Featured Check Out The Latest Assetto Corsa Competizione Zolder Previews

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa Competizione' started by Paul Jeffrey, Jan 11, 2019 at 23:16.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +18,575
    ACC Release 5 real vs virtual 7.jpg
    The latest preview images of the upcoming Zolder Circuit for Assetto Corsa Competizione showcase stunning attention to detail.

Assetto Corsa Competizione is due the update treatment next week, and with it comes a laserscanned version of the Belgian Zolder Circuit - arguably one of the most historically significant permanent racing venues in the region, and a classic drivers favourite across numerous disciplines of racing categories throughout the world.

Set to make a first appearance in the Assetto Corsa franchise as official first party content, the new virtual Zolder Circuit will of course benefit from laserscan technology, joining the already released and highly detailed versions of the Nürburgring, Misano, Paul Ricard and Hungaroring currently available at 'release 4' stage of the Assetto Corsa Competizione development lifecycle.

With patch day anticipation building amongst the community, Kunos Simulazioni have taken to social media to post some very interesting comparison shots of the simulation vs real world location - images that really do showcase the incredible attention to detail Kunos have lavished on this exceptional racing venue.

ACC Release 5 real vs virtual 1.jpg ACC Release 5 real vs virtual 2.jpg ACC Release 5 real vs virtual 3.jpg ACC Release 5 real vs virtual 4.jpg ACC Release 5 real vs virtual 5.jpg ACC Release 5 real vs virtual 6.jpg

Also set to land as part of 'Release 5' will be the epic Emil Frey Jaguar G3, the new car making an appearance in the title alongside Zolder and various enhancements to the online multiplayer and driver rating system. Release date for build 5 is expected to be on January 16th 2019.

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available on Steam Early Access now. Currently at build release 4 status.

To keep abreast of all the latest news and discussions from the world of Assetto Corsa Competizione then don't forget to check out our very own ACC sub forum here at RaceDepartment.

Like what we do here at RD? Follow us on Social Media!

Instagram
    Youtube
    Twitch

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019 at 23:24
    • Love Love x 36
    • Like Like x 15
    • Beer Beer x 2
  2. newbert

newbert

Ratings:
    +16
    Looks great!

Now if they could only get VR working properly for WMR headsets!

• Agree Agree x 13
    • Like Like x 2
    • Beer Beer x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. dreamer al

dreamer al

Ratings:
    +160
    Looking forward to both Zolder track and (really looking forward to) Emil Frey Jaguar G3. I am counting down the days!!! :D;)

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Beer Beer x 1
  4. yetisaj

yetisaj

Ratings:
    +20
    Yep, I'm now waiting on that too. I'm sure it will come in time.

• Beer Beer x 2
  5. Neils on Wheels

Neils on Wheels
    Premium

Ratings:
    +79
    I gave it another try last week. Managed to get rid of the buggy hud somehow & then ran it @ 1.9Xpixel density & full AA. Something odd with the colours in this game, I'm not sure how to describe it other than it looks stark & over contrasty, like in the wet every thing is so white & reflected, when it's cloudy everything is too blue. The lighting doesn't feel natural to me in VR. Hopefully when they get the weather transitions working it will look more convincing.
    Screen shots look great though.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Beer Beer x 1
  6. michelforest

michelforest

Ratings:
    +83
    I have to say, the accuracy of these images is amazing. It's impossible to tell the real and the virtual images apart. Obviously, you probably need a PC with a I7-9800 10,5 GHZ, 128 Gb of RAM and a GTX-7800 64Gb card to run these graphics...:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

More seriously, I'm getting my brand-new PC next week. I can't wait to run ACC on it. Even with the graphics turned down a little, this is still an excellent game so far.

I'm glad that Zolder is the next track. I really love to drive on that circuit, even if in my mind, it will always the place where my hero Gilles Villeneuve lost his life.

• Like Like x 5
  7. Wedge

Wedge

Ratings:
    +173
    This update will be interesting. Along with Zolder, we'll be getting the Jaguar and multiplayer enhanced - whatever that means.

• Like Like x 4
    • Haha Haha x 1
  8. Denis Betty

Denis Betty
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +1,579
    I'm gonna be forced to fire this game up for the 6th or 8th (I don't recall exactly) time now. :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. whip

whip

Ratings:
    +133
    it looks amazing

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. Leynad777

Leynad777
    Premium

Ratings:
    +123
    I lost my hope for improvements and abandoned already AC for this lazy unreadable UI. Seems they never played in VR once and I'm done with this Strg+space-BS:thumbsdown:

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Haha Haha x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. protonv5

protonv5

Ratings:
    +168
    All I need now is an $850 RTX 2080 to make it look like that

• Haha Haha x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Leynad777

Leynad777
    Premium

Ratings:
    +123
    I have one and still 30-45 fps in VR while looking bad;) Looks better on my 4k-display, but unplayable with this lag.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Greg Latty

Greg Latty

Ratings:
    +283
    this

• Like Like x 1
  14. slingshot64

slingshot64

Ratings:
    +133
    Great work , very realistic looking textures.

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. schlitty

schlitty

Ratings:
    +107
    Count me among the folks waiting for some VR love and optimization too. Sticking to their roadmap has been damn impressive and appreciated, but there's some stuff that needs some attention outside of that.

• Agree Agree x 5
  16. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur

Ratings:
    +518
    Those shots look stunning, but to me they are not relevant as to me ACC is a racing simulator, not a static picture display simulator. We know that while driving, this game does not look at all like those still pictures, not to me anyway, not even close!
    So, even though they are a great achievement in themselves, they are irrelevant to my racing simulation experience. I am in for the driving and how it looks when I drive, not standing on the side of the track, I have real life picture for that.
    That said, I am enjoying ACC so far, in VR, with all the imperfections, so I am looking forward to the pleasure to drive that Jaguar around Zolder, hoping the online will reach a reasonably useable stage, to maybe spend some pleasant racing time with other ACC enthousiast.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  17. Jason Mullin

Jason Mullin
    Premium

Ratings:
    +249
    ACC, the real screen shot simulator.

The physics and ffb feel great, Stefano is doing his job well. The graphics department has some optimization and catching up to do.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 3
    • Haha Haha x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  18. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN

Ratings:
    +391
    Looks very real. Optimization.. if it can be improved, ACC will be a killer

• Agree Agree x 9
  19. jven

jven
    Premium

Ratings:
    +24
    Gotta give so much credit to Kunos :thumbsup: for sticking really close to the schedule and getting this stuff out.

Everything has issues when it goes from in-house to global scale, and this Early Access is a great lead in at a super price. I'm starting to play ACC more now that the content is starting to amount to something and looking forward to 0.5.

Frame rates will pick up at the end, I'm sure, as I wouldn't expect them to put much effort into optimization until they get the worst bugs worked out.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. mclarenf1papa

mclarenf1papa

Ratings:
    +1,547
    (Also Stefano)

• Like Like x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.