Beta Bug Report Thread - Santa build

I will quote you and I just have. ;)

If that's true then I must say I'm not in support of any artificial car behaviour. Rammers should be punished but not through the alteration of the laws of physics.

DANGIT!!! I said don't quote me!!! Kids these days, I swear.................:x3:

:laugh::roflmao::laugh:

I agree with your point though, if they're going to include stuff like that it should be as an option that we can turn on or off. Same with the ghosting of cars, nothing breaks your immersion like seeing a car suddenly ghost. :thumbsdown:

They do have a ping but I believe in your case the pings are quite high and it ends up refreshing before you get it. There is a request to refresh every 10 seconds which we now optimized a bit better so hopefully you won't see those flickery dashes anymore after the patch.

@Sonat Ozturk , thanks for the reply :)

Yeah, I do have higher pings than most, but I was able to connect to them and race fine before the DEC patch. I know from our little race group on Steam that it does happen to a number of people who have a much better connection than I do. Hopefully they can pop in and comment on their connections...maybe it will help lead to something...trying to think of who they are...

@Martin Edmunds I think he couldn't get into the m1 race last night, correct?

I thought I read somewhere that this was somewhat intentional to discourage ramming in online multiplayer? Don't quote me on that though.

I also read this but it was only an assumption by a player - nothing a S3S employee said. If I remember correctly. ;)

And furthermore it doesn't make sense since in player-AI-collisions the AI always is like on rails and nearly impossible to destabilize - no matter who rams who from behind.

Same with the ghosting of cars, nothing breaks your immersion like seeing a car suddenly ghost. :thumbsdown:
I'm not a fan of ghost cars personally. I totally understand the reasons for them such as stopping idiots ruining races driving the wrong way, which is a good thing. Obviously ghosts make accidents less messy for following cars but they detract from the fun of taking evasive action for an accident that happens in front of you. I used to do most of my online racing in a Gran Turismo community and we never had ghost cars. If drivers spun-out ahead then you needed to make up your mind how you were going to avoid them, and pretty quickly! Led to plenty of Days of Thunder moments where you had to pick a gap and floor it!

I've also had problems in R3E when a ghosted car has 're-materialised' right in front of me, causing a collision.

So yeah, an option to turn off ghosting cars would be most welcome.

@Sonat Ozturk yes, no issue on the DTM 2014 mp servers.

If a numbered ping is generated I can connect to that mp server, no issue. If a ping is not generated and I get just the dashes, it has been impossible to connect to those servers(I and others have done lots of attempts). So, it seems something is not letting one connect if a ping number is not generated on the select server page. If you select a server that does not have a ping number you sit at the select livery screen and click away with nothing ever being loaded. I have tried upwards of 30-50 clicks to see if it would ever let me in. I know others with better connections have this problem as well.

There is one server in the ADAC 2014 experience -Sachsenring, get real, Mechanical damage on - that I never a get a ping generated for and can't connect to, which is a bit odd since it is a small number of servers there as well. Why only that one, all the time, when the others are in the 100ms ping range.

ADAC
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=379540443
DTM
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=379540525

Maybe some of that info may help.

Thanks.
Sean

Just now I have finished a race about 30 minutes against the AI in Nurburgring GP; I have decided to play it in R3E not in ADAC GT MASTER 14. The AI is more careful trying to pass me and despite a couple of little incident, the race has been ****ing awesome.

Excellent race sensations, but still work to do in the things all know. Keep working so guys.

Last edited:
Thanks for this but reports like this are good to hear but fairly useless ...; what graphics settings / what is your system specs etc etc ... its hard guessing what you are running and the settings your running it at and what driver/hardware your using

Andi
I7 4790k, GTX970 4gd, 8GB Ram. Graphic setting all high. other car cockpit have no shadows issue. Only MP4 got problem.
2015-01-2401120003_zpse73666f7.jpg

2015-01-2401120003_zpse73666f7.jpg

Have you mapped the toggle button for this option?
It is two different buttons, one to turn it on / off, and one to toggle the appearance.

Thanks for the reply, I know how to change between different bar styles. I have done this image to illustrate the problem:
Position Bar.jpg

In the fourth picture you can see the bug.
To put the icing on the cake, in this bar option, the rearview mirror could fit on the top to have a more clean view.

I forgot to report this one earlier.

When I join a MP server, I sometimes seem to be in a land of my own for practice. I see other players times on the bar on the top of the screen as they put them up, but I don't see one player on the track for the whole practice. I don't think they are they bc there are no accidents or issues caused by me not seeing them. When we move to qualifying, I see everyone again.

This doesn't happen too much but it does happen from time to time.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back