Caterham Academy 2020

Cars Caterham Academy 2020 1.5

Login or Register an account to download this content
Came here to report that RHD steering wheels are floating around outside the car... but it looks like you are aware of that from the above.

Great car. Loving the simracingsystem.com series for the Sim-Force vs Sim Enthusiast Youtube series.

Thanks so much for such a great mod Ben you’re a legend! There’s something special about your Caterham mods. I ran a quick race at Nords in VR and recorded it. Can’t wait to race it online with some of you folk on RSR.

i remain strong not buying any VR thing, because at the moment i'm not so happy about the screen quality
but these videos onboard... damn!
I'm glad i modeled some details that seemed useless at the time :p

Thanks for sharing

because i tend to forget stuff... so before i publish anything and mess up the guys that are doing a league with it, here is a pre-release :p in direct download to report bugs if you guys wanna give it a try
  • PHYSIC IS THE SAME (sorry for shouting)
  • less objects! in all the LOD (pain to do ...) - better performance ?
  • momo on the steering is now part of the mesh, preventing from clipping in bigger terrain (@Phoenix77 ;))
  • same clipping issue solved with rear fog light
  • dash_cam fixed for LHD
  • flying steering should be gone as well (dummy place was wrong)
http://benobro.org/sub/180624_bo_academy_0.92b.7z - 53mo

I like it that you've adjusted you car for bigger terrains.. But 900km² isn't really that big :D I will be looking forward to driving your car too fast and testing out the rails soon :)

pic.jpg
Just want to say I love the Caterhams and hope you will recover from your data loss, also I have a small bug report, I noticed the shock absorber on the right side of both versions of the academy 2017 isn't attached to the suspension on the lower end.

LOD_C_RHD.gif

I just downloaded the version in post #108, and the steering pivot issue with LOD_B is fixed. But now in the LOD_C model for the rhd car, the steering wheel is on the wrong side, and the model appears to switch to the lhd version, even thought he poly count isn't the same as the LOD_C for the lhd version. The texture mapping in the LOD_D is also a bit messed up.

Last edited:
View attachment 280294
I just downloaded the version in post #108, and the steering pivot issue with LOD_B is fixed. But now in the LOD_C model for the rhd car, the steering wheel is on the wrong side, and the model appears to switch to the lhd version, even thought he poly count isn't the same as the LOD_C for the lhd version. The texture mapping in the LOD_D is also a bit messed up.
alright so i fixed it then :) good to know because i don't have the max files of the car anymore... so fixing this would have been painful.

LOD D you will never be able to see more than few pixels on your screen, hence the messy mapping ;)
as for LHD and RHD sharing the same LOD C, to save time, and again, you won't notice difference from so far

Ben O'Bro updated Caterham Academy 2017 with a new update entry:

visual fixes

• physic is untouched
  • less objects! in all the LOD (pain to do ...) - for hopefully better performance
  • momo on the steering is now part of the mesh, preventing from clipping from distance and on large tracks
  • same clipping issue solved with rear fog light
  • dash_cam fixed for LHD
  • flying steering should be gone as well (dummy place was wrong)

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi guys, a bit off topic but thought i may be able to get a quick answer here, I have a mod car that sound's like the car is dragging (Scraping) on the ground.. any ideas on how to fix this or what i should change in the relevant ini.

Thanks...

Hi guys, a bit off topic but thought i may be able to get a quick answer here, I have a mod car that sound's like the car is dragging (Scraping) on the ground.. any ideas on how to fix this or what i should change in the relevant ini.

Thanks...
Hi,
maybe its in the .bank audio itself,

one thing to do is go ingame and the audio settings turn the sound effects down somewhat :)
and if you plan to release it give some guidelines and best audio settings ect ect.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back