Automotodrom Grobnik

Tracks Automotodrom Grobnik 2.71

Login or Register an account to download this content
And what about size? We don't all have 4T hard discs. And you keep geting them bigger and bigger. I would prefer some middle sized track, and to have many of them. Are they gonna bebigger in every version? :S

It's 84mb, that's not very big at all. I've downloaded some mods for AC that were 3-5 times that size. If you did have a 4T hard disc you could fit approximately 47,000 Grobniks on it.

It's a lot bigger AFTER unziping. Check it out. I don't know... it seems that this compression that AC is using is very bad. I remember, in the old days, when you zip "mas" file (used by F1 challenge, rFactor,...) you don't get much smaller sized file. But with this from AC - you do. But ok, perhaps no big deal. Maybe only for ...few of us.
We happy few.
We band of brothers.
A little poetry here and there couldn't hurt, right? :)

I know it's not his fault for lousy compressing option they decide to use.
But, like I said... he keep making them bigger and bigger in every version, so I just asking...
is there any chance that this size-rise (nice and catchy phrase, isn't it?) can be stoped ...somehow.
Anyway... we'll see what he has to say. If any. :)

As with most files, higher quality/more content results in larger file size. I'm certainly not going to ask him to reduce the quality of the track (or remove any of its content) just to save a few megabytes on my hard drive.

Track is getting batter and batter, as many of you requested. Thats why the track is bigger regarding space on hdd too. But come on, 200-300MB is a lot for you? These days?
I don't really get it. Some say they want progress (new stuff), then I hear that the track is too large? Just don't get it...
Never mind, I have some more plans with this great track, so I will disregard this issue that games19 wrote.

Last edited:
Ok, the what about weird looking 3D grass? It really look more like hay.
Maybe some colour match to your 2D grass layer bellow? And...
sorry if I offend you in some way, like I say, you can read my review (from version 1.1), here's quote:
gamer19
Version: 1.1 Simply the best!
Grobnik have such a cool layout and you've done a great job for this lovely game - AC. Mate... thank you so much, for having the blast down this beauty! You're real artist.
pozdravi from BeHa. ;)
Jan 19, 2015 Report
  1. Author's Response Thank you, really appreciate what you're saying. Pozdravi tudi tebi :) btw, full 3d terrain is comming, all what you can see. What about that?
...so you (or anyone else) can not say that I don't appreciate you hard work. This is one of my favorite track now and just try to give you my honest opinion. Didn't use bad language, didn't swear :))), just 2 simple and honest question. If that's too much for you... I'll keep it quiet from now. And maybe you should put it post that you don't need any not so perfect opinions. Just an idea.
And btw... it's not "only 200-300 mb", your track is not only for AC. I got them like ...50. Maybe closer to 60.
And AC is far from being the only game on my HD. Don't really have the strenght to uninstall legends like rFactor, GTR2, GT Legends, Race07, Game stock car. So it just pile up.
But, on second thought, since you won't listen my ...ideas anyway, you do what ever you want and I can use 1.1 or 1.2. They just good to me as 1.41.

Ok, the what about weird looking 3D grass? It really look more like hay.
Maybe some colour match to your 2D grass layer bellow? And...
sorry if I offend you in some way, like I say, you can read my review (from version 1.1), here's quote:

...so you (or anyone else) can not say that I don't appreciate you hard work. This is one of my favorite track now and just try to give you my honest opinion. Didn't use bad language, didn't swear :))), just 2 simple and honest question. If that's too much for you... I'll keep it quiet from now. And maybe you should put it post that you don't need any not so perfect opinions. Just an idea.
And btw... it's not "only 200-300 mb", your track is not only for AC. I got them like ...50. Maybe closer to 60.
And AC is far from being the only game on my HD. Don't really have the strenght to uninstall legends like rFactor, GTR2, GT Legends, Race07, Game stock car. So it just pile up.
But, on second thought, since you won't listen my ...ideas anyway, you do what ever you want and I can use 1.1 or 1.2. They just good to me as 1.41.

I think it's the way you presented your argument (part of which is down to the language barrier). You came across as very confrontational over a topic that is quite frankly not even worth discussing. Had you said something along the lines of "Man, great track but I'm running out of room to store everything. I need a new/extra hard drive." we wouldn't be having this discussion.

A track is a large object and takes up disk space, and nowadays you can buy a 1TB internal or external drive for pretty dang cheap. So the problem is not that the track is too big, but that you personally have chosen to not invest in a bit of extra hard drive space to house your massive game collection. This hobby cost money, we can either cough up a bit of coin for an additional hard drive or stop downloading new content. None of which is reason to criticize a track creator because his track is too big to fit in your limited storage devices.

