Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM CLUB
Track: Curitiba
Practice: 19:00 GMT (30 minutes)
Qualification: 19:30 GMT (10 minutes)
Warm-up: No Warm up
Race: 19:40 (2x25 minutes)
Password: click here

Signup List
To signup simply press the button below and chat away in the thread below :)
[signuplist]262[/signuplist]

Good track for the minis. Had fun today.
R1 was my usual mid pack fight - finished 10th
R2 tho didnt go anywhere. Here i was, on the grid, Launch Ctl engaged and accelerator at max. Then the phone next to me suddenly rang and startled me. My finger slipped off
Launch Ctl button and the car shot forward hitting the car in front of me - sorry to whoever that was. I immediately hit ESC to get out of the race and out of everyones way. Too much coffee today I guess.

I hope you don't take this as an offense instead an opinion.
I don't really want to encourage the idea of this type of racing where the classes are very close to each other in laptimes because that could lead to frustration and incidents in a race especially when a slower driver in the faster class holds up the faster drivers in the slower class. Also I think we would need more drivers for multiclass racing because the more drivers we have in a race, the bigger is the chance for a good race for everyone (for example 6+6 field is very small for each class while 12 driver for one class is very good).
I'm saying this as a regular at iRacing in the Prototype & GT Challenge and also in the World Sportscar Series, they had/have 3 and 4 classes.
I signed up and I will sign up for these races because I love the V8 stockcars and I want to race with them but personally I think the quality of the BES mod is cr*p compared to the V8 cars (which is also an rF mod).
my 2 cents. :)

Club racing is just for fun, join us on teamspeak and laugh at Andrew running into the back of a slower car. :roflmao: I think it also builds good racecraft dealing with cars going a different speeds and different brake points. It should be interesting. It's not all about winning.

Last edited:
Really enjoyed the races tonight, had hell of a battle with with Domenic in R1 for most of the race, it was exhausting :thumbsup:
I was gonna give race 2 a miss, glad I didn't. Had a great start off the line, was in P3 by turn1, tried to keep Jarek at bay but he was all over me like a rash...he slipped past, then that led to one of the best race battles I've had the pleasure of being in, me, Stefan, Mick & Dave Slute all battling over 4th spot, it must have changed hands numerous times, all with great clean driving :notworthy::notworthy:
Finally managed to nick 4th after slip streaming Mick on the long straight, then drove like my life depended on it :laugh:
Great racing guys!

Probably the best racing I've had in RD today!
R1 I took a 3rd place finish which was my best to date :)
R2 I managed to qualify in p2 surprisingly come race time I was sitting on the grid with launch control enabled listening for the horn which never came next thing I knew 3 or 5 cars flew by me which resulted in the best pack racing I've had to date with 4 or 5 of others swapping places with well executed clean passes!
I had no idea who was in what position the entire race as my real time reference said I was in 16th place from the start and instead of guys in front being distinguished with xx sec gap it was using laps instead?
Overall excellent combo and love the mini as I gel quit well with it, I hope there's a s2 with it :)

@Bela Valko opinions and feedback are always appreciated, thanks. I get where you're coming from, but as my minions have said, it's just for fun, just something a little different. And for every time I hear people say they don't like the GT mod, another says they do, so this way we cater for everyone :) Hopefully when Reiza release the prototype (I can't wait!) we can try more proper multi-class racing.

Was in the middle back end of the pack for both races as I went wide and onto the grass on the first lap which costed me some places but the whole time, I was racing against guys swapping positions and was literally fighting for the whole 40 minutes.

Even in race 2, I was trying to get passed some guys and before I knew it, Dave was right up behind me when I literally had no idea he was there.

I remember checking half way into Race 2. I was around 11/12th position but only 4 seconds behind the car in 4th place. Was clean and close racing the whole way through!!

@Andrew James I'm not asking, I'm demanding!! :) The Clios on this track will be a blast. Especially with the reverse grid. I know not everyone likes the reverse grid but the fast guys will have a good battle going from the back of the pack to the front. At least, this combo needs to be brought back again. Top night of racing!!

2 great races and from what I could see from the back of the grid, clean races.
R1 qualified 11 but lost 3 places at the start due to poor positioning/defending.
Spent most of the race battling with Alberto but couldn't get past and then Srinath started attacking. Alberto went off lap 12 so then it was a case of keeping Srinath at bay. He made quite a few attempts up the inside but I held him off.
R2 qualified 15 but gained 3 places through others going off.
Long battle with Warren until he overtook Anestis then it was a battle with him.
Warren made a mistake on lap 9 so Anestis went in front then I was battling with Warren again for the rest of the race.
My new G27 hasn't made me any quicker though :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back