Released Cannonball Run USA - Johnstone County

No sweat mate, Im sorry it took SO long.
I now realize I should've done the point-to-point AIW first rather than last....D'oh!
I actually started the longest loop/circuit version first & HUGELY underestimated the time it would take to do it too:oops:
At least now we can see by how much Mr Reynolds has beaten us by. LoL!

It is theoretically possible to beat the field by taking the longer (but faster) route to the east. Despite several offs and spins, I reacquired the field only about a minute behind cars in my same class; with familiarity I probably could beat them, but it requires a car with a high top speed.

The standings en route are backwards, I will note.

Yes it is close call, but possible to beat them taking the longer route. I never actually yet beaten any AI car no matter what I've tried :D

Yes there is oddity where standings start to roll backwards, but fortunately they still finish in right order.

I'm hoping that when I pack up a multi-route version soon that that problem will disappear by including some new timing gates for the point-to-point version.....

Some of us have had problems loading this track, but I might have worked out a fix. Set first piece of terrain to not be drivable nor a shadow receiver. Or for ta0, HATTarget=False ShadowReceiver=False via the .scn file

There's still plenty of room off track so people can recover. The change will only affect people who are messing around and exploring the hills.

Interesting solution :) However it is odd that the HAT-file I provided with the download doesn't help loading the track. I've heard that in some peoples computers HAT-file is always generated every time they load a track.

That happens to me actually. 'Always generate' in my plr file is 0, so I don't know why it defies me.

edit: Do you mind if I post the scn solution in the rF central comments? Someone there is in the same boat as me.

Getting there John, the sweepers take ages to get right in BTB & I have a couple of other projects of my own going as well.
Basically though Ive got it repacked up with separate gates for each of the versions & it is just the AIW thats the hold-up now.....
I could let it out now but the AI is still substandard with some mod's going off track in places.
I can however tell you that the long version takes approximately 28minutes to lap!:D

All packed & working right up to building the HAT files....
I keep getting runtime errors when building the HAT's!
This is the first time with my PC that Ive EVER had this trouble, usually I can build a HAT for 50to80km tracks in well under10minutes....
As soon as Ive got some it to do this I'll pass it over to Johannes to see if he want's to change anything & then upload it to rFc....
Fingers crossed folks, I WILL get there!:D;)

The only glitches now is that it won't load for the longer version on my PC (although it will for others)
Here's some links now if only I can be promised some feedback please....
(WARNING: HAT files-nearly 50Mb each -total download is 250Mb larger that the file they are for- Main folder75Mb)!
Im waiting for Johannes to send me his BTB files so I can see if I can fix the loading issues....
It may mean loosing some of the 'out-of-site' terrain though....:(

http://www.mediafire.com/?h667ws31vozd3

So, bump right back for some feedback please;)

No problem Chronus, as & when you can is fine....
BTW folks, that above link should take you through to a folder with 6links.
One is for the track & AIW's & the other 5 are for the corresponding HAT files...
Any feed back from anyone is more than welcome, please?

Ive now made a version with the MAS file in 2 parts as Johannes originally had it but still running into loading troubles....
Ive had one other tester report back with a crappy lap-top & they can get it to run with no worries....
Has anyone else got any feedback for me please?
The latest build version is dated 7-11-12 & the above link is still viable
Please help, this is REALLY starting to drive me barmy & bald!

Don't wanna make an extra thread so here my question: I am trying to get the GTR2 version of this running but kinda getting desperate now cos it always CTD on 75% loading-screen and I tried so much to fix it. I even got the .HAT files from a helping guy - nada. In the logfile it says "PTLIT01 and PTLIT02 not found" - funfact I found those files elsewhere but cannot figure out where to put them and also if that is the solution. So if someone has this track running in GTR2 pls gimme a call cos I really want to use this track - it was awesome in rFactor but I have switched to GTR2. There has to be a solution!? Thank you. Edit: And is there a track that is a bit like Cannonball for GTR2!? That might be better than none if this cannot be fixed. ;-)

Last edited:
More clarity is needed. Where did you find the PTLIT01 and PTLIT02 files? Do you mean somewhere in the this track's file structure, or from another track?

I just downloaded the track from here. None of the layouts have references to those pit light objects in their trk files. I don't have GTR2 so I can't comment on it's requirements. The log message could have two meanings:
1. Your copy of the track has trk files that reference those pit lights, but the files are missing
2. You already have the above version of this track (or similar), but the game expects both a reference to each light along with the the object itself.

If files you found are from a different track, you could add them to the relevant CR layout, and trk references if necessary. In game they'd be in the wrong place, but that would only matter if you needed them to show you if the pit lane was open.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 361 15.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 180 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.2%