me although Melbourne and Goddards are still blind turns with this setting.

guys do you use Teamspeak to chat during the event?

I signed up to the RD server but could not hear anyone speaking and not sure if anyone could hear me...not sure if I'm doing something wrong or misunderstood the use of teamspeak

guys do you use Teamspeak to chat during the event?

I signed up to the RD server but could not hear anyone speaking and not sure if anyone could hear me...not sure if I'm doing something wrong or misunderstood the use of teamspeak
Did you click on the Assetto Corsa channel?

Did you click on the Assetto Corsa channel?

I spent most of my time in the RaceDepartment channel, I did switch to AC channel for a few mins before I logged off but probably noone said anything in the few mins I was there :) I will hang out in AC channel for today's race if thats the right place?

I spent most of my time in the RaceDepartment channel, I did switch to AC channel for a few mins before I logged off but probably noone said anything in the few mins I was there :) I will hang out in AC channel for today's race if thats the right place?
Yep, join the Assetto Corsa channel for tonight Karn, you'll hear peeps then :)

@Medilloni John, now your CPU troubles are over, do you use RHM again? In the last two races I used your settings and only adjusted the Look L/R forward to 20. It works fine for me although Melbourne and Goddards are still blind turns with this setting.
I don't use it anymore Han, terrified of risking a fps of 19 again - my AC config is virtually nekid:laugh: I do miss it though, made a big difference.

I don't use it anymore Han, terrified of risking a fps of 19 again - my AC config is virtually nekid:laugh: I do miss it though, made a big difference.
Feel free to use it. Shouldn't tank more than 0-4 fps. I never noticed a difference and use it. Although I only use the anti-shaking/stabilise settings.

Why I don't use any camera movement settings:
Although it's awesome to see the exit of the Karussell at the Nordschleife for example, a panning camera will kill the ability of your eyes to notice slip angles. You still see them somehow but with a locked camera you instantly notice when your steering and the trajectory path of your car don't align anymore.

Same for head tracking, sadly.

VR is different because there you see the whole stuff a lot differently and your brain gets more information about trajectory and steering.

I logged in and out a couple of times too (I think I saw you in the main lobby briefly) but not seen anyone in the AC channel when I looked, I'm guessing not many people use it during practice?

Might be delayed again @Medilloni, sorry. If I'm not on by the time qualifying starts and there is someone waiting patiently in the wings, can you let them take my place please so they can at least have a decent stab at it?

@Aksu, I just heard back from Guinness World Records about my submission:

43vtds.jpg

I lost count of the times I burst out laughing in that race :) Even when getting punted off...

My apologies @Denis Betty for the dive bomb - I just looked at the replay and I wasn't actually trying to overtake you, but Ernie! I was intending to brake earlier, but I totally lost the reference point

Thanks for picking this combo @Medilloni - really was the highlight of my day

EDIT: has anyone got a replay of the first race they can share? I got hit from behind on T1 and I wanted to check if they waited

thanks guys enjoyed racing with you tonight. Had a silly spin at the 2nd hairpin when John was chasing me down in race 2 but ultimately finished where I probably should have both races. Need to figure out how to keep the tires alive for the whole race - reds all round at the end!

Is the Merc +10kg BOP in place for all races? I might switch to Alfa or Bimmer for the next race to give those a try

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • More leagues

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Prizes

• Trophies

• Forum trophies

Votes: 0 0.0%