AC BMW 235i Racing @ Kyalami - Weds 1st July 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Nice seeing everyone sharing there setups. True racing community here.

So here is mine! :thumbsup:
View attachment 384977

My CSR wheel and pedals look brand new because it’s been in the closet for the past 5 years. However, I do need to do something about my chair. It’s uncomfortable and it keeps moving back when I brake!
Wow, I like that equipment on the left!

Here is mine. Old G25 still doing the job pretty good, few weeks ago I updated it with a proper wheel and did some RST diy shift paddles. Next I need new pedals.

-Joel

IMG_3604.jpg

IMG_3605.jpg

Looks alot more comfortable than my setup lol, was a fun practice session :) I'm sure in that race that will all change lol
Yes was indeed fun and educational also because at certain turns you had a better exit. I tried to copy that but without much succes. A question therefore: do you use 2nd gear somewhere on the track?

Thanks everyone for sharing your setup's! my first thought is I need to upgrade the wheel and pedals before shelling out on a cockpit :)

Sorry for hijacking the thread @Medilloni :cautious:

Looks like we've got good numbers tonight. Managed a 1.57 in practice after a few laps but struggling to see where I can make up 3/4 seconds to catch everyone else!

Thanks everyone for sharing your setup's! my first thought is I need to upgrade the wheel and pedals before shelling out on a cockpit :)

Sorry for hijacking the thread @Medilloni :cautious:

Looks like we've got good numbers tonight. Managed a 1.57 in practice after a few laps but struggling to see where I can make up 3/4 seconds to catch everyone else!
One second is enough to catch me:(!

@MJBTV
Funny how people see “only” lap times as the magic marker for bliss.
I am not saying it is not important, it is just part of the whole package.
To me most important thing is the whole package, I cannot do much about my ultimate lap times, that was sorted just before someone plonked me onto this planet.:(
But I can do something about most of the other things that makes one a complete racing driver in sims, having fun is one of them too.
I notice generally in racedepartment a lot of very competent drivers, some are quicker some are slower.
Example, if I got down on the starting blocks in a 100m sprint next to Usain Bolt,
They would have to stop the start due to everyone rolling about with laughter.
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
The same applies in sim racing, but it is not visible, so you make the assumption we are all equal. We’re not.
If it’s meant to be it will happen, don’t force it, that is a sure way of stiflingly it for sure. :)

Anyone else has performance issues on this particular track? Not really a big problem but I get anoying stuttering in certain parts of the track, even in offline practice.

And since everyone is Sharing their setups... I got a taped up T300 that has served me well.

I started out as a desk racer and then "upgraded" to a wheel/pedal stand, a modified IKEA Poäng and then moved out to the living room. Everyone in the household is happy with this solution ;)

IMG_20200701_081534-min.jpg

Nice! What's the frame/seat combination you're using? It looks like it could fit at the spot I want it to have.

Seat and frame was bought from local department store many years ago. But after that I added a monitor mount and a lot more material to make it more solid. Also wheel and chair angles are customized to my liking.

Yes was indeed fun and educational also because at certain turns you had a better exit. I tried to copy that but without much succes. A question therefore: do you use 2nd gear somewhere on the track?

I think the lowest gear I used was 3rd, pretty sure tried 2nd a few times and it didn't seem as quick

I think the lowest gear I used was 3rd, pretty sure tried 2nd a few times and it didn't seem as quick
Thanks. Conclusion: you're just faster in this combo :thumbsup: , although I was gaining quite a lot in turn 9 . There's room for improvement for you with a slightly different line, I think.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 132 13.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 103 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 95 9.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 71 7.0%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 140 13.9%