Automobilista: V1.1 and Brit Pack Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Reiza Studios have (finally) released the latest update to Automobilista, bringing with it several enhancements to the simulation and the first ever paid DLC package in the form of the 'Brit Pack', featuring three new British circuits and eight new UK themed vehicles.

Initially planned for release towards the end of September, after some delays with the Steam DLC launch the Brit Pack is finally available to purchase, and contains a selection of rather epic British cars and circuits created in "close collaboration with the manufacturers and input from several of their respective real world drivers". As with most content found in Automobilista, the new cars and circuits benefit from the exceptional attention to detail, and, for the first time in Automobilista's history, laserscan data has been used to aid in the creation of Brands Hatch and Oulton Park.

Alongside the new DLC package, Reiza have also updated the base Automobilista simulation, bringing the title up to version 1.1 and adding several fixes and enhancements to the game.

1.10 Changelog
  • Added DLC system for purchase & ownership verification
  • Added Radio Spotter feature
  • Improved vehicled shaders & applied to all older cars along with skin adjustments
  • Added left / right driver seat configuration option to Ultimas and Caterhams; Caterham 270 & 360R now also have option to remove roll cage
  • Adjusted rear wing efficiency on Montana, StockV8, Boxer Cup, Superkart, Ultima GTR
  • Adjusted tires on F-V12, Montana, StockV8, Boxer Cup, Ultima GTR
  • Adjusted AI Torque Stab in all cars to reduce their excessive stability when in contact with player car
  • Added Vehicle Configuration menu to Vehicle Showroom
  • DynHUD: Improved Delta widget functionality in Time Trial mode
  • Updated vehicle shaders
  • Added new batch of community drivers
  • F-Vee: Main LOD optimization for better performance / lower memory load
  • Metalmoro: Main LOD optimization for better performance / lower memory load
  • Boxer Cup: Adjusted mirror position
  • SuperV8: Added configuration option for cockpit type

Brit Pack DLC Contents
Tracks
  • Brands Hatch (2 layouts)
  • Cadwell Park
  • Oulton Park (4 layouts)
Cars
  • Ultima GTR (road & race version)
  • F-Trainer (Novice & Advanced versions)
  • MCR Sports 2000
  • Caterhams - 270 (Academy series), 360R (Superlight Series), and the mighty 620R.

Automobilista is available for PC right now. The Brit Pack DLC is available to purchase on Steam for £14.99 or is free for beta backers and those with the Reiza Membership package. Steam are currently offering a 10% reduction in price until October 28th.

Automobilista Brit Pack DLC.jpg Automobilista Brit Pack 2.jpg Automobilista Brit Pack 3.jpg Automobilista Brit Pack 6.jpg Automobilista Brit Pack DLC 2.jpg Automobilista Brit Pack 4.jpg Automobilista Brit Pack 1.jpg

The Automobilista sub forum here at RaceDepartment is THE place to check out the latest news, engage in the hottest discussions, download the latest mods and join in the best Club and League racing events for the sim. Head over and join in the fun today!

Looking forward to the Brit Pack DLC for Automobilista? Which piece of content are you most interested to try? How are you finding the sim since it hit version 1? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited by a moderator:
AC is a game that reaches millions of people, is a game for a large audience. AMS reaches a specific audience, is an extremely focused in simulation, I guarantee you he will not sell millions of DLC's like AC. Thus one needs to charge a higher price to ensure the survival of one's own Reiza.

Game would have a larger audience without the potato graphics.

Ok guys, jut my 2 cents...we as sim racer spent a lot of money for our hardware, for our sims + dlcs (no matter how much cost them), so why being so harsh with AMS pricing?
I saw people spent their money for 3 monitors to feel inside a car but also moaning for a 19 euro dlc...seriously?
For me is a good price, especially after the hard work Reiza put on this...if you think their work can be valued 19,00 euro pay for this or live without it...
I have all the dlcs for AC but I am more happy for the Britpack, so for me 19 euro is ok...

...if you think their work can be valued 19,00 euro pay for this or live without it...
I have all the dlcs for AC but I am more happy for the Britpack, so for me 19 euro is ok...