Remember, he doesn't get paid to do this and is not obligated to make/improve this track or to make it fit on everyone's hard drive. Enjoy what he's made, and if it doesn't fit on your storage device then that's an end-user problem and not the problem of the track creator.

Last edited:
Huge money...
... for comparison, what costs money is my shifter gokart, not pc :)

And btw, that is a hay for real, not a grass (you see the golden color) - old school track.

Last edited:
All for AC :)
I like that (I do the same).
I only have 128 SSD, and will have to buy an additional one very soon, all because of AC. Thats the price we have to pay, and if we are honest to our selves, thats pretty cheat comparing to lots of other things.

Why do you guys have AC on SSD? I have 128GB SSD, but I have all games on HDD.
:alien: http://ocz.com/consumer/ssd-guide/ssd-vs-hdd
And this is the most important part, imho:
SSDs are Faster
SSDs can have 100 times greater performance, almost instantaneous data access, quicker boot ups, faster file transfers, and an overall snappier computing experience than hard drives. HDDs can only access the data faster the closer it is from the read write heads, while all parts of the SSD can be accessed at once.
I have a 240gb SSD and i'd delete my wedding pics off it to fit this track on.

Don't tell the wife though, thanks. :ninja:
It's not that I actually believe you but, ok, you made a nice joke! :thumbsup:

Yeah, I know SSD is a lot faster, but it doesn't matter in game. Maybe for loading track/car, but once you're driving, it doesn't matter.
I have programs on SSD (Windows, Photoshop, etc.), but games are on HDD :)

Hi guys, new build is coming up, this one is quite huge.
What will be new:
- complete new pit building (main two and some additional in the back of the pits)
- grids are moved 50 meters further (like in reality)
- airport with surrounding houses, which is close to the track (on south side)
- new guard houses around the track
- changed brake tables with 300, 200 and 100 meters
- added hey bails around the track (in blue and yellow color)
- changed tyres as safety fence (blue, yellow, white and black)
- new commercial boards around the track and pits
- fixed guard rail in 1st sector (out out 180 degree left hander, now closer to the road)
- fix and added many kind of 3d trees (the one that are really there)
- lots of small fixes

grobnik_7th_Feb.jpg

Last edited:
Mitja Bonca updated Automotodrom Grobnik with a new update entry:

Grobnik version 1.5

What`s new in version 1.5:
- complete new pit buildings (main two and some additional in the back of the pits)
- grids are moved 50 meters further and repositioned (now looks like in reality)
- added airport with surrounding houses and airplanes, which is close to the track (on south side)
- completely working starting lights (reds and green)
- new guard houses around the track
- changed brake tables with 300, 200 and 100 meters
- added hey bails around the track (in blue and yellow color)

Read the rest of this update entry...

2015_01_10_00004.jpg

The Automotodrom Grobnik Rijeka lies on the Croatian coast, in the mountains above Rijeka city. Circuit runs in an anti-clockwise direction with a total distance of 4.17 kilometres (2.59 miles) which includes a series of long straights and fast left-right sweeping corners.Track it self is because of that very challenging to drive, specially in a cars with a low downforce.

Although the circuit is approved by the FIM (Fédération Internationale de Motorcyclisme) and the FIA (Fédération Internationale de l’Automobile), the focus is mainly on training, testing and particularly on concerts which perfectly fit with the beautiful surroundings.

From 1978 to 1990 it hosted the Yugoslavian motorcycle Grand Prix races where ases like Roberts, Lawson, Rainey and other famous riders were winning.

Credits:
  • Author: Bojan Pintar (origianlly for rFactor), approved by him self
  • Conversion: Mitja Bonca
Track features:
  • 24 pitboxes (same number of grids) and working pitlane
  • fully working AI (which passes each other)
  • trackmap
  • brake marks (skidmarks)
  • 3 cameras
  • it feels like you are there for real :)
Download Automotodrom Grobnik here

Realy good job thanks ,.
I am new on the site ,and i love it
only track i realy mis ,is TOPGEAR track. that would be realy cool to have.

Mitja Bonca updated Automotodrom Grobnik with a new update entry:

Grobnik version 1.6

What`s new in version 1.6:
- fixed starting order on the grids
- fixed pits (since previous update there were a complete new pits, but now updated)
- added some planes on the airport and a (rescue) helicopter to the track (behind the pits)
- fixed some bumps on the road surface (specially in the Zagrebacki turn, before last one, on a special wish, since it was a bit exaggerated)
- changed grass textures (to look like its scorched) same goes for the trees
- changed tarmac texture (more...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 25 23.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 22 20.6%
  • Prizes

Votes: 20 18.7%
  • Trophies