AC BMW 235i Racing @ Kyalami - Weds 1st July 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
nice to see that o'reilly linux kernel book being put to good use :)

Which headset do you have?

Haha, good eye. Yes, I guess I don't reference it much any more, so this is its most useful state...

VR or the headphones? VR is an Oculus Rift CV1. It's definitely showing its age, but I am really comfortable. I was oncall for server reliability for the release of the CV1, so the nostalgia definitely keeps me from upgrading :)

The headphones are XM3s. Highly recommended if you do a lot of travel (although not right now...).

Last edited:
I'm also a member of the team "Desk-Clamp-Wheel-Chair" but I modified a wooden plate so that my chair and pedals can't move. Started with a Driving Force GT too and upgraded to a T300 and Fanatec Pedals.

@Chris Down how are you doing with the T300 desk clamp? I'm not really happy with how it works but maybe my deskplate is too thick

as in FB frontend?

I think it says something about the design of the CV1 that so many people are still putting it to good use.

Yeah, although back in those days we still didn't have as much of Oculus integrated into FB infra, so I was both web reliability oncall and "Oculus CDN" (now mostly served via fbcdn). Oculus CDN hit composition is very different than fbcdn and scalability and optimisations are quite different, so It was an interesting (read: terrifying) week. :)

I'm also a member of the team "Desk-Clamp-Wheel-Chair" but I modified a wooden plate so that my chair and pedals can't move. Started with a Driving Force GT too and upgraded to a T300 and Fanatec Pedals.

@Chris Down how are you doing with the T300 desk clamp? I'm not really happy with how it works but maybe my deskplate is too thick

T300 desk clamp works fine for me, although my desk isn't that thick. I found it a bit tricky to tighten properly when I got it, but some bicycle chain lube worked great.

Ok, you gotta share a photo of that!

The Wheel
20200630_132542.jpg

Inside Wheel
20200630_132550.jpg

The pedals
20200630_132454.jpg

Back of Pedals
20200630_132505.jpg

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period