Released Cannonball Run USA - Johnstone County

Waypoints can only be added between adjacent points.

RC, not sure how far you’ve gotten but I’m in the process of developing a script that generates an AIW with variable wp separation for lengthy tracks.
Points can be read directly from track mesh data, or draw on track surfaces via a spline. Currently I’m using Blender to convert a mesh to a spline. The script reads points along a curve and connects them together. No driving is necessary for adding points.
I’m looking into simplifying the process further and also learning a little more about the AI in general.
What you’re attempting is no easy task by any means.

Basic example

Sounds great. Can't wait for tool that can help with WP management.

In the mean time, its back to "copy paste edit" :)

An AIW is on it's way folks.....
Point-to-point as originally intended, plus a 'short' loop of 68.4km/42.5mile & a 'long' loop including 2 of the dirt sections & the aqueduct measuring 84.6km/52.5mile.
Expect approximately 30minutes lap time for long loop & loading times of up to 3minutes with a 48.6Mb HAT file.....
Please be patient as it's getting close now, just tweaking/bug hunting & then packing.....

Only 30 at the moment but there's room for more- thats only the test pit/garage/grid.....
(I knew you'd be glad to hear Mr DiFool!:wink:)
Working out the re-packing will be a first for me though.....ssshhhh....:D

I am curious about the max number of cars...

In theory you can add (for race session) as many cars as game and system specs allow. Thou I am having fps-issues with already 20-30 cars (HistorX), but if I reduce the track drawing distance it should help. Don't know if the maps drivable/collideable terrain affects fps, I could try that and maybe release more fps-friendly version of the track.

Then again, I don't have the fastest gaming computer :/

Yeah, but you have to run the race without fuel use or tire wear, else half the AI never pits. Now that I say that, are you having trouble getting them to run a reasonably full distance on a full tank? On the Targa Florio they invariably pit after just one lap, even if they would have only used say 30 liters out of a 120 liter tank...

Ive found that pitting trouble too on some tracks when the fuelusage figure for the track is not set right with either under fueling AI at start & they fail to make the lap OR a figure to great & they'll drive past the pit & run out part way around.....
After much experimenting with several mods I think Ive got the figure close.....
Although, if the problem persists & you know of someway of making the AI accept a set-up or upgrade then an oversized 'Endurance' tank can always be written into the Upgrades file as I have done for something Im working on......

you know of someway of making the AI accept a set-up or upgrade then an oversized 'Endurance' tank can always be written into the Upgrades file as I have done for something Im working on......

Yes it can be done via upgrades, but then I don't know if online compatibly suffers. Of course the easiest solution is to change fuel usage off.

Sorry guys, BTB works SO slow with this/these monsters & there being 5 different versions of AIW that I keep getting "burnt out" & needing a break....
Plus I have a couple of my own projects on the go (& real life to contend with), but most of all, I want to make sure that the AI is going to work properly & there's always those little glitches I find that needs buffing up....
I promise I'll make a concerted effort to do something over the next few days with this while I have a few days off work & possibly someone could repack it or give me some guidance with it(Ive never MAS packed before)....
Also the original gates need to be removed from the packed files & then one of them (the point2point start gate) added again some others I have.
Im hoping that it can be packed in such a way that the download wont be much bigger than the original, yet contain the 5 different AIW's & sector gates....
There's an 84.6km clockwise & anti clockwise route, an 68.3km, again in both directions, & a 40.5km point-to-point as originally intended using the mountain pass but with full working AIW.....

Cannon Ball-Long Loop.JPG
Cannon Ball-Short Loop.JPG

Im STILL working on it (while not flying to or from different mines), I keep finding bits that need refining.
Plus I still haven't worked out how to successfully use the MAS tool yet :-(
Im truly sorry it's taking SO long everyone, but they ARE on the finishing strait now though (pardon the pun).....
And yes, there has been a few strange occurrences turn up between BTB & rF- for example, heading from the servo' towards the mountain pass turn-off, the cars seem to want to drive partly on the dirt/lefthand shoulder from the last righthand sweeper to the intersection & also some mods REALLY don't want to take some intersections properly & drive clear off the road instead (almost as if it's a chronic case of understeer- WSC70 is the worst for it!) whilst other mods will turn in while still going WAY to quick & spin out....
Ive got most of them sorted or settled on a compromise though, now it's just smoothing out the fastline & altering it slightly in places for when it runs in the opposite direction....
A large portion of it wouldn't automatically append & I had to stretch out the AIW lines & then pin it all down manually which has been the big time killer as the longer & more refined the AIW becomes, the slower BTB works with this monster- even IF I hide the terrain!
It seems as though work is thinning out again so I'm now getting more time to put in on this, but then I also have a couple of tracks of my own on the go too....;):D

It's taking so long to do the circuit versions of this Ive decided to release the Point-to-point AIW in the next day or so, just doing a final polish now.
I figured I should at least get it out in time for the voting....
When the circuit versions are ready I'll pack the whole lot up including the point-to-point version (*& new timing gates for each plus fuel figures & HAT's)
Fuel Usage is correct & has the warning light coming on within the last 50meters of the finish line- Im just trying to stop the cars triggering a yellow flag at the start causing them to drive to the first intersection in the lefthand lane (as if under a safety car).
If rules are turned off then the AI will follow their route & a driver can take any route they choose to reach the finish.
Using a saloon car with a topspeed of 280kph it takes just over 14minutes to reach the finishing line with the AI driving.
*HAT has grown to 48+Mb but will be provided.
*I was hoping to include a screenie but it was too big & I didn't think I'd sent this message.
(Admin'???)
((Edited bits=*))

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back