BLM Lights: commentsReplaceCounter= 171
dotsReplaceCounter= 9005
duplicateCounter= 8009
BLM Lights Selector: lights sources loaded
BLM Lights Selector: loaded
BLM Lights: loaded

Sorry if I'm missing something

Hey,
sorry, I'm pretty busy with rl lately and couldn't help. Thanks LeBluem for trying to.
From what I see there's no apparent error coming from BLM Lights.

Can you send me the py_log after it crashes?
Does it work with other display modes (like extended developer)?

Hey,
sorry, I'm pretty busy with rl lately and couldn't help. Thanks LeBluem for trying to.
From what I see there's no apparent error coming from BLM Lights.

Can you send me the py_log after it crashes?
Does it work with other display modes (like extended developer)?
Hey, thanks for taking the time to reply despite being busy.

The py_log says basically the same, even when I tried a ks track.

BLM Lights: starting version 1.16.1
SolWeatherApp userDir: C:\Users\user\Documents
track name: ks_brands_hatch
BLM Lights: commentsReplaceCounter= 171
dotsReplaceCounter= 9005
duplicateCounter= 8009
BLM Lights Selector: lights sources loaded
BLM Lights Selector: loaded
BLM Lights: loaded

This is in the C:\Users\user\Documents btw, is this the correct one I've been sharing?

This happens with all tracks and cars, mod and ks. It also happens with everything but compact mode.

I've attached the .ini of the ks Brands Hatch (it was too long to paste here) that has been modified (by the app), but if you need I can attach any other logs that are necessary.

Attachments

• ks_brands_hatch.ini
    29.7 KB · Views: 80
The game crashes when I try to use any version other than Compact

Error might have something to do with:

AC\gamescreen.cpp (33): ksgui::GameScreen::render
AC\gui.cpp (190): ksgui::GUI::doRender2D
AC\game.cpp (140): Game::onIdle
AC\game.cpp (210): Game::run
AC\acs.cpp (477): wWinMain
f:\dd\vctools\crt\crtw32\dllstuff\crtexe.c (618): __tmainCRTStartup

Hey Folks, wanted to update my post from May. I was having the same trouble that many people seem to be having regarding running developer mode, and crashing the game.

First time using this app, and when I attempt to launch the game with any mode other than "compact", the car setup lobby will show, but when I attempt to go drive the track, the game crashes back to the CM main area and shows the following error:

View attachment 369706

I'm using CSP 0.1.46, and haven't had any other errors so far. Any ideas? This happens with all tracks, including Kunos tracks.

Since then, I had my PC crash. After rebuilding, updating to Windows 10 64bit, and a fresh install of AC + CSP + SOL, I have been able to run this app in all modes, on all tracks. I wish I knew what was causing the issue, but I suspect it had something to do with another app conflicting with BLM Lights somehow.

Just food for thought.

Hi, does anyone know a way of changing the levels of brightness for the blm headlights? 300% headlight brightness isnt enough for me and i was wondering if this limit can be increased in any of the files?

Hi, does anyone know a way of changing the levels of brightness for the blm headlights? 300% headlight brightness isnt enough for me and i was wondering if this limit can be increased in any of the files?
This is not the correct way of dealing with this issue.

This would be the best way to adjust headlight brightness so it works correctly on a global scale for all cars on all tracks correctly:

0) make sure your monitor settings are spot on and your Assetto Corsa vanilla brightens and screen settings are reasonable

1) make sure to correctly install CSP + SOL (with or without BLM - I still recommend to use BLM for its more slick mirror adjustment but UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES use it to alter light levels of any kind).

2) make sure to test lighting conditions with KUNOS cars only (preferably the Kunos cars Ilja of CSP usually uses to test and implement new CSP features first, such as the Kunos BMW M3 E30, Ruf Yellowbird, Abarth 500, etc …)

3) adjust CSP settings in CM first to your liking (I recommend to stay as close to the default settings as possible for best compatibility)

4) if you absolutely must, adjust now all lighting related settings within the SOL in game app

5) if you now have any issues with a particular mod car with its lighting features incorrect, here is what you MUST DO:

THE MOD NEEDS TO BE FIXED to comply with the Kunos mod pipeline standards. If it does not (some modders do some haphazardly quick fixes or some try to be clever and creative and deviate from the Kunos standards for car features and therefore ensure that their mod car is not compatible to global standards :-(

This is lighting levels in a nutshell as per 2021 with AC + CSP + SOL + mod content

This is not the correct way of dealing with this issue.

This would be the best way to adjust headlight brightness so it works correctly on a global scale for all cars on all tracks correctly:

0) make sure your monitor settings are spot on and your Assetto Corsa vanilla brightens and screen settings are reasonable

1) make sure to correctly install CSP + SOL (with or without BLM - I still recommend to use BLM for its more slick mirror adjustment but UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES use it to alter light levels of any kind).

2) make sure to test lighting conditions with KUNOS cars only (preferably the Kunos cars Ilja of CSP usually uses to test and implement new CSP features first, such as the Kunos BMW M3 E30, Ruf Yellowbird, Abarth 500, etc …)

3) adjust CSP settings in CM first to your liking (I recommend to stay as close to the default settings as possible for best compatibility)

4) if you absolutely must, adjust now all lighting related settings within the SOL in game app

5) if you now have any issues with a particular mod car with its lighting features incorrect, here is what you MUST DO:

THE MOD NEEDS TO BE FIXED to comply with the Kunos mod pipeline standards. If it does not (some modders do some haphazardly quick fixes or some try to be clever and creative and deviate from the Kunos standards for car features and therefore ensure that their mod car is not compatible to global standards :-(

This is lighting levels in a nutshell as per 2021 with AC + CSP + SOL + mod content
As far as i know this is stock lighting yet it isnt realistic to be this bright, how can i fix the brightness? Its almost blinding on the back of other cars.
20211107154304_1.jpg

Will this app be updated to work correctly with newer versions of CSP? A lot has changed since last update.. Asking for a friend...
Hi Jonah and sorry for the late reply.
I'm glad there's still some interest in my apps although it's been a while since I last updated them, means they were somewhat good to someone.

I haven't been simracing for a long time now, mainly because I moved and I haven't had the rig for a long time, then, when I had it again a few stuff changed and I got a lot of problems making AC not crash with CSP and my Quest.
I didn't want to go into the troubleshooting spiral again so when I want to play some game I launch stock AMS2 and I'm good to go.

So, to answer your question, it's not a "no" but it would take a lot of effort by my side and right now I don't have the time to do it.

Cheers!

How do i turn on the track lights. I did manage to turn them on but they were off again next time i loaded the track up....I can see the car lights are easy to work out.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back