Automobilista: V1.1 and Brit Pack Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Reiza Studios have (finally) released the latest update to Automobilista, bringing with it several enhancements to the simulation and the first ever paid DLC package in the form of the 'Brit Pack', featuring three new British circuits and eight new UK themed vehicles.

Initially planned for release towards the end of September, after some delays with the Steam DLC launch the Brit Pack is finally available to purchase, and contains a selection of rather epic British cars and circuits created in "close collaboration with the manufacturers and input from several of their respective real world drivers". As with most content found in Automobilista, the new cars and circuits benefit from the exceptional attention to detail, and, for the first time in Automobilista's history, laserscan data has been used to aid in the creation of Brands Hatch and Oulton Park.

Alongside the new DLC package, Reiza have also updated the base Automobilista simulation, bringing the title up to version 1.1 and adding several fixes and enhancements to the game.

1.10 Changelog
  • Added DLC system for purchase & ownership verification
  • Added Radio Spotter feature
  • Improved vehicled shaders & applied to all older cars along with skin adjustments
  • Added left / right driver seat configuration option to Ultimas and Caterhams; Caterham 270 & 360R now also have option to remove roll cage
  • Adjusted rear wing efficiency on Montana, StockV8, Boxer Cup, Superkart, Ultima GTR
  • Adjusted tires on F-V12, Montana, StockV8, Boxer Cup, Ultima GTR
  • Adjusted AI Torque Stab in all cars to reduce their excessive stability when in contact with player car
  • Added Vehicle Configuration menu to Vehicle Showroom
  • DynHUD: Improved Delta widget functionality in Time Trial mode
  • Updated vehicle shaders
  • Added new batch of community drivers
  • F-Vee: Main LOD optimization for better performance / lower memory load
  • Metalmoro: Main LOD optimization for better performance / lower memory load
  • Boxer Cup: Adjusted mirror position
  • SuperV8: Added configuration option for cockpit type

Brit Pack DLC Contents
Tracks
  • Brands Hatch (2 layouts)
  • Cadwell Park
  • Oulton Park (4 layouts)
Cars
  • Ultima GTR (road & race version)
  • F-Trainer (Novice & Advanced versions)
  • MCR Sports 2000
  • Caterhams - 270 (Academy series), 360R (Superlight Series), and the mighty 620R.

Automobilista is available for PC right now. The Brit Pack DLC is available to purchase on Steam for £14.99 or is free for beta backers and those with the Reiza Membership package. Steam are currently offering a 10% reduction in price until October 28th.

Automobilista Brit Pack DLC.jpg Automobilista Brit Pack 2.jpg Automobilista Brit Pack 3.jpg Automobilista Brit Pack 6.jpg Automobilista Brit Pack DLC 2.jpg Automobilista Brit Pack 4.jpg Automobilista Brit Pack 1.jpg

The Automobilista sub forum here at RaceDepartment is THE place to check out the latest news, engage in the hottest discussions, download the latest mods and join in the best Club and League racing events for the sim. Head over and join in the fun today!

Looking forward to the Brit Pack DLC for Automobilista? Which piece of content are you most interested to try? How are you finding the sim since it hit version 1? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well done to Reiza for getting this out the door. The FTrainers and the slower Caterhams are very raceable whatever your level and the three new tracks plus Patrick's Snetterton and Silverstone mean we are well on our way to having a great set of British tracks.

In love with the Brit Pack DLC... Downloaded at just gone midnight [UK], this morning had a good 1 1/2 hrs play with the new cars and circuits. Just plain simple AWESOME! Caterham 360R is a real nice racer, the 620R is pure hooligan :D

The three new tracks are very well done, certainly not lacking against the best from Assetto Corsa... Never realised how hilly Cadwell Park is...

Well done to Reiza for getting this out the door. The FTrainers and the slower Caterhams are very raceable whatever your level and the three new tracks plus Patrick's Snetterton and Silverstone mean we are well on our way to having a great set of British tracks.
Thanks Kevin.
Snetterton just released, as you said. Just check the mod section.
Another british track will come but not before some weeks. Very busy on my side

My go-to Sim.
I don't know what it is, but AMS has something i can't even explain. It gives me an enjoyment that i can't achieve with other Sims.
Thank you so much, Reiza :thumbsup:

It's that absolute ability to generate what a car does and feels like...you turn the steering wheel and the car responds as you'd expect. No gimmicks.
Much as I like and still play AC, it lost some of that after the 'new' tire model was introduced.
I've driven my share of Karts and race cars over the years, most are quite planted right up to the point you step over the limit of adhesion. It's like a switch.
Good job to Reiza.

Last edited:
Hmm what can I say.. its is brillant!! In every way..

not the most complete sim in terms like rain en offline and the better graphics but racing with this cars O man!.. Automobilista... the feel of the cars is soooo outstanding.. realy realy fun! Back to the old days of GPL :)
I hope in future Reiza can make more tracks from europeand more classes a old Nordschleife track in there future plans is my best hope
It would be nice a 1960`s Nurburgring with green fences.. like the old days!

Good job Reiza, love It;)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back