Automobilista 2 | Build 1.0.6 Available Now

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Reiza Studios have dropped a new build update for their Automobilista 2 racing simulation, adding two new and exciting pieces of content to the simulation.
  • BMW M6 GT3 added.
  • Ginetta G55 GT4 Added.
  • Physics and AI improvements.

Another impressive collection of updates and improvements have come the way of Automobilista 2 fans recently, with build update 1.0.6 of the simulation having dropped on Steam - and with it has come new content for good measure, in the form of the BMW M6 GT3 and Ginetta G55 GT4 cars - further expanding these popular classes within the title.

To be fair, AMS 2 is currently already rather rich in content, so perhaps the most interesting aspect of this build release is yet further refinements to the AI and physics within the title - two areas where it would be fair to say Reiza Studios need to apply the most polish, so hopefully this new build represents yet another step in the right direction for the popular Brazilian development team.

AMS 2 Middle.jpg

AMS 2 V1.0.6 Update Notes:

Content

• Added BMW M6 to GT3 class
  • Added Ginetta G55 to GT4 class
UI / HUD
  • Fixed issue where too much chat history was played back in some instances
  • Seat adjustment input is now continuous (hold to move)
  • Adjusted various background image anchors to improve display on 16:10 and triple screen
Physics & AI
  • Slightly increased longitudinal slip in Cup / Stock 2020 / Proto P3-P4 tires
  • Stiffened sidewalls for GT / Stock / Proto tires
  • Revised default tyre pressures & ranges for all cars (closer to optimal and / or as per real series regulations – requires setup reset to default)
  • Adjusted default steering lock / ratio for GT3 / GT4 cars to more accurate values (requires setup reset)
  • Revised Balance of Performance for GT3 / GT4 class
  • Revised brakes for GT3/GT4 cars
  • Corrected tyre tread width for Porsche Cayman Clubsport (265mm front / 305 mm rear), Porsche 997 3.8 Cup (275mm / 315mm)
  • Revised Porsche Cup aero, adjusted default roll bars
  • Reduced front splitter downforce dropoff with yaw in all GT/ Stock Cars
  • Fixed missing wet tire compound for Camaro GT4R
  • Adjusted Camaro GT4R suspension
  • Adjusted Copa Montana center of gravity height
  • Revised Procar, Group A, Ultima Race baseline damper rates
  • Fixed Ultima race front left, rear right fast damper ranges incorrectly available
  • Improved rear efficiency, reduced Group A rear brake torque
  • Adjusted FFB max force for F-Vee, Procar, Mini, Stock Car 2020, GT3, GT4 cars
  • Callibrated tire temperature color display range (correcting errors with some tires not displaying correct colors for optimal / overheat tires)
  • Adjusted rear wing efficiency for Stock2020, Montana
AI
  • Further smoothing out of AI lateral transitions to reduce jerkiness/weaving/abrupt lane changes
  • Added logic to prevent AI slowing on track after returning from partially outside track limits
  • Added logic for AI to be more reactive and switch switch behaviors more often
  • Initial steps to reduce the impact of small Front-to-Rear collisions between AI (as seen at race starts especially with vehicles of differing performance)
  • Reduced range of AI variation from ideal racing line
  • GT3, Porsche Cup, P4, P3, P2, F3 callibration pass
  • Minor AI aggression scalar adjustment for GT cars
  • Further wet weather callibration passes for all GT / Stock / Proto cars
Audio
  • Adjusted Mclaren 720s tire skid volume
  • Lowered tranny whine given enigne sounds feature them prominently
Tracks
  • Nurburgring: Various fixes for LODding / Z-Fighting issues; Corrected a few trackside ads;
  • Added proper groove to 24hr layout; trimmed roadverge excess polys; Various crowd corrections; Various texture updates; further correction to trackside shimmering cameras; minor optimization pass
  • Kyalami: New AIW pit lane path (fix AI hitting pit wall when leaving pit box, improved merge to the main path at T1); Relax track cut limits on some runoff areas; Minor performance, art pass & LOD fixes
  • Interlagos: Fixed floating pit box lines
  • Campo / Curvelo: Adjusted flag LOD range
  • Montreal Historic: added missing HUD map
Vehicles
  • Porsche Cayman GT4 – Fixed red cockpit material issue
  • Fixed lights for Fusca (all variants) + wiper UV mapping fix (HC1/HC2)
  • Adjusted brake glow ranges for carbon brakes (player & AI)
  • Camaro GT4R: Fixed missing RPM LEDs

Original Source: Reiza Studios.

AMS 2 is available now, exclusive to PC.

Check out the AMS 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for a great community resource to help you maximise your experience within the simulation.

AMS 2 Footer.jpg

Last edited:
Loving the BMW, really good job! Although, does seem to have the same lack of brake force some of the other GT3's first came with, mind you knowing Reiza There will be an update and fix already making its way to steam right now or INF. Have to hand it to them, they are nice to us, giving us tones of free cars and releasinging paid DLC to the public for a week just to test out before it becomes paid content, like they did with Nurburg GP, can't think of many Dev's that do that. Oh, turns out the Caymans dont have to be an ocean of understeer aswell, after some tweaking!

always the same FFB problem...i have a very good FFB on rF2 (the must) ACC, iracing or R3E but ams2 impossible to have something good i don't understand...pcars syndrome?
For me FFB is best on AMS2 than any other sim. I did spend a lot of time tweaking the settings with Sim Commander software. Maybe I found a good combination for AMS2.

