1924 Bugatti T35.... Finished!
Screenshot (158).png
Screenshot (267).png
Screenshot (269).png
Screenshot (270).png
Screenshot (271).png

Last edited:
You're working incredibly fast :confused:
Thanks! That is what happens when you hire a team of professionals. Our primary 3d modeler doesn't even know anything about sim racing, but the guy worked professionally as a 3d modeler for decades, and I do have to say the cars we create as a team are beautiful largely as a result of his skills.

Last edited:
I think the nose is too bulky. There are still some flat panels where they should be curved (mostly noticable behind the driver's seat). The rear has some normals issues. Tyres look too round.

My only reference for my critique is this one:
Because the internet is full with mislabeled car pics (showing Type C's as Type A's, etc.) :(

I think the nose is too bulky. There are still some flat panels where they should be curved (mostly noticable behind the driver's seat). The rear has some normals issues. Tyres look too round.

My only reference for my critique is this one:
Because the internet is full with mislabeled car pics (showing Type C's as Type A's, etc.) :(

Ha, you're not kidding on the latter point! Easiest way to tell the difference (IMO) is the extruded air inlets behind the driver.

@A Casual Sim Racer do you know the specific images that have been used for the model? Obviously no two were identical in period, so TBH it's going to be based entirely off the plans/reference images that have been used for this one. My main question is regarding the two 'bumps' in front of the driver's eye - I've never seen them look as protruded as the ones in the pic, but that's likely just the images I've looked at. TBH, I'm mainly curious about what they are for!

The inlets behind the driver also look bigger on the below pics (from German and French GPs 1934, apparently) and the cap on the right-side (oil?) before the air inlet should be slightly more 'outside' rather than directly in front of it (note how it's part of the panel with the downward curve). DM me on Discord if you want me to highlight on the pics, but again it's more than likely that these changed at some point later in the year or were slightly different from model to model.

open-uri20121022-25972-ecaf1x.jpg

4cf00af75c76e357717dc852a10ed7cd.jpg

(Another huge pic from French GP: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/7d/Grid_of_the_1934_French_Grand_Prix.jpg)

Looking great though, really looking forward to it.

Last edited:
It looks like your reflections come to a point on the back of the car, even if the actual surface shape is smooth. What you can do to reduce that is instead of having the contour lines come to a point (even though that's an accurate description of the shape; drawn in red) is recreate the topology of a subdivided cube (green, outer corner of the cube, relaxed onto the surface of the sphere).
FQQ7ILG.png

That last triangle where the spine of the car and waistline meet is effectively one eighth of a sphere. So the better way to subdivide it is to put a vertex in the middle and connect it to all 3 edges, generating 3 quads. Once you've done this you can add extra loops in any direction and they don't converge onto a point anymore, they just wrap around the car in one direction or another.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea