BLM Car

Apps BLM Car 1.7.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
Next update
car_app_settings.png

car_app_extended_nobg.png

1. I did disable the shaders patch before installing

2. I have tried driving cockpit view, yet nothing changed. and I cant enable or disable it. The action to do anything mirror related doesn't do anything when I try to click it.

3. This happened in every car. modded and kunos.

Should I: Disable shaders patch and try installing it again? (Which I have tried), then install your AC App?

Wow, solved it! in the smart_mirror config file, REAR MIRROR was disabled. Just changed that line, and BOOM magic! Now I have control over the monitor button. Thanks dude!

Where did you find this file?

[UPDATE]:

assetto corsa/ extension/ config/ smart_mirror.ini

Change the line:

[REAL_MIRRORS]
ENABLED=0

to:

[REAL_MIRRORS]
ENABLED=1

Here is a crazy little idea:

- allow for strength of rain and variability of rain depending of “randomized rain setting” in Content Manager (with a randomization factor to surprise what exact rain will occur) this would be the “baseline” or “background rain” that one will encounter depending on the weather chosen
- add another factor that will increase / decrease rain effect on windscreen:
- distance to car in front (apps such as car radar do have such information)
- speed at which your car is traveling
- this factors could influence per math formula the total amount of rain hitting the windscreen

this way we could also get the realistic effect of spray from cars in front hitting the windscreen even when there is no active “background rain” but from a wet road surface.

With such variable effects we could simulate the realistic water on windscreen and the driver would either have to react with the correct choice of wind screen wiper use or choosing an auto wiper program just like in real cars.

The only thing still needed would then be to be able to activate wipers with a keyboard key (which can be mapped to a proper control on your wheel or button box).

Then we had rain perfection ;-)

For some reason the BLM Car icon doesn't show in the apps bar (yes it's activated in CM and latest discord installed)
Same problem here (still).
Ditto with BLM Lights.
No idea what the issue is, it's been driving me mad all weekend.

EDIT: WOO-HOO! THE UPDATE ABOVE NOW WORKS!

@Mascot @Chris 576
It's really really weird...
open CM and uncheck the apps (should they appear there)
upload_2018-10-1_17-40-58.png

Open python.ini and delete all voices from it
upload_2018-10-1_17-41-37.png

Launch official launcher and in settings > general enable the apps from there.
Cross fingers...

@Mascot @Chris 576
It's really really weird...
open CM and uncheck the apps (should they appear there)
View attachment 272163

Open python.ini and delete all voices from it
View attachment 272164

Launch official launcher and in settings > general enable the apps from there.
Cross fingers...
Your latest BLM Car update now works for me (see my edit above).
Plus, you crazy beautiful son of a... ASPECT RATIO ADJUSTMENT FOR MIRRORS!
ThankyouThankyouThankyou.
:)

Here is a crazy little idea:

- allow for strength of rain and variability of rain depending of “randomized rain setting” in Content Manager (with a randomization factor to surprise what exact rain will occur) this would be the “baseline” or “background rain” that one will encounter depending on the weather chosen
- add another factor that will increase / decrease rain effect on windscreen:
- distance to car in front (apps such as car radar do have such information)
- speed at which your car is traveling
- this factors could influence per math formula the total amount of rain hitting the windscreen

this way we could also get the realistic effect of spray from cars in front hitting the windscreen even when there is no active “background rain” but from a wet road surface.

With such variable effects we could simulate the realistic water on windscreen and the driver would either have to react with the correct choice of wind screen wiper use or choosing an auto wiper program just like in real cars.

The only thing still needed would then be to be able to activate wipers with a keyboard key (which can be mapped to a proper control on your wheel or button box).