As for the update...I have not played AMS 2 for the last 1 or 2 updates due to injured arm and foot, and finally got to play for a couple of hours today, racing the GT3 cars :). I have to say, I actually thought the AI did very well. I even tried to get in their racing line to see if they would do the famous violent punt, and they stayed in their lane. I had a great battle for first on Nürburgring, and 2 great battles for last on Brands Hatch. The AI actually pressured me into making a mistake on the last turn. I never enjoyed flying off the track so much. It also seems like light taps from the AI are no longer sending you flying. So far this update has been fantastic.

I did like the BMW, but think I need to tinker with it a bit as I felt like it has some understeer at default, and the braking seemed a little on the weak side.

Keep up the good work Reiza. Most of us are noticing.

Last edited:
For me it FFB is best on AMS2 than any other sim. I did spend a lot of time tweaking the settings with Sim Commander software. Maybe I found a good combination for AMS2.

As for the update...I have not played AMS 2 for the last 1 or 2 updates due to injured arm and foot, and finally got to play for a couple of hours today, racing the GT3 cars :). I have to say, I actually thought the AI did very well. I even tried to get in their racing line to see if they would do the famous violent punt, and they stayed in their lane. I had a great battel for first on Nürburgring, and 2 great battles for last on Brands Hatch. The AI actually pressured me into making a mistake on the last turn. I never enjoyed flying off the track so much. It also seems like light taps from the AI are no longer sending you flying. So far this update has been fantastic.

I did like the BMW, but think I need to tinker with it a bit as I felt like it has some understeer at default.

Keep up the good work Reiza. Most of us are noticing.
Very much so noticing! A.I. getting better and better with every update, and i think the pattern shows they are gunna shape up to be very well refined in future! Personally ive found the FFB, very, very good! I wonder TShrimp, what wheel are you using? I'd stay away from that new damper setting if you're on anything realsonably modern and capable, think its designed for low budget wheels, which may be a bit clunky, especially if gear driven

Very much so noticing! A.I. getting better and better with every update, and i think the pattern shows they are gunna shape up to be very well refined in future!

I'm finding people who think the AI maintains its line whilst cornering an absolute mystery. Doesn't appear to be happening for me. Maybe one of your videos can show this great cornering AI behaviour with you present in the same corner? I am not seeing it. They fixed the random weaving down the straights admittedly, but cornering awareness still seems rather poor to me.

I'm finding people who think the AI maintains its line whilst cornering an absolute mystery. Doesn't appear to be happening for me. Maybe one of your videos can show this great cornering AI behaviour with you present in the same corner? I am not seeing it. They fixed the random weaving down the straights admittedly, but cornering awareness still seems rather poor to me.
Yep the weaving is much better! They did still cut in on me at Hockenhiem last time i was there, but not tried an A.I. race since this update, now off to do so, and yes, I'll try get an A.I. focused video out v soon, bit knackered from editing the two today though so quick A.I. race and bed for me. Someone mentioned they have regressed at Nurburg GP, so gunna try there.

Techically the default settings should work, but they don't, reason we have to comb inet for custom presets.
Not sure I agree with this. With so many different wheels and setups, I don't see how it is possible for any sim to have FFB that is great for every single piece of hardware. Now combine that with the fact that FFB feeling is subjective, and just don't see how the default settings could work for everyone.

But I digress. In my opinion this sim should still be labelled at Early Access. To me a "long term project" is one that is working well but lacking certain features and content, which get added over time once complete and bug free. Early Access is a beta, an incomplete product that can and will contain bugs and issues as it develops. That's what AMS 2 is and I think it should be labelled appropriately rather than be sold as a complete product.

According to you, all the current sims are in Early Access and should be advertised as incomplete

Ok then
:rolleyes:

Ive got AM2 one week ago so i am new at that sim.

Now i have an general question especially to VR-users.
I use the Oculus Rift S and on some servers it happens that the mirrors do not work.
The reflexion is not shown and instead of that there is kinda white area.

My collegue with same setup has also same problem.
Is this a bug and also exist in non VR?
Is there maybe an solution for that?

Techically the default settings should work, but they don't, reason we have to comb inet for custom presets.
The default settings do work great for some people, and the custom settings, you find on the internet, work great for some people. The problem is that there are a ton of different wheels on the market, and ffb, as stated many times on these and other forums is a personal taste thing. Getting settings that work for every wheel and driver is pretty much impossible, that's why you can find some people praising, and some people grumbling about the ffb in every simulator on the market.

Thankyou so much for that suggestion! I have just had the best time! Was going to bed, but its been so good its now 2.5 hrs later, Definately doing some vids tomorrow, will post results. Awsome! Nice One Reiza!!!!

• Deleted member 197115

Not sure I agree with this. With so many different wheels and setups, I don't see how it is possible for any sim to have FFB that is great for every single piece of hardware. Now combine that with the fact that FFB feeling is subjective, and just don't see how the default settings could work for everyone.
Hmm. Looking at Kunos. :cautious:

Probably even need to quote ACC/AC dev
pankykapus said:
As mentioned before by Aris and Stefano, we have no product-specific code going on in the FFB, hell we barely have an FFB code, the whole point is to transmit the physics without any artificial tinkering. You highly overestimate our capacities if you think we have time to write code for specific hardware (apart from supporting LED features but that’s not exactly FFB).

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 19.4%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.4%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.4%
  • Forum trophies