Automobilista 2 | Build 0.9.3.2 Hotfix Is Here

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Reiza Studios have put together another new hotfix update for their Automobilista 2 racing simulation - addressing several minor issues within the title.

Developed as something of a follow up to the large 9.3.1 release late last week, Reiza Studios have not let something as insignificant as the weekend get in the way of progress, as the Brazilian team quickly go about addressing some of the issues that crept into the game as part of the most recent weekly build update.

Key change for this large hotfix deployment is of course the many varied AI enhancements that have been brought to the simulation, as Reiza continue to refine and tweak what is rapidly becoming an improved implementation of the computer artificial intelligence within the title.

Update 0.9.3.2 Update Notes:
  • Fixed bug causing only Stock Car V8 cars to load when attempting a multiclass race with it
  • Added option to switch autoclutch and auto gears On / Off from Gameplay screen (previously in Controls screen only)
  • Fixed series livery assignment in multiplayer and multi-class events
  • Fixed selected state of brake bias option in IBM
  • Reduced AI brake power in non-formula cars
  • Reduced AI Throttle application variation with AI skill
  • Adjusted AI speed sensitiviity relative to car in front (improves start / 1st lap performance)
  • Adjusted F3 & AJR, Ultima Race aero yaw sensitivity
  • Adjusted Opala 1986 & Hotcar tire physics
  • Fixed Opala wheelbase error
  • Fixed Sigma P1 windshield flickering in cockpit view

Original Source: Reiza Studios

AMS 2 is available now in Steam Early Access.

If you need help and support getting the most from AMS2, start a thread in our AMS2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment and let our great community help you out.

AMS 2 Footer.jpg

To be fair: rf2 has a pretty decent - if not the best - if set up correctly.
AMS2 AI is still in its infancy and you notice it, it's hit & miss with the AI.
But I have hope that it'll improve a lot.

They don´t slipstream pass though in rF2, just sit there behind, tapping their brakes. Run anything with brake lights and you´ll see it. A complete immersion killer.
I´m building a track with some long straights for AMS, was thinking about making it for rF2, but unless they sort that out I most probably wont.
If I can´t get overtaken on the straights doing an offline AI race, what´s the point?
It has always been an ISI motor flaw, in everything: F1C, rF1, Race 07, GTR2, GSCE and rF2, but Reiza devoted some time late in AMS1´s development to cracking it and to their immense credit they did, with major code changes. Would be nice if S397 even acknowledged it and attempted to do the same.

When you delete that folder, you lose all settings, controller configs, FFB profiles, car setups, and anything else you have tweaked or personalised. And that, gentlemen, is the entire point of doing it. It has been proven time and again during AMS 2's EA period that people having issues with [XYZ] have not bothered to do this because they're too lazy to set their game up again (takes all of 5 minutes). After finally taking the hint and removing the folder, their issue is "magically" fixed.

If you actually read the official blurb on these updates, Reiza themselves have said this should be done on multiple occasions. It's also their first suggestion for bug fixing. It is in no way "counter-productive" since AMS 2 is not a full game yet, is still in active development, and is still seeing vast changes from patch to patch. Any EA/Beta developer would suggest doing the same thing.

By all means ignore both their advice and ours, but don't get angry when you end up with issues few others seem to be having.

Here is something. How about this ? Programmer finds an issue with a previous deployment. Programmer fixes issue, which may be unrelated to personalization the end-user may have configured. Programmer creates a routine that states " walk directory structure and delete files list. Copy new files to proper location". End-user doesn't have to get involved. Automation is your friend.

Here is something. How about this ? Programmer finds an issue with a previous deployment. Programmer fixes issue, which may be unrelated to personalization the end-user may have configured. Programmer creates a routine that states " walk directory structure and delete files list. Copy new files to proper location". End-user doesn't have to get involved. Automation is your friend.
It sounds a bit too advanced (and therefore way too expensive) to be included in a commercial racing game.
If we were talking more professional racing sims I guess it would be possible.:sneaky:

Nobody, and I never said anyone was. But the number of people who start raging about issues they've created for themselves by not following very simple official advice gets very old. How many times is this because of old FFB files? How many times because of an old and now incompatible car setup? How many times because they've not reset the baseline? Etc etc etc.

Like I said, it takes all of five whole minutes to set things back up exactly as you had them before. That's hardly an excessive amount of time which limits your ability to drive, unless you happen to only do one ten minute stint between each patch?

But like I said, do what you like. When you have issues, don't blame Reiza.
I've run AMS 2 just once I think and I went through setting things up. I use voice controls and TrackIR and I usually customise the controls for voice etc, just so I can use the same commands for mirrors, pits etc across sims. I've installed the update and deleted local files and I'll recreate the profiles using the defaults so I don't need to customise so much every time there's a patch. From experience I should have known deletion of local files was required after any major update - with Raceroom its par for the course. Anyway thanks for the tips - I'm going to try the sim out properly now I think..

n00b questions:
Is there a virtual mirror? EDIT - never mind its in one of the HUD layouts...
Does NVIDIA GeForce Experience overlay for showing FPS work here or do I need to use FRAPS? Or is there something in-game I haven't seen?
I don't see the Super Trucks with tracks for jumps - I guess those are either not to be included or will be DLC perhaps?