Then we had rain perfection ;-)

Hey Dirk,
something of this can't be done by me (CM related stuff), something I can try to implement it (the rain when behind a car is nice, even if it's not that easy because is not enough being following a car, you must be right behind it and I have never worked with splines before. I'll start now)

@Blamer Davide, the aspect mirror adjustment is superb, AC has needed this for years!
Is it possible to automatically adjust the passenger side mirror to the same aspect ratio as the driver's side one, as you perform the adjustment? I can't think of why you'd ever want these to be different, so it would save time.
Or even better, adjust ALL mirrors (including the cockpit rear-view mirror) to the correct aspect ratio at the same time (I don't know if this would be possible as the rear-view mirror and wing mirrors sometimes have different aspect ratios to start with).

@Blamer Davide, the aspect mirror adjustment is superb, AC has needed this for years!
Is it possible to automatically adjust the passenger side mirror to the same aspect ratio as the driver's side one, as you perform the adjustment? I can't think of why you'd ever want these to be different, so it would save time.
Or even better, adjust ALL mirrors (including the cockpit rear-view mirror) to the correct aspect ratio at the same time (I don't know if this would be possible as the rear-view mirror and wing mirrors sometimes have different aspect ratios to start with).

I can't know if the second or third, or fouth mirror is a mirror or a monitor, or if it has the same ratio.
Maybe first and last are side mirrors. maybe...

Hey Dirk,
something of this can't be done by me (CM related stuff), something I can try to implement it (the rain when behind a car is nice, even if it's not that easy because is not enough being following a car, you must be right behind it and I have never worked with splines before. I'll start now)
Yes, there is a lot of pie in the sky ideas ;-) This is the last bits to create the illusion of realistic visual rain effects ;-)

Regarding the "field of view" where a car in front would throw spray on the windshield you could have a little chat with @itsjustdel (the maker of the excellent app Car Radar:
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/car-radar.15743/

Perhaps with his knowledge of working with his app he might have an idea how to create a meaningful single numerical variable resulting from cars within a set field of view in front of the car that could be used within a formula to calculate the final amount of water on the windscreen.
This would be a killer feature, making water effects so much more realistic, you get closer to a car on a wet track surface = your windscreen becomes wet -> you have to switch on your windscreen wiper ;-)

I would love to keep individual aspect ratio settings as this is an amazing tool to be able to fix many of the wrong aspect ration mirror mod cars - some of them have just one broken mirror that can now be fixed with this super nice detail! Thanks Davide for coming up with such an amazing feature - I have hoped for something like this for a long time!

Yes, there is a lot of pie in the sky ideas ;-) This is the last bits to create the illusion of realistic visual rain effects ;-)

Regarding the "field of view" where a car in front would throw spray on the windshield you could have a little chat with @itsjustdel (the maker of the excellent app Car Radar:
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/car-radar.15743/

Perhaps with his knowledge of working with his app he might have an idea how to create a meaningful single numerical variable resulting from cars within a set field of view in front of the car that could be used within a formula to calculate the final amount of water on the windscreen.
This would be a killer feature, making water effects so much more realistic, you get closer to a car on a wet track surface = your windscreen becomes wet -> you have to switch on your windscreen wiper ;-)

I would love to keep individual aspect ratio settings as this is an amazing tool to be able to fix many of the wrong aspect ration mirror mod cars - some of them have just one broken mirror that can now be fixed with this super nice detail! Thanks Davide for coming up with such an amazing feature - I have hoped for something like this for a long time!

The function to increase/decrease aspect ratio was there but I hadn't seen that, mostly because nor even henter used it in his ExtMirror so I thought there weren't others functions available.

Maybe I'm updating my apps too often, but I like to release 'em as soon as I got new stuff working, because when I'm on the other side (as a user) I'd like to have new functions as soon as possible.
Other devs prefer to collect a lot new features before releasing them.

Tell me what you prefer me to do

Frequent updates work really only well with apps that are small enough to easily download and are easy and quick to install and use. Your app works perfect for that with Content Manager and every time I see something new added it’s a great surprise, especially with at incredible pace in development we see right now with Assetto Corsa. Barely a week passes without some other surprise having been released ;-)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.