Bathurst RD100 Boss vs Firebird @ mount Panorama 67 - Sun 13th October 2013

flyergtc76.jpg

Server name: 2 RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL

Class: GTC-TC-76 Boss302 Mustang ( Download ) vs Pontiac Firebird TA ( Download )
Track: MT Panorama 67 - 6.21km ( Download )

See Main Forum for Official Race Time Clock

Practice start time: GMT 19.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 19.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 19.30 (9 laps)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Practice start time: GMT 20:00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 20.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20.30 (9 laps)

Note1: CLUB RACING RULES Click them Please Read the rules.
Note 2: Only default liveries or the liveries that come with the mod please
Note 3: We are using the SIMBIN lobby for this event. See here how to switch lobby
Note 4: Odd Number Sign ups Race1 =Boss/ Race2 = Firebird TA Even number vice versa.
Note 5: We run Super-Pole qualification: You only get a single attempt to set a time
(1 Out-lap + 1 timed lap No In Lap, Press Escape). If you mess it up, tough luck!

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Entry List:
  1. Rupe Wilson Boss #28 / Firebird #3
  2. Hiroshi Awazu Firebird #88 / Boss #302
  3. Yves Larose Boss #14 / Firebird #2
  4. Warren Dawes Firebird #7728 / Boss #18
  5. Otto Neckel Boss #70 / Firebird #36
  6. Mike Bishop Firebird #8 / Boss #9
  7. Antonio Tavares Boss #18 / Firebird #200
  8. Ian strom Firebird #87 / Boss #45
  9. Allan Ramsbottom Boss #302 / Firebird #196
  10. Dave Flower Firebird #6 / Boss #8
  11. Hans Sneep Boss #102 / Firebird #92
  12. Steven Walker Firebird #196 / Boss #33
  13. Kjell Eilertsen Boss #99 / Firebird #7728
  14. Paul Bennett Firebird / Boss #1
  15. Ken Hunter Boss #2 / Firebird #88
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
Rules:
If you have not entered the server and driven a few laps with fellow drivers before we go to qually you are to late for that session. Please think of your fellow drivers get out on track with them watch how they drive,
you cant race with guys you have not seen drive. WE all brake a little different and drive the corners different , get used to how they drive and then we can all race safer.
if you drop out of the server during qually you can return

Pick your car : RED means the car is already chosen in a race
Blue means it used in both races and not available.

Boss Mustang: #1 #2 #8 #9 #14 #15#16 #18 #27 #28 #33 #37 #40 #45 #70 #83 #99 #100 #102 #302
Firebird Trans AM : #2 #3 #6 #8 #36 #87 #88 #92 #196 #200 #7728
you can pick a red number if it not used in the race you use the boss or TA (race 1 or race 2) odd and even nubers in the sign ups:)

This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Warren here in Quebec for the live broadcast of the F1 races when they go to commercial they split the screen so you still can see the whats going on in the race i can't beleive they haven,t thought of that at 7mate

@Ken Hunter
18 is already chosen please pick another that is not in blue or used in the first race
196 is already chosen for the second race pleas pick another car

Boss that are not available for the 1st race
#28 #14 #70 #18 #302 #102 #

Firebird you can not pick for race 2
#3 #2 #36 #200 #196 #92 #1

Boogity Boogity Boogity, great racing! :thumbsup:

With some practice before first race, I was able to start to feel more comfortable with the Mustang, and a place in the first line of the grid gave me some confidence for the race. I knew there were faster drivers behind me, but one thing is to get a fast lap and another to finish the race keeping a good pace without errors that give your opponents an overtake opportunity.
At the start there were some small contacts between the cars around me which I managed to avoid, and after first turn I was ahead with a comfortable gap. But despite having managed to maintain a very regular pace, Rupe and Warren eventually reached my rear, and it didn't take them very long to pass me. We finished in that order (I think?...) at very close distance.

Second race had no history, again I was 2nd in grid this time after Yves, and kept that position after exiting turn 1 to the end of the race. Yves was much faster and immediately stated to open a gap that was more than 20secs in the end of the race. But the Pontiac is much more fun to drive than the Mustang, and again I managed to do a very regular race while I was controlling the distance to the cars behind with xD. Not much fighting after first turn, but it's always nice to get a podium with a feeling of a race well administered - I think I probably did every lap in the same second.

That was indeed a blast, always exciting to thunder around Bathurst in big V8's, even if it was the older historic track. These cars turned out to be quite well matched here too, although each had it's strengths and weaknesses.

