AC BMW 235i Racing @ Kyalami - Weds 1st July 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Enjoyed that tonight. Thank to john for organising :thumbsup: Haven't had any practice time the last few weeks so it was nice to be on a familiar track and somewhat on the pace. After a great start in the first race i got punted at the nearly hairpin and then realised the hard way on the next 2 corners i had somehow accidentally switched off the TC! (maybe hit the button on the steering wheel in the post punt panic...) Disaster. Retired to pits to regather myself for R2.

Second race i started in last, i presume because of retiring from the first... Had a good race chasing @hape, but a dodgy dive into turn 1 put an end to the close battle. A bit more patience was required!

See ye on the next one.

Super disappointing night. Managed to get into top 10 race 1 and then 2 spins put me at the back of the pack. Race 2 was more like a banger racing derby at the back. Sideswiped constantly, dive bombed into turn 1 from miles away and side swiped and then someone spinning someone half way up the hill on the back of the circuit stopped instantly on the racing line and ruined my race. :) Onto the next one!

So sorry Matthew that was me I think as I caused a spin there and slowed down on the racing line, so I can only apologise for that :(

Spent most of the first race trying to get passed @hap with @stribbeck biting at my heels, was not easy, in the end committed one of my shouldn’t do’s and used a back marker to eventually sneak passed Hap, sorry Hap you were just unpassable.
2nd race was more in my favour, eventually catching @Dennis Manke , @640er and @Ronnie Böhme but what a hopeless task that was going to be, get by Ronnie, now sandwiched between @640r and Ronnie was not my idea of fun.
In the end gave up and sat on the tail of the squabbling snake.
I always make crap starts, both races lost lots of places, should really try and do something about that. Oh well that is the way it is.:unsure:

I was watching @Chris Down's onboard from race 1 and noticed that while we drive the same car and do the same laptimes, we get the time in different places. Chris seems to take more speed through the corners whereas I focus more on the exit and often take a slightly later apex. This also explains why Chris' front right was getting hot, while my front tires were always a bit on the cold side.
I decided to record and upload my PB (from R2) to compare:

I was watching @Chris Down's onboard from race 1 and noticed that while we drive the same car and do the same laptimes, we get the time in different places. Chris seems to take more speed through the corners whereas I focus more on the exit and often take a slightly later apex. This also explains why Chris' front right was getting hot, while my front tires were always a bit on the cold side.
I decided to record and upload my PB (from R2) to compare:

Heh, I think it's the hours of driving the 650s rubbing off on me :p

Mixed feelings about this event. The combo is great so thanks for organising @Medilloni :thumbsup: . I was happy with my qually doing a 54 for the first time and being faster than @Ronnie Böhme also for the first time :D . But the beginning of race 1 was a kind of bumperride for me finally ending in an off track that put me way back. Has anyone the replay of race 1? I'd like to see it because from my cockpit experience it didn't felt like decent and respectful racing from certain drivers. And it ruined my chance to have a great race with quite some others that had similar pace.

In race 2 I had a nice battle with @Andrew Whelan in the first laps but after that I was cruising on my own with about 4s behind @Kek700 and not succeeding in closing that gap.

Question: Can I leave the event after race 1 and come back before race 2 without consequences for my starting position? In that way the replay from race 1 should be saved.

No problem at all. I was super angry last night but It's ok. Natural instinct to slow down once you hit someone off and in hindsight I should've read the situation better. :)

Was completely my fault not sure you could have predicted me slowing down that much, thought we had a little battle later on.

If you need more than 1gb 'Maximum replay file size'*, see Chris' instructions here (#133)

* I usually get both races, qualy & practice with the limit set @ 862mb.
I've got it set to 1GB, but it does not autosave R1, it only takes R2 (The autosaved files were practice, quali (~300MB) and race 2 (~400MB). I think it's an issue with the combined session.

Edit: Oh actually, I may have set it to only autosave a maximum of 1 race session. I'll have to check when I'm home.

My settings:
AC replay settings.jpg

Thanks @Medilloni for hosting. It was a great combo :thumbsup: In race 1 I managed to chase down @Ronnie Böhme but was not able to pass him (not even with a litte dive bomb :p) Race 2 was incredible. Fighting with @Dennis Manke and @Ronnie Böhme for P5 was super fun. Thanks for that guys :thumbsup:
I totally agree! In Race 1 my pace dropped a little in the second half. So I had do defend against @640er with all I had. Sweating and shaking in the end, and thanks to @640er being so fair to pull back after the totally legit dive bomb :D, I secured P5. In Race 2 I had one of the most demanding and most fun 3- and later 4-way battle of my sim racing career. Fought with all available weapons but 100% fair by any means, any time. Thanks @640er, @Dennis Manke and @Kek700 for that amazing experience.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 247 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 301 13.3%