Check Out The Latest Assetto Corsa Competizione Zolder Previews

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ACC Release 5 real vs virtual 7.jpg

The latest preview images of the upcoming Zolder Circuit for Assetto Corsa Competizione showcase stunning attention to detail.

Assetto Corsa Competizione is due the update treatment next week, and with it comes a laserscanned version of the Belgian Zolder Circuit - arguably one of the most historically significant permanent racing venues in the region, and a classic drivers favourite across numerous disciplines of racing categories throughout the world.

Set to make a first appearance in the Assetto Corsa franchise as official first party content, the new virtual Zolder Circuit will of course benefit from laserscan technology, joining the already released and highly detailed versions of the Nürburgring, Misano, Paul Ricard and Hungaroring currently available at 'release 4' stage of the Assetto Corsa Competizione development lifecycle.

With patch day anticipation building amongst the community, Kunos Simulazioni have taken to social media to post some very interesting comparison shots of the simulation vs real world location - images that really do showcase the incredible attention to detail Kunos have lavished on this exceptional racing venue.

ACC Release 5 real vs virtual 1.jpg
ACC Release 5 real vs virtual 2.jpg
ACC Release 5 real vs virtual 3.jpg
ACC Release 5 real vs virtual 4.jpg
ACC Release 5 real vs virtual 5.jpg
ACC Release 5 real vs virtual 6.jpg

Also set to land as part of 'Release 5' will be the epic Emil Frey Jaguar G3, the new car making an appearance in the title alongside Zolder and various enhancements to the online multiplayer and driver rating system. Release date for build 5 is expected to be on January 16th 2019.

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available on Steam Early Access now. Currently at build release 4 status.

To keep abreast of all the latest news and discussions from the world of Assetto Corsa Competizione then don't forget to check out our very own ACC sub forum here at RaceDepartment.

Like what we do here at RD? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
Just tried it with a gamepad and have the same issue. Weird.
It works on every other game I have, there is no issues with the controller,
works everything in the UI and ingame views and stuff like I mentioned,
but making the car move anywhere is impossible,
anyone else accept Kunos would have simply asked for a refund through steam on day 1,
ill just sit patiently and hope 1 day I can do maybe 1 lap.

I am really, really looking forward to Zolder - it is an amazing knife-fight-in-a-phone-booth-track and I love fighting for position on that track!

I am not using ACC at all apart from the occasional look-see as currently there is no proper triple screen support and I found about the only cockpit to kind of live with in terms of visibility that suits the current single screen projection is the BMW M6.

I look forward to Zolder and am curious what other optimizations Kunos can serve with this build.

I wonder if they will finally add options to calibrate and fully adjust steering wheel and pedals. Competizione is a big downgrade from AC in that regard, which is really strange.

Zolder is looking really nice, and the Jaguar should be something different from more common GT3s. Hopefully the patch has lots of fixes and improvements too

Works with the keyboard anyways so did 3 laps,
still some time to find in some corners I think I can improve on with a better setup. :roflmao:

not quite sure what everyone is talking about,
ingame to me the graphics look insane with 0 issues with quality or flickering,

but not sure who decided this rain was realistic its like snow and even snow dont look like that,
for example if now the rain drops are set to 70% transparent make them 10% at best,
it should be visible but almost still clear inside the streaks, its just almost pure white streaks looks very bad to me personally anyways, far from realistic the raindrops,
but apart from that and the floor shadows looks mind blowing very impressive. :)

https://ibb.co/16w7xv5

Like for example here,
I looked online at over 30+ pics and was like I imagined the tyres and I know Gergo will be like oh man tyres again bla bla, but who cares,

so basically you can check any pics you want online, and youll never see the reflection of the water 100% around the surfaces of the tyres makes them look really fake and un realistic,
its the same issues with most the games in the wet,

they just plaster Fresnel through the roof and hope for the best, the issues with fresnel its almost impossible to hide,
but look here at real footage,
8dc9a663f3bfbd8ebc924ccdfba5cd62.jpg

e4e5f9dc262a15cd08dd9d85c711fd75.jpg

then compare it to this,
a89eb36c97e9ea76b8c08692d446d876.png

5b7e5099f44795f886f39c3243fe2bb2.png

then compare pcars,
17df18abb32ca5b0543db42eab17e16d.jpg

project-cars-rain.jpg

f3885982f0aec33917dcd555a851cdc1.jpg

project-cars-2-weather-timelapse-clearrainthunderstormclear.jpg

you cant simply plaster fresnel like that on tyres and expect it to look realistic, 1st thing what will happen is the shadows will vanish, the tyres appear to be like glass, and the realism in seconds will have vanished,

either way the rain is far from realistic, add the tyre shaders and the ground shadow bugs,
a lot of updates to be done there in that department. but good progress so far. :)