Race 1, Pontiac: I had great close racing all race. :D The two cars on the front row were a tad slow off the mark, resulting in some bunching as we approached turn 1, which turned into a bit of a mess. :( First up, apologies to Allan for the bump, but unfortunately I was given a push from behind (under brakes) which sent me across track a bit. Sorry mate, but not really my fault. :redface: At least I ended up straightening Rupe up on the exit, as he was in a spin from being tapped as well. :p
After we settled down, Antonio, Rupe and I (and Steven for a while) had some great close racing. Mostly we were nose to tail, but it was a good chance to see how the cars compared, as Antonio and Rupe were in Mustangs. They were clearly a bit quicker up Mountain Straight, and down Conrod Straight, but I had the edge over the top of the mountain and under hard braking at the end of Conrod. When Yves started to close in on our battle, Rupe decided it was time to get past Antonio, and on the second last lap, I found a pass over Skyline. We all bunched up again with lapped traffic, and I found a tiny opening on the last lap (over Skyline again) to sneak past Rupe. I was still worried about the Boss's speed down Conrod, so I threw the Trans Am through the Dipper and Forrest Elbow as fast as I dared. This gave me just enough gap to hold off Rupe and Antonio by the barest margin. Phew, what a battle but great racing. :thumbsup:

Race 2, Mustang: I really needed a bit more time (practice) to get to grips with the Boss around this track, it was more skittish than the Pontiac. However, it felt like I would be quicker, if only I could keep it under control.
Unfortunately, I botched Qualy, had a fast lap going until I spun it through Forrest Elbow, and knowing I had another car behind me, I quickly hit Esc. I then compounded the poor grid position by doing another of my infamous pirouettes off the line when dropping into 2nd gear, and spinning into the Pit Wall. :redface:
OK, now last and plenty to do. I had a great time threading my way through the field, including some top racing with most of the guys on the way. I had some gripping side by side charges down Conrod with a few guys, especially Steven and Allan. The one with Steve was memorable, we went the whole straight side by side, hurtling into the braking zone. Since I was on the inside, I decided to go for the brakes first and let Steve have the favourable line. However, Steve went hurtling past and down the escape road, oops. :p
My battle with Allan lasted about 3 laps, he wasn't giving up his podium spot easily. ;)
Grats to Yves for the win, and to Antonio for yet another well deserved podium.

Thanks Rupe, another enjoyable early morning event for me. :) Thanks to all who raced, and especially for the TS fun as well. The spirit in this group is unmatched elsewhere.

Last edited:
Wow what a race ..... Rally fun to watch i thought the Ekstrom and Priaulx were doing real good maybe thought they could win it at one point....:whistling:

Yeah it was a great race! great battle at the end there:thumbsup:

Now our race,

Don't have much to say just because i was pretty much on my own on R1 except for i was quite comfortable with the Firebird. Ran nice around Bathurst

R2 with the Mustang....a complete disaster for me. I just couldn't grasp it for this track :(, I lasted 4/5 laps, I hit something pretty much each lap, i ended up retiring because car was becoming undrivable i just wasn't feeling it with the Stang.

Practicing offline i was 12 to 14 seconds slower a lap in the Stang compared to my lap times in the Firebird. Hope i do better with the Stang at Moirana

Well its always good to go back to Mount Panorama and what better way than in a big V8
over the week i had been having fun driving my lap times were slowly coming down and found i was quicker in the Boss over the Firebird which was strange as it was the other way by about a second when i started. Yves was just on fire :notworthy:. Never thought id get close to his times but both me and Warren did get to within half a second but as they say lap times mean nothing in a race.

Ended up on pole for race 1 after Yves had a hiccup in qually but did not get of the line to well
as Warren said they ware a few little taps into turn 1 and i could see Antonio on the inside of me so i had to keep a wide line, And as Warren said he did straighten out my car (thanks mate)
so for a good few laps i just kept a close distance to Antonio with Warren hot on my heels,
the gaps went up and down over the laps each car had it strong points.
As i saw Yves was starting to get close it was time to go so a lap later i made my move and got a good run on Antonio and slipped by into the lead and again just tried to keep a nice gap to Antonio and Warren
With a lap or so to go there were cars spinning in front of me which made slow down and gave Warren his chance to close in. next thing i know Warren was real close and going by, No point doing silly things over the top of the mount and then tried hard to get a run on the final straight but it was not to be .. great fun all the same ....A ripper of a race...:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Race 2
took it easy in qually so i was near the front. As we set off i had to lift i got a peach of a start but with nowhere to go, again i had the outside line into turn 1 Allan slipped up the inside and me and Kjell
were neck and neck up the first long straight i held my inside line and followed Allan round the first lap just far enough behind as not to frighten him. As we got on the last straight Kjell had a run on me so i pulled to one side of the track so there was room for 2 we went side by side all the way down with Kjell just overlapping me but as we went into the brake zone we were close to Allens bumper going through the corner side by side only one car made it out and it wasn't me..
Kjell didn't see me on his outside and gave me a tap on exit as he drifted wide and i was in the barrier my steering was all messed up i tried to carry on but it just would not turn for the next corner. Race over time to hit escape...:(

He has said sorry that he didn't see me:thumbsup: But please be more observant when racing and remember we do this for fun. if you hit or knock another driver off track the golden rule is you wait for them to get going and then carry on racing..:)

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back