Bathurst RD100 Boss vs Firebird @ mount Panorama 67 - Sun 13th October 2013

flyergtc76.jpg

Server name: 2 RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL

Class: GTC-TC-76 Boss302 Mustang ( Download ) vs Pontiac Firebird TA ( Download )
Track: MT Panorama 67 - 6.21km ( Download )

See Main Forum for Official Race Time Clock

Practice start time: GMT 19.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 19.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 19.30 (9 laps)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Practice start time: GMT 20:00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 20.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20.30 (9 laps)

Note1: CLUB RACING RULES Click them Please Read the rules.
Note 2: Only default liveries or the liveries that come with the mod please
Note 3: We are using the SIMBIN lobby for this event. See here how to switch lobby
Note 4: Odd Number Sign ups Race1 =Boss/ Race2 = Firebird TA Even number vice versa.
Note 5: We run Super-Pole qualification: You only get a single attempt to set a time
(1 Out-lap + 1 timed lap No In Lap, Press Escape). If you mess it up, tough luck!

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Entry List:
  1. Rupe Wilson Boss #28 / Firebird #3
  2. Hiroshi Awazu Firebird #88 / Boss #302
  3. Yves Larose Boss #14 / Firebird #2
  4. Warren Dawes Firebird #7728 / Boss #18
  5. Otto Neckel Boss #70 / Firebird #36
  6. Mike Bishop Firebird #8 / Boss #9
  7. Antonio Tavares Boss #18 / Firebird #200
  8. Ian strom Firebird #87 / Boss #45
  9. Allan Ramsbottom Boss #302 / Firebird #196
  10. Dave Flower Firebird #6 / Boss #8
  11. Hans Sneep Boss #102 / Firebird #92
  12. Steven Walker Firebird #196 / Boss #33
  13. Kjell Eilertsen Boss #99 / Firebird #7728
  14. Paul Bennett Firebird / Boss #1
  15. Ken Hunter Boss #2 / Firebird #88
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
Rules:
If you have not entered the server and driven a few laps with fellow drivers before we go to qually you are to late for that session. Please think of your fellow drivers get out on track with them watch how they drive,
you cant race with guys you have not seen drive. WE all brake a little different and drive the corners different , get used to how they drive and then we can all race safer.
if you drop out of the server during qually you can return

Pick your car : RED means the car is already chosen in a race
Blue means it used in both races and not available.

Boss Mustang: #1 #2 #8 #9 #14 #15#16 #18 #27 #28 #33 #37 #40 #45 #70 #83 #99 #100 #102 #302
Firebird Trans AM : #2 #3 #6 #8 #36 #87 #88 #92 #196 #200 #7728
you can pick a red number if it not used in the race you use the boss or TA (race 1 or race 2) odd and even nubers in the sign ups:)

This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.

Last edited by a moderator:
you was looking real smooth out there Paul from what i saw in the practice, it looked like a big improvement.
You looked as if you were more confident in your driving.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

That reminds me if another driver enters the game
during the practice and you don't have the online set to always add new cars you might not see them when out on track so you will need to pit for the car to show up....
i normally have mine set correctly but last night it was back to
garage only.. (sorry Paul for the crunch)
3 times he was knocked off track in a attempt to practice.

I know it might cause a bit of lag for a second but you will otherwise have to pit. Its not the end of the world so please think about your fellow drivers .
you can always change it for qually if your worried about this messing up
your qually lap if somebody enters in that session.

But all please look out for this....:)

Last edited:
Firstly, while practicing for this event it occurred to me that the track was very narrow and that this could possibly hinder any overtaking, especially if someone wanted to hold the centre line, but I was pleasantly surprised again to find that everyone I came across stuck to one side or the other and allowed smooth overtaking by their competitors. Well done and thanks to everyone for that.
Secondly, I was fully expecting there would be carnage at the top of the mountain, especially the two chicanes, and again I found that my misgivings were unjustified. From my own viewpoint I only came across one accident there and there was plenty of room to pass by so it wasn't a big problem. Contrary to my beliefs the worst of the accidents that did happen seemed to be in the first and last corners.

My first race in the Firebird was fairly good as it turned out. I decided not to qualify as I wasn't very confident with the cars. I had spent so much time trying to get to grips with the Boss that I didn't get enough practice with the Firebird. Anyway, as the lights went out I got a flying start, straight into 4th place before the first bend and managed to keep it until I got caught and passed by Yves. From there it went downhill and had a couple of little mistakes. Normally these wouldn't have been too much of a problem but the final mistake happened at the top of the hill where I was right across the middle of the track. I could hear the competition coming so I had to reverse off the track and it took an age to get going again so a 6th place finish was all I could manage.

Race 2 was worse. Again I started from back in the Boss and as the lights went green I got another good start (my starts have been excellent recently) but the car in front had trouble getting going so I couldn't make my usual progress through the pack. Nevermind, it was the first lap on cold tyres. No rush really so I took my time and got a clean lap under my belt before pushing. Second lap and turn 1 I came upon @Ken Hunter and @Hans Sneep who were battling it out nose to tail. Luckily they saw me coming and stuck to the left (thanks guys) leaving the right hand side of the track clear. Unfortunately as I passed I got a fraction too wide and that bloody magnetic grass gripped me so I was struggling to get back on track when my braking point came up. How the hell I managed to keep it on track and get round that bend without crashing I'll never know. Apologies if I gave you a fright guys.:sneaky:
The next half dozen laps were all about keeping it safe and trying to remember to brake in plenty of time for the chicanes at the top of the mountain. By about lap 6 or 7 I had @Warren Dawes closing me down fast and on the run up through Conrod Straight we were side by side. OMG!:notworthy: My sphincter was winking all the way down to the braking point at the end. As we came over the crest into the breaking point I suffered from the green embrace again and only slightly got on the grass:mad:. While trying so hard to try and get off the grass and not hit Warren I saw him suddenly disappear out of the corner of my eye and just as suddenly realised I needed to brake NOW!:confused: The next 3 or 4 seconds was filled with the words :poop::poop::poop: going through my mind....... I had no chance. I hit the fence and for the rest of the race my wheel was at 10 past 8 and it was all I could do to finish the race.

Even though I wasn't very competitive and struggled a little with the cars (and grass) I had a great time. Teamspeak was a riot again and it all adds to the fun of the evening/morning. Congratulations to podium finishers and thanks to everyone else for an interesting race.

Rupe says
That reminds me if another driver enters the game during the practice and you don't have the online set to always add new cars you might not see them when out on track so you will need to pit for the car to show up....
i normally have mine set correctly but last night it was back to garage only.. (sorry Paul for the crunch)
3 times he was knocked off track in a attempt to practice.

I know it might cause a bit of lag for a second but you will otherwise have to pit. Its not the end of the world so please think about your fellow drivers .
you can always change it for qually if your worried about this messing up your qually lap if somebody enters in that session.

But all please look out for this....:)

Groucho Marx says
“Learn from the mistakes of others. You can never live long enough to make them all yourself.” :laugh:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back