BLM Lights

Apps BLM Lights 1.16

Login or Register an account to download this content
Blamer updated BLM Lights with a new update entry:

Now handles ext_config.ini too

• ver. 1.15.2
    • Now also handles configurations that come with tracks as assettocorsa\content\tracks\[TRACK_FOLDER]\extension\ext_config.ini
    • Other detections of duplicated options

ext_config.ini configurations have the priority being loaded by CSP over config files found inside tracks/loaded or tracks folder.

The first time an ext_config.ini file is found a copy of the original file is created as...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Blamer,
I been messing around with settings you shared and whatnot but no luck with Monza.
I did notice the surface in the pit where the cars spawn works as intended when wet but the track beyond that does not.
Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Blamer,
I been messing around with settings you shared and whatnot but no luck with Monza.
I did notice the surface in the pit where the cars spawn works as intended when wet but the track beyond that does not.
Any thoughts?

Thanks.
it might be because of the original materials. I fear we can't do much about it

Well shucks.
Was worth a look.
I keep reading that Monza is a dynamic track when it comes to dry/wet conditions so this probably isn't needed for it anyway.

I am new to all this AC stuff so trying to learn.

Figured it out.
Discovered the Object Inspector and decided to try a few things.

Please include the following Monza materials in Wet_Config.
(assuming I understand your format)

[monza]
MATERIALS = apsh-shader-norm,apsh-shader-scuro,apsh-shader2,asph-pitlane,curb-NM,curb-shader

The following CSP Track Config by @Benner900 @leBluem is breaking the pits and curbs at Monza because it uses asph-pitlane, curb-shader, and curb-NM.
I am not sure what their goal was. Just found the date setting uses winter.

[MATERIAL_ADJUSTMENT_12]
ACTIVE = 0
DESCRIPTION = asphalt + more winter specular
MATERIALS = gstand-alpha, gstand, billboards, top_new, top_B, walls, wall2,
curb-shader, tyres, curb-NM, asph-pitlane, serraglio, metals, wall2
KEY_0 = seasonWinter
VALUE_0 = 0.8
KEY_1 = fresnelEXP
VALUE_1 = 20
KEY_2 = fresnelMaxLevel
VALUE_2 = 0.3
KEY_3 = ksSpecularEXP
VALUE_3 = 30
KEY_4 = ksSpecular
VALUE_4 = 0.15
CONDITION = SEASON_WINTER

Then wet pit area and track conditions, once materials are added, are visually reduced by this one too

[MATERIAL_ADJUSTMENT_13]
ACTIVE = 0
DESCRIPTION = wet asphalt
MATERIALS =
apsh-shader-norm, apsh-shader-mid, apsh-shader-scuro, apsh-shader2
KEY_0 = fresnelMaxLevel
VALUE_0 = 0.3
KEY_1 = isAdditive
VALUE_1 = 0
OFF_VALUE_1 = 0
CONDITION = WET_SPEC

I'm not sure what can be done about those conflicts...

Here is a screenshot of it working after editing
wet fix.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry new to track modding and need some help if you can. I used race track builder to build a track but now can not figure out how to add lights. Is there a tutorial or user manual you have?

Sorry new to track modding and need some help if you can. I used race track builder to build a track but now can not figure out how to add lights. Is there a tutorial or user manual you have?
Hey,
I'd suggest you checking the CSP discord page, maybe starting from the tutorials-videos channel

A good way is to analyze other configs to find how they work. Basically you got meshes/materials and you want them to be lighten up and/or project light with a certain intesity/range/color/...

Hey,
I'd suggest you checking the CSP discord page, maybe starting from the tutorials-videos channel

A good way is to analyze other configs to find how they work. Basically you got meshes/materials and you want them to be lighten up and/or project light with a certain intesity/range/color/...
Thanks, have taken a look at their discord channel but nothing really from RTB. Guess a bit of blender is going to be needed by the looks of it. Thanks for the quick reply!

Thanks, have taken a look at their discord channel but nothing really from RTB. Guess a bit of blender is going to be needed by the looks of it. Thanks for the quick reply!

No, there's no need to use Blender to build lights, you just have to know the name of the mesh or the material you want to build a light for

Figured it out.
Discovered the Object Inspector and decided to try a few things.

Please include the following Monza materials in Wet_Config.
(assuming I understand your format)

[monza]
MATERIALS = apsh-shader-norm,apsh-shader-scuro,apsh-shader2,asph-pitlane,curb-NM,curb-shader

The following CSP Track Config by @Benner900 @leBluem is breaking the pits and curbs at Monza because it uses asph-pitlane, curb-shader, and curb-NM.
I am not sure what their goal was. Just found the date setting uses winter.