Seems like people are living without it, as this dlc can only manage page 9 on steams top seller product, whilst pcars and assetto corsa dlcs occupied the steam top seller page 1 top 5 sold dlc for a few days running, whilst this dlc seems to slipping further down the line it was page 6 on launch last night, not good news.
http://store.steampowered.com/search/?os=win&filter=topsellers&page=9

Last edited:
Ok guys, jut my 2 cents...we as sim racer spent a lot of money for our hardware, for our sims + dlcs (no matter how much cost them), so why being so harsh with AMS pricing?
I saw people spent their money for 3 monitors to feel inside a car but also moaning for a 19 euro dlc...seriously?
For me is a good price, especially after the hard work Reiza put on this...if you think their work can be valued 19,00 euro pay for this or live without it...
I don't get all the complaints either, the season pass is not even expensive. And after all we "reward" the devs with our money and support. I know I won't use most cars there still bought it because the work Reiza is doing is excelent (wish AMS was 64bit tho, just that would have been made a huge difference). I wish Kunos did the same and did all what he said in his EA propaganda and AC was good enough to make me buy their DLC. Inb4 fankids whine.
So it's that simple, you agree you buy, you don't agree don't buy. :thumbsup:

I received this game for free because I had SCE. I bought the season pass and for me the price is very good for the extra content I'll receive, Brit pack, Formula Truck, Divisão 3, I'm happy with the Reiza pricing.

• Deleted member 130869

I'll do what I want, thanks. See, that was my opinion, and I'm just as entitled to speak it as everyone else is about the price.

But then you "attacked" the post by your statement of your definition of entitlement, when there are valid arguments for his position.

Seems like people are living without it, as this dlc can only manage page 9 on steams top seller product, whilst pcars and assetto corsa dlcs occupied the steam top seller page 1 top 5 sold dlc for a few days running, whilst this dlc seems to slipping further down the line it was page 6 on launch last night, not good news.
http://store.steampowered.com/search/?os=win&filter=topsellers&page=9

I don't care about other people, no matter how much the competitors are selling, if I like a product and I think the price is good I will buy it and I will be happy, why people wants to tell the others their idea is the only correct one?
I don't care about how many people play multy or buy the dlc...is pointless, no one is putting a gun against you, you aren't forced to buy it so I don't understand why you (not you, speacking in general) feel the urge to come here and told us happy customers the price is high...

I don't care about other people, no matter how much the competitors are selling, if I like a product and I think the price is good I will buy it and I will be happy, why people wants to tell the others their idea is the only correct one?
I don't care about how many people play multy or buy the dlc...is pointless, no one is putting a gun against you, you aren't forced to buy it so I don't understand why you (not you, speacking in general) feel the urge to come here and told us happy customers the price is high...
I'm not telling you anything I'm just replying to your comment, showing you that the dlc isn't selling well at all, not good News at all, enjoy your dlc.

ahah, that's so gross

shame

I hope they don't go on like this, because ads in games turn me off very quickly from games. That's some sub-Ubisoft or EA stuff right there.
Makes it easier to find if you cheapskates would bother to buy it :D

On a serious note, i've been hooked since i downloaded the pack yesterday. I know Brands hatch from AC and Cadwell and Oulton from PCARS, but together with the excellent representation of the new cars when it comes to physics/FFB/sound; all of the combos have been truly excellent. Just buy the season pass and you'll realize you are getting your moneys worth.

Can someone tell me how to get this DLC if your a Reiza bonanza backer? I've had no email or do I have to contact Reiza, I was a lvl4 backer and reading back my emails, backers should receive AMS + all DLC's?
Would appreciate if someone could point me in the right direction :thumbsup:

Yeah, will take a look, but how did other backers get the DLC? by email?.........any other backer received it?
Yeah, I just opened Steam, the download started, and then I had it. Any backer that has the game on Steam automatically gets the DLC as a free update.

And the content is just superbly done. I'm having such a blast with the new tracks and cars. Also having a hard time deciding which one I'm enjoying the most.

It's actually difficult to describe just how well done this sim is as an accurate simulation of real racing and car control. Job well done, Reiza.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 390 12.1%