Beta Bug Report Thread - Santa build

hello sonat glad to hear everythings ok.

but are you looking into the civic wheel being too low.?

i know that a bit obscure but u really have to sit high over the wheel to see out efficiently.

dan

Don't take this the wrong way Dan - turn the wheel off in cockpit view. You just bought a nice new wheel and it's right in front of you. Try it, trust me. Have I ever "steered" you wrong, buddy? It takes a couple of races and you get used to it. Seriously.

Off Topic: I found I used to use the in-game animated wheel as some sort of reference as to what the car was doing. Once I got rid of it I was less distracted by the fact that it wasn't really in synch with what the wheel in my hands was doing. I am now able to focus on the other visual, tactile and auditory clues to help me judge what is going on with the car. The animated wheel varies so much from game to game that I got tired of adjusting my style to suit this one item of feedback. This option is one of the underrated features that PC sims have over console racers. I knew one guy who used a rounded piece of cardboard to block out the wheel when he ran Forza on the Xbox. He was fast too!

Off Topic: I found I used to use the in-game animated wheel as some sort of reference as to what the car was doing. Once I got rid of it I was less distracted by the fact that it wasn't really in synch with what the wheel in my hands was doing. I am now able to focus on the other visual, tactile and auditory clues to help me judge what is going on with the car. The animated wheel varies so much from game to game that I got tired of adjusting my style to suit this one item of feedback. This option is one of the underrated features that PC sims have over console racers. I knew one guy who used a rounded piece of cardboard to block out the wheel when he ran Forza on the Xbox. He was fast too!

Agreed. With the wheel on I feel like I'm playing a video game, with it off (combined with proper FOV) I feel like I'm in a moving car. It never bothered me much on consoles but now that I've gone without it I'd hate to go back. :thumbsup:

when I had my trackface noir running I had a 0.6 FOV and no wheel. But I had problems setting that up in the evenings, so ive gone to 0.8 and a wheel again. I get the realism of this better view, for me vo the wheel doesn't put me off.

Agreed. With the wheel on I feel like I'm playing a video game, with it off (combined with proper FOV) I feel like I'm in a moving car. It never bothered me much on consoles but now that I've gone without it I'd hate to go back. :thumbsup:

Ok but you need to use a sim racing cockpit in order to have a good feeling.
Regarding my setup, I use a desktop and my physical wheel cannot be close to the monitor, so without a wheel displayed it looks like a little bit weird.

Ok but you need to use a sim racing cockpit in order to have a good feeling.
Regarding my setup, I use a desktop and my physical wheel cannot be close to the monitor, so without a wheel displayed it looks like a little bit weird.

I don't think you need a cockpit per se. But I do think you need a monitor over 21" to have the proportions of the wheel being used sort of match up with the screen. I know some guys running triple 24" monitors with a Fanatec clamped to a desk top while sitting in an office chair. Anyway, off topic - back to bug reports and updates.

Sorry.

Hi all,

Sorry for not responding for a while. We had to take an extended break due to moving of offices then settings things up etc. took some time.

- We believe we solved the Error 2228 issue which basically occurred when the server was too slow during peak hours. There were some loops that was slowing things down especially when a lot of users were online but we believe we solved it now.

- We also solved the problem regarding not being able to load into certain tracks despite owning them. This was related to the European Track pack which we updated with more tracks. The owners of the original pack were having this issue which we have solved now.

I would appreciate it if users who were having these issues can confirm that things are fine now.

Apart from that we are working on a small hotfix patch as expected. Some issues regarding steering rotation values resetting have been fixed and now we're looking into improving the flow in entering MP sessions (clicking on a livery and nothing happening).

Apart from working on solving these issues, we are pretty much done settling in our new offices and things are going well. Again, sorry for delayed response to these issues.

@Sonat Ozturk anything on why some MP servers don't have a ping, which results in not being able to connect to that server?

They do have a ping but I believe in your case the pings are quite high and it ends up refreshing before you get it. There is a request to refresh every 10 seconds which we now optimized a bit better so hopefully you won't see those flickery dashes anymore after the patch.

I think it was related to the issue of wrong ranking at the end of a race => wrong ranking at the end of the championnat
This.
And I also have had some really heavy flickering / stuttering on several tracks in ACAD 2014 championships, to the point it was undriveable..
Usually started about 2-3 laps in to the races, and then got worse and worse.

I have uploaded a video where you can see a collision between two cars that don't make any sense and another scene where the AI hit my out of the track.
For me is difficult to enjoy the game with things like those.

Are there plans to fix these problems?

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes