Check Out The Latest Assetto Corsa Competizione Zolder Previews

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ACC Release 5 real vs virtual 7.jpg

The latest preview images of the upcoming Zolder Circuit for Assetto Corsa Competizione showcase stunning attention to detail.

Assetto Corsa Competizione is due the update treatment next week, and with it comes a laserscanned version of the Belgian Zolder Circuit - arguably one of the most historically significant permanent racing venues in the region, and a classic drivers favourite across numerous disciplines of racing categories throughout the world.

Set to make a first appearance in the Assetto Corsa franchise as official first party content, the new virtual Zolder Circuit will of course benefit from laserscan technology, joining the already released and highly detailed versions of the Nürburgring, Misano, Paul Ricard and Hungaroring currently available at 'release 4' stage of the Assetto Corsa Competizione development lifecycle.

With patch day anticipation building amongst the community, Kunos Simulazioni have taken to social media to post some very interesting comparison shots of the simulation vs real world location - images that really do showcase the incredible attention to detail Kunos have lavished on this exceptional racing venue.

ACC Release 5 real vs virtual 1.jpg
ACC Release 5 real vs virtual 2.jpg
ACC Release 5 real vs virtual 3.jpg
ACC Release 5 real vs virtual 4.jpg
ACC Release 5 real vs virtual 5.jpg
ACC Release 5 real vs virtual 6.jpg

Also set to land as part of 'Release 5' will be the epic Emil Frey Jaguar G3, the new car making an appearance in the title alongside Zolder and various enhancements to the online multiplayer and driver rating system. Release date for build 5 is expected to be on January 16th 2019.

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available on Steam Early Access now. Currently at build release 4 status.

To keep abreast of all the latest news and discussions from the world of Assetto Corsa Competizione then don't forget to check out our very own ACC sub forum here at RaceDepartment.

Like what we do here at RD? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
Looking forward to the update but cannot get excited about any version of Zolder.

Never really enjoyed the Belgian GP F1 races at Zolder,then my favourite driver Gilles Villeneuve was killed in qualifying at Zolder when he hit Jochen Mass.My Father raced there a few years later (he disliked the track) & the place is just souless.A series of straights,chicanes & slow corners connected & surrounded by walls & high fences.I think they would have made some changes over the years but the track is hemmed in by a canal,roads & houses.

I purchased Ac & ACC both the very first day of early access release. Played a lot with AC, then switched to PCars 2. Now I am constantly playing ACC and I like very much the sense of beeing always on the edge when trying to make a hot lap.
But I am sorry to say in game graphics is not as good, even with a quite powerful cpu/gpu. So I ask Devs to work hard regarding in game (not static) photorealism. We need also a wider range of graphic options and a wider range of in cockpit/dash/helmet view adjiustability. for example we need possibility to alter the amount of shaking, because someone can suffer while driving.
Thank you Kunos !

• Deleted member 241736

Wow the ingame footage looks more impressive than the real pics, insane work going on here, awesome job guys... :D
u know ingame shots with that quality are easy to take. Accompanied with AA lines and flickering while racing, ACC will look „normal“ as every sim

u know ingame shots with that quality are easy to take. Accompanied with AA lines and flickering while racing, ACC will look „normal“ as every sim
Not 100% sure what is happening ingame,
I tried it with my xbox controller day of release and there was no profiles setup or was bugged was that long ago cant remember, maybe worth firing it up and again and seeing what the crack is with it,

I read a lot of complaints about graphical issues, over the last months since release,
my motto as always been if you want a fast car buy a ferrari, if you want nice food dont go to mcdonalds and if you want insane graphics then throw 5k at a system and see what the results are,
so even if the graphics looked **** to me and I was running a 970 or something I would just keep silent,

my pc is just a laptop rog with a 1070-8gb and 64gb memory with a i7,
ill go fire it up again now and see where we are with it, not sure why everyone complaining though,

I have a 2080 and getting 30-40fps, you know how to fix that my friends buy another 2080 and get 80fps...

d8cc96f7fb3a41d4ba76cb8c95f216b7.png

I no clue what is happening here,
again set my xbox controller settings,
everything works just fine ingame,
the control pad is working, looks left looks right, changes view ect ect,
but zero throttle or brake or gears nothing at all, same thing happened day of release the car just wont move, most likely because of my stupidity, either way I no time for this stuff.
24c7e80d24578fa121dd97ac4f5e274b.jpg

Well ill leave it, I mean the 1st thing to do when making a game is add xbox control support while making the build then wheels secondly I imagine,
either way everything works on my pad, menu/ui ingame movements just cant make the car move at all.
9d4534cff879f72870d1df0333054fd1.jpg

can someone please give me my 50 minutes of my life I wasted trying to move 1mm ?
b33a3ee292057c69a04208fd3834de3e.png

GTX 1080TI TAKES THE P"£!S OUT OF THE RTX 2080 had the rtx2080 for near on a month, rubbish so got refunded .
gtx1080 ti wins over the RTX2080 IN PRICE AND PERFORMANCE
Looks insane ingame on my pc, really does look marvelous just cant drive the car,
but looks impressive either way,
I see the fonts flickering really bad allover the place dont look nice to the eye, but everything else looks marvelous, these fonts not realistic at all they want pixelation applying, so they look inside the display glass, not pure white fonts floating about like no ones business.

I saw a video of russian guy talking about slick tyres in real life and in ACC. He said he has driven Porsche Cayman GT4 with semi-slicks on Red Bull Ring, and rubber is completely different than Ferrari 488 in ACC. ACC rubber (even warm) lets you slide around and drift, but real slicks even make the wheel bounce on a lateral slides... If you understand Russian, he talks about it somewhere after 7:00

He also compared the ACC with AC and said that cars feel "dead" in the new game, by turning wheel really fast to left, right, left, right etc., and nothing really happens, car keeps going straight...

To be honest, I recently enjoy RaceRoom more than ACC because of the FFB and physics. I really hope ACC gets much closer to AC on release.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.5%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 13 6.2%