BLM Lights

Apps BLM Lights 1.16

Login or Register an account to download this content
v1.4.6.2 CONSISTENTLY crashes Assetto Corsa on loading.
If you disable BLM lights v1.4.6.2 in Content Manager the game loads normal.
I went back to the last installed version and immediately all runs fine again.

Something is clearly wrong with v1.4.6.2 :-(

I have to mention I do not use the app at all but only have it installed without any tweaks as it supposed to allow for more detailed track light features to be active when using the Dynamic Light Shader patch in combination with track files from the library.

I just ran a test version with Blamer and it seems that Content Manager isn't writing to the settings file by default, leaving it empty. Any change in the app settings menu took care of that problem and now AC is launching properly. Just check/unchecking any item does the trick. Hope that helps!

I just want to mention that @Blamer was super nice and got in touch with me to learn why the app caused a crash and he found out exactly what @DrLimerep is mentioning above. He also helped me to find another completely unrelated issue I wasn't even aware of which surely will help me to run AC now even smoother.

Thanks a lot for the help!

Blamer updated BLM Lights with a new update entry:

Fix for crashes at start, Potential duplicated sections in config files corrected

Finally found what was causing the crash on some systems (settings.ini wasn't being created if not opening CM settings, I'm including a default one now). Thanks @Dirk Steffen, @DrLimerep and @rwb Banksy Kai!
We should be ok now, but in case... i leave here a previous 1.4.4.5 version
  • ver. 1.4.7
    • Potential duplicated...

Read the rest of this update entry...

New section OPTIONS, user defined colors

• ver. 1.4.8
    • New section OPTIONS
      • COLOR_TO
      • DIRECTION_OFFSET
color_to_direction_offset.png

Use COLOR_TO to define the final color for a LIGHT_X section​
  • User defined colors
    • You can now add your preferred colors to colors_user.blm in the colors folder
...​

Added INCLUDE, LIGHTING and MODEL_REPLACEMENTS, new brightness levels

This is what the app was missing, mainly because it was never meant to be the app it is now, but just and fps monitor and a lights counter, but it grew up more than I expected. I never used Python before, so it became an excuse to learn it while developing this app.
Also, I downloaded a lot of mods (apps, tracks, cars) and I thought it was about time I gave something back to the AC community.

I'd like to thank Ilja (x4fab) that with his wonderful work with Content Manager first and the...

1.5.1: PRESETS PER MODE | 1.5.0: INCLUDE, LIGHTING and MODEL_REPLACEMENTS, new brightness levels

As I said this morning in the previous update, I had already started working on PRESETS PER MODE, so I finished it and included the option.
  • ver. 1.5.1
    • PRESETS PER MODE
      • You can now choose, for each game mode, the user interface to be used. Default will be Compact for all presets. Change your preferences in the Content Manager BLM Lights app settings

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Prizes

• Trophies

• Forum trophies