Automobilista: V1.1 and Brit Pack Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Reiza Studios have (finally) released the latest update to Automobilista, bringing with it several enhancements to the simulation and the first ever paid DLC package in the form of the 'Brit Pack', featuring three new British circuits and eight new UK themed vehicles.

Initially planned for release towards the end of September, after some delays with the Steam DLC launch the Brit Pack is finally available to purchase, and contains a selection of rather epic British cars and circuits created in "close collaboration with the manufacturers and input from several of their respective real world drivers". As with most content found in Automobilista, the new cars and circuits benefit from the exceptional attention to detail, and, for the first time in Automobilista's history, laserscan data has been used to aid in the creation of Brands Hatch and Oulton Park.

Alongside the new DLC package, Reiza have also updated the base Automobilista simulation, bringing the title up to version 1.1 and adding several fixes and enhancements to the game.

1.10 Changelog
  • Added DLC system for purchase & ownership verification
  • Added Radio Spotter feature
  • Improved vehicled shaders & applied to all older cars along with skin adjustments
  • Added left / right driver seat configuration option to Ultimas and Caterhams; Caterham 270 & 360R now also have option to remove roll cage
  • Adjusted rear wing efficiency on Montana, StockV8, Boxer Cup, Superkart, Ultima GTR
  • Adjusted tires on F-V12, Montana, StockV8, Boxer Cup, Ultima GTR
  • Adjusted AI Torque Stab in all cars to reduce their excessive stability when in contact with player car
  • Added Vehicle Configuration menu to Vehicle Showroom
  • DynHUD: Improved Delta widget functionality in Time Trial mode
  • Updated vehicle shaders
  • Added new batch of community drivers
  • F-Vee: Main LOD optimization for better performance / lower memory load
  • Metalmoro: Main LOD optimization for better performance / lower memory load
  • Boxer Cup: Adjusted mirror position
  • SuperV8: Added configuration option for cockpit type

Brit Pack DLC Contents
Tracks
  • Brands Hatch (2 layouts)
  • Cadwell Park
  • Oulton Park (4 layouts)
Cars
  • Ultima GTR (road & race version)
  • F-Trainer (Novice & Advanced versions)
  • MCR Sports 2000
  • Caterhams - 270 (Academy series), 360R (Superlight Series), and the mighty 620R.

Automobilista is available for PC right now. The Brit Pack DLC is available to purchase on Steam for £14.99 or is free for beta backers and those with the Reiza Membership package. Steam are currently offering a 10% reduction in price until October 28th.

Automobilista Brit Pack DLC.jpg Automobilista Brit Pack 2.jpg Automobilista Brit Pack 3.jpg Automobilista Brit Pack 6.jpg Automobilista Brit Pack DLC 2.jpg Automobilista Brit Pack 4.jpg Automobilista Brit Pack 1.jpg

The Automobilista sub forum here at RaceDepartment is THE place to check out the latest news, engage in the hottest discussions, download the latest mods and join in the best Club and League racing events for the sim. Head over and join in the fun today!

Looking forward to the Brit Pack DLC for Automobilista? Which piece of content are you most interested to try? How are you finding the sim since it hit version 1? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited by a moderator:
Our servers are busy. Here at RaceDepartment. The only place to to race in my opinion. We have very healthy online AMS racing. RRE and AC too. I don't do public servers as they are full of idiots and crashers.
I think not for USA evening times, though the passworded AMS Brazilian servers manage to eclipse rF2 servers briefly during our evening times.

I absolutely love this sim. I think it is very well done and provides one of the best driving experiences in sim racing. As Emery@ said, living in the eastern US, finding populated servers is a challenge at times. My middle age body can not hang all night to catch the more popular times though. Thats ok as to me the AI are a blast so far, some of the best I have seen. Sure they have their quirks, but I have not seen a better AI since NR2003.

Okay, so I've been away for a bit but I have still been paying attention to what's going on and have been looking forward to trying the new updates. I was a crowdfunding participant but I don't see how to unlock the new content. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Edit: never mind, it turns out it was because I never loaded the beta. All set now and I'm excited to finally try the formula trainer.

Edit 2: the new spotter is nice, the ffb is nice, the formula trainer is so nice. Brands hatch is nice. Oh Reiza, you did it again! Seriously, there is so much that feels right about the cars and physics! This is very similar to the first car I ever drove on a race track, and it seems so similar. You just need to do sonoma raceway and thunderhill.

Last edited:
I've been thinking more and more about this sim and think I'm going to do a review of it but was wondering if fans of this sim tend to have more experience?

The reason I ask is that I drove rF1 (and the other ISI motor-based sims) for years before ever studying vehicle dynamics and driving techniques and when I bought rF2 in the early days was blown away by the physics and ffb detail. It was not long after getting addicted to the Spark F1 in rF2 that I decided to begin studying and building skill.

The reason I bring this up is that, when I returned to rF1 after roughly a year of fairly intense learning, practice and league racing, it was like a different game! I understood so much better what the cars were doing and the cars were doing more because I was pushing them harder and changing caster makes a big difference and can even make the original ISI rF1 cars feel good.

So I wonder if AMS feels so good to me because I have experience but newer sim racers not so much?

And I'm new compared to true veterans, some of which still don't even use FFB at all :confused: and are plenty fast.

So I have no idea what AMS would have felt like to the inexperienced me.

And there is also the factor of just being old and generally less spoiled / manipulated by HW peddlers and video jockeys?

I've been thinking more and more about this sim and think I'm going to do a review of it but was wondering if fans of this sim tend to have more experience?

The reason I ask is that I drove rF1 (and the other ISI motor-based sims) for years before ever studying vehicle dynamics and driving techniques and when I bought rF2 in the early days was blown away by the physics and ffb detail. It was not long after getting addicted to the Spark F1 in rF2 that I decided to begin studying and building skill.

The reason I bring this up is that, when I returned to rF1 after roughly a year of fairly intense learning, practice and league racing, it was like a different game! I understood so much better what the cars were doing and the cars were doing more because I was pushing them harder and changing caster makes a big difference and can even make the original ISI rF1 cars feel good.

So I wonder if AMS feels so good to me because I have experience but newer sim racers not so much?

And I'm new compared to true veterans, some of which still don't even use FFB at all :confused: and are plenty fast.

So I have no idea what AMS would have felt like to the inexperienced me.

And there is also the factor of just being old and generally less spoiled / manipulated by HW peddlers and video jockeys?

Buy it on steam. Try it for 2 hours (less). Ask for a refund if you don't like it ( not a chance, it will blow you away)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 348 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 241 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 240 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 299 13.3%