Last edited:
n00b questions:
Is there a virtual mirror? EDIT - never mind its in one of the HUD layouts...
Does NVIDIA GeForce Experience overlay for showing FPS work here or do I need to use FRAPS? Or is there something in-game I haven't seen?
I don't see the Super Trucks with tracks for jumps - I guess those are either not to be included or will be DLC perhaps?
Option → Gameplay → Display → HUD Level “Full”
This HUD includes virtual mirror.

Option → Gameplay → Display → HUD Level “Full”
This HUD includes virtual mirror.
The 'Madness Engine' HUD setup is a bit confusing. Is it possible to have the HUD include the proximity indicator without the tyre temp indicators or at least those appear to be groups together when flipping through the various HUD options. And can I not create a custom HUD layout that might include a track map and proximity indicator in a place and size that I like?

Brakes are broken even with 0 sensitivity. I've done 0 sensitivity and 50 brake pressure and I'm still scared to touch brake pedal.
Im not defending anything here but if brakes are broken then it must be very car dependent.
Im using the formula V10/V12 and the brakes are more or less spot on.
I use 95% pressure in the V10 and 80% in the V12 (or maybe the other way around.
The sensitivity setting does only change the law/curve for the braking seen in relation to your % of pressing the pedal.
50% is linear.
My experience is that 0 or 100% is uncontrolable.

I wouldn't call it specifically "fixed".
The brake curve was improved recently by quite a lot, to deliver better possibilities for modulations on the brake pedal, but it's still weird for some cars IMO.
It's indeed way better to modulate the brakes now and lowering brake pressure in the setup helps, but with cars like the Super V8, i have the feeling, that Reiza is still in a learning process with the new foundation, on how to apply better configurations in this department.
Horses for courses. I can stamp on the brakes now. So for me it's fixed!

Here's the thing though, supposing I need to delete that directory after each update what then happens to any control profiles I have created? And where does it officially state that you need to do this after every update? It sounds a bit counter productive to me. I get the point, and the same concept applies to a major update for many sims, it just seems a bit awkward is all...
It's common knowledge over at the Reiza forums. And yes, it's massively counter productive and a colossal pain in the a**. But it's what you have to do. If you don't want to that's cool, you can then proceed to not get the best out of it and probably never use it because it's "useless", and then you'll have just wasted your money. OR, delete the folder each week when a new update drops and just take it on the chin like the rest of us in the Beta group are doing. It takes about 5 minutes to setup your controller and graphics profiles.

Then also speak for yourself, please. Horses of courses. ;)
Will do! I'm enjoying it.

Also, it's horses FOR courses.

@Goffik Thank you and well put. It's so simple, but it seems that its just easier to leave everything the way it is and complain. As you said, it takes all of about 5 minutes - max!

Agree . Brakes are broken even with 0 sensitivity. I've done 0 sensitivity and 50 brake pressure and I'm still scared to touch brake pedal.
Delete your My Documents/Automobilista 2 folder. The game is in EA. There are going to be a million updates, for the foreseeable future if you want to get the benefits of the brake pressure being fixed you'll need to follow Reiza's guidance, which is... Every update, delete that folder and start again.

AI are just a tad too aggressive now. Am seeing more AI pileups in corners when they're bunched together, usually one pileup per race. They're also hitting me from behind when I'm slightly overbraking, kind of like their braking utilization got better rather than worse? Yeah, I know, go delete the folder and try again :thumbsdown:

...you'll need to follow Reiza's guidance, which is... Every update, delete that folder and start again.
I’m fairly certain Reiza has stated deleting your Documents\AMS 2 folder was necessary no more than three times, and I think possibly just twice. Deleting the folder is, of course, among the very first things that should be done for troubleshooting issues with any of the EA releases. To be clear though, Reiza has not stated that you should arbitrarily be deleting your Documents\AMS 2 folder with every new EA release. At least not in the release notes accompanying each new version.

I’m fairly certain Reiza has stated deleting your Documents\AMS 2 folder was necessary no more than three times, and I think possibly just twice. Deleting the folder is, of course, among the very first things that should be done for troubleshooting issues with any of the EA releases. To be clear though, Reiza has not stated that you should arbitrarily be deleting your Documents\AMS 2 folder with every new EA release. At least not in the release notes accompanying each new version.
We were recommended as it reduced possible issues.

He said " It is fixed for me" What part of that did you not see as " speaking for himself" or are you just trying to be antagonistic? :sneaky:
Wow, we have a badass action over here :)
->
The brake issue was fixed a few updates ago.
<-
It was referring to his first post. Next time, read the full conversation, before being smart (and assuming any of my intentions without knowing me).^^

Last edited:
Like I said, it takes all of five whole minutes to set things back up exactly as you had them before. That's hardly an excessive amount of time which limits your ability to drive, unless you happen to only do one ten minute stint between each patch?

While I wont complain about resetting the config, I had to do that with ACC in EA several times, too, I have to disagree with your 5 minutes setting up claim.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I need 5 min alone to setup all the buttons of my wheel. And even though I do make screenshots of the car setups, just putting in the same values again does not give you the same setup, just a baseline to start with at best, which is not that surprising after physics changes. So after this fix I fiddled with the setup of the V8 super car for maybe half an hour alone until it felt right again. Doing this for several cars after every update would seriously cut into my driving time, so usually I only test one or two cars after a new update.

Having said that, I'd rather put some time into configuring than having to wait longer for fixes because they're wasting their time writing config conversion scripts. It's EA at last, so nobody should expect a polished gaming experience.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back