Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

Yes, on the forums by users, but not by anyone official. I think that's low priority given what's ahead of them. I'm not sure why that was left out. Seems so simple. But then again, it's a complicated game.

What are your impressions of it so far?

Is it standalone or does it require being connected to a pc to work? The bits I've read about it only refer to its use when connected to a pc.
Well I have only used it that time, but it seems very good. I believe it has to be connected to a PC, as there is no hot button to stop/start recording.
I am not 100% but the HD60 is one of two that can record 1080p at 60fps?
Anyway, this is also the only one that comes with its own software. It is quite basic but just nice to have, the rendering speeds on the software are very fast also. I haven't found any downsides at the moment. Will write a full review after a few more uses :thumbsup:

I'm going into tonights practice race with a few laps practice and default setup, god help me.:confused:

I'm sure you will kill us all. Well, it's only practice. I have not figured out the weather. Thank God the forecast for the real race is just partly cloudy. I have a setup but it's not making me much faster. I think the one thing that helped the most were making sure the tire pressures were good. I tried to get them all around 200 average. But that left front takes a beating.

We can all save it and upload to YouTube via Twitch too. That's probably what I'll do.
I use 560 rotation on the wheel, Seems to give me the best feel. I just then adjust steering lock in the setup.

I think TT was pretty much an afterthought hence why its not very well implemented.

Could be, Strangely enough TT feels better on the wheel. Not much but notice more ff, even though II could do the same with some more tweaking probably.
What I like about TT besides the feel are that the cars are set up well and you cant change them...so the times are a true driver skill comparison.

Last edited:
We can all save it and upload to YouTube via Twitch too. That's probably what I'll do.
I use 560 rotation on the wheel, Seems to give me the best feel. I just then adjust steering lock in the setup.
I've read that its good to keep the wheel settings at 900, then adjust the steering lock in game.
Is Project Cars the same as AC, where they make each car 1:1 with the real life steering rotation?
Because I haven't touched any and I had about 270 steering lock in the karts.

Also how do you change the steering lock in the setup?

dont know if I'll make the practice tonight. I just got back in town and ran a handful of laps last night with different cars and still haven't nailed one down. I like the BMW, the RUF, and the McLaren. I used @Robert Waddell 's advice in setting my wheel and I have a pretty good feel but still haven't run anything under a 2.04.850. Silverstone isn't a good track for me.

dont know if I'll make the practice tonight. I just got back in town and ran a handful of laps last night with different cars and still haven't nailed one down. I like the BMW, the RUF, and the McLaren. I used @Robert Waddell 's advice in setting my wheel and I have a pretty good feel but still haven't run anything under a 2.04.850. Silverstone isn't a good track for me.
I haven't got under 2:06!

Until the patch comes out for the TX, if it does, conventional wisdom is out the window for me. Right now, I'm going with feel and making sure not to clip. I've gotten there, but others may vary.
Steering lock is on the second or third page (by pressing the gas pedal) in each car setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back