[MATERIAL_ADJUSTMENT_12]
ACTIVE = 0
DESCRIPTION = asphalt + more winter specular
MATERIALS = gstand-alpha, gstand, billboards, top_new, top_B, walls, wall2,
curb-shader, tyres, curb-NM, asph-pitlane, serraglio, metals, wall2
KEY_0 = seasonWinter
VALUE_0 = 0.8
KEY_1 = fresnelEXP
VALUE_1 = 20
KEY_2 = fresnelMaxLevel
VALUE_2 = 0.3
KEY_3 = ksSpecularEXP
VALUE_3 = 30
KEY_4 = ksSpecular
VALUE_4 = 0.15
CONDITION = SEASON_WINTER

Then wet pit area and track conditions, once materials are added, are visually reduced by this one too

[MATERIAL_ADJUSTMENT_13]
ACTIVE = 0
DESCRIPTION = wet asphalt
MATERIALS =
apsh-shader-norm, apsh-shader-mid, apsh-shader-scuro, apsh-shader2
KEY_0 = fresnelMaxLevel
VALUE_0 = 0.3
KEY_1 = isAdditive
VALUE_1 = 0
OFF_VALUE_1 = 0
CONDITION = WET_SPEC

I'm not sure what can be done about those conflicts...

Here is a screenshot of it working after editing
View attachment 360893

Did you ever get time to check those out Blamer?
I updated the post to make sure you are aware that is a screenshot of it working once fixed.
Originally it looked like BLM was off.

Hi!
Is it possible to make update with this options in app settings:

example.png

- add setup for switcher,
- add setup for splits.

At now splits are loaded by default and sometimes it interferes - you have to turn it off manually. The same thing with switcher - you also have to turn it on manually.
Here need the opportunity to choose what to load by default and what not.

Blamer updated BLM Lights with a new update entry:

Added the possibility to avoid using the app with selected tracks

• ver. 1.16
    • Now you can disable the app for selected tracks
just add the list of the tracks (a comma separated list) you don't want the app to work with in the excluded_user.ini file.

excluded_base.ini comes with the app and will be overwritten, so create your list using the excluded_user.ini file (you can create the file yourselves or let the app creates it the first time you open the app)...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi!
Is it possible to make update with this options in app settings:

View attachment 369258

- add setup for switcher,
- add setup for splits.

At now splits are loaded by default and sometimes it interferes - you have to turn it off manually. The same thing with switcher - you also have to turn it on manually.
Here need the opportunity to choose what to load by default and what not.
Hi, you're talking about BLM Times, not Lights.

The splits info should auto-hide after a few seconds, but if you want you can disable that info:
1588686898140.png

If you want to try an updated version PM me.

Hi Blamer!

First time using this app, and when I attempt to launch the game with any mode other than "compact", the car setup lobby will show, but when I attempt to go drive the track, the game crashes back to the CM main area and shows the following error:

1588695847456.png

I'm using CSP 0.1.46, and haven't had any other errors so far. Any ideas? This happens with all tracks, including Kunos tracks.

Hi Blamer!

First time using this app, and when I attempt to launch the game with any mode other than "compact", the car setup lobby will show, but when I attempt to go drive the track, the game crashes back to the CM main area and shows the following error:

View attachment 369706

I'm using CSP 0.1.46, and haven't had any other errors so far. Any ideas? This happens with all tracks, including Kunos tracks.
I wouldn't know... I'm using extended developer with no problems
1588699636210.png

send me your logs (csp and py_log) after it crashes

I wouldn't know... I'm using extended developer with no problems

send me your logs (csp and py_log) after it crashes

Well I would, but it's not generating a crash log for some reason. Also, I've noticed that if I have the BLM Lights app closed by default, the game will run, right up until I attempt to run the app while driving. If it's any style other than "Compact" it crashes immediately.

You've probably discussed this with Lilski and John via PM, but worth mentioning that we suspect the crashes being down to the custom animation. If it happens with other tracks it's worth checking for

You've probably discussed this with Lilski and John via PM, but worth mentioning that we suspect the crashes being down to the custom animation. If it happens with other tracks it's worth checking for
I had a small chat with Lilski (and other guys too)
I noticed the other track I had problems with (Singapore 2020) is a track that's got animations too (more than one animation).
Other tracks with just one animation work fine

I think animations could pretty heavy (CM side) and when BLM Lights launches and loads all the config lights and settings with some load on the CPU could have some effect on Content Manager and the way it hadles that all

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.