..To be honest, I recently enjoy RaceRoom more than ACC because of the FFB and physics. I really hope ACC gets much closer to AC on release..

...I wonder if they will finally add options to calibrate and fully adjust steering wheel and pedals. Competizione is a big downgrade from AC in that regard, which is really strange..
Guys, I must not be playing the same game you're playing. After adjusting the wheel settings (T500RS, i raised up the new "dynamic damping" settings) , and lowering the caster angle in car setup the wheel and FFB feels so good. I have been playing AC for 2600 hours and ACC just for 36 but now I don't want to go back to AC because ACC is just on another level. The car has better weight, inertia, in my opinion is miles ahead of AC. And the graphics are really nice, i am on an old i5-2400 and GTX 1060 6G on a 21:9 display and I have most settings at high + motion blur, I am actually impressed that i can get this kind of performance. AC just feels old and primitive in comparison (even with all the add-ons, I have everything). I understand that VR and multiplayer are still not there but development for ACC has started like 1 and a half year ago so they are already at a good level.

acc-release-5-real-vs-virtual-7-jpg.285785

No way, that's a real life shot, there's my good friend on the right there. How could else he being there if this is "in game" shot. =P
But like some said earlier, although eye candies are great to drool over, they won't give you a driving sensation. Let's see what ACC will look more down the road. So far I like it, and they being totally honest to their customers.

I'm glad that Zolder is the next track. I really love to drive on that circuit, even if in my mind, it will always the place where my hero Gilles Villeneuve lost his life.
+1 #GillesNoFear

Laser scanned Zolder....NICE! I've selfishly been thankful for Kunos doing this series just for this track alone lol. I agree with others who believe ACC is another level in regards to simulating GT3, and I apologize for not being more involved with the Beta, but I fully expect Kunos to do the game justice and can't wait for the full release along with expansions in the future.

I like photorealism. One does massively better. GT Sport which is console only does look far more realistic. Don't know if it's budget related or purely skill... I suppose it's a sim racing thing.
I agree GT Sport probably as the best graphics on the planet, cant quite put my finger on it,
David was showing me some videos and screens a while back, its another world looking at what they are making compared to the competition,
personally I like a mixture of things,
1/graphics
2/audio
3/mods
4/physics

any content I play needs to have these 4 things, take away 1 and its a no go,
currently Reiza make the best physics, AC had potential but NKPro for me was far better to drive,
currently the best game offering these 4 things is AC, maybe when Kunos make a AC2 if they ever do who knows,
might be 1 year might be 4 years but AC will still be the crowd favorite and the number 1 played game,
because it wont be ACC only for the minor majority of people who actually like GT3 cars in particular,
and again its not really my cup of tea but that BMW I drive earlier with the keyboard sounds mind blowing. :)

the entire community loves AC, look at the 20000+ mods online and even almost 10000 here alone on RD, its the crowds favorite its going nowhere fast.

I gave it another try last week. Managed to get rid of the buggy hud somehow & then ran it @ 1.9Xpixel density & full AA. Something odd with the colours in this game, I'm not sure how to describe it other than it looks stark & over contrasty, like in the wet every thing is so white & reflected, when it's cloudy everything is too blue. The lighting doesn't feel natural to me in VR. Hopefully when they get the weather transitions working it will look more convincing.
Screen shots look great though.
Put 'post processing' on mid or low in the visual options of ACC to get rid of the over contrasty/ dark atmosphere. I recently discovered this myself as it was also bothering me. I have it on Mid now as Low makes it maybe a tad too bright during bad weather.

Also if you do not have 'effects' on high or epic the textures of the surroundings look crappy. Especially noticeable on the Hungaroring, park your car with a view on one of those grassy hills in the distance and play around with the effect setting, you'll see what I mean.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back