Automobilista 2 | Build 0.9.3.2 Hotfix Is Here

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Reiza Studios have put together another new hotfix update for their Automobilista 2 racing simulation - addressing several minor issues within the title.

Developed as something of a follow up to the large 9.3.1 release late last week, Reiza Studios have not let something as insignificant as the weekend get in the way of progress, as the Brazilian team quickly go about addressing some of the issues that crept into the game as part of the most recent weekly build update.

Key change for this large hotfix deployment is of course the many varied AI enhancements that have been brought to the simulation, as Reiza continue to refine and tweak what is rapidly becoming an improved implementation of the computer artificial intelligence within the title.

Update 0.9.3.2 Update Notes:
  • Fixed bug causing only Stock Car V8 cars to load when attempting a multiclass race with it
  • Added option to switch autoclutch and auto gears On / Off from Gameplay screen (previously in Controls screen only)
  • Fixed series livery assignment in multiplayer and multi-class events
  • Fixed selected state of brake bias option in IBM
  • Reduced AI brake power in non-formula cars
  • Reduced AI Throttle application variation with AI skill
  • Adjusted AI speed sensitiviity relative to car in front (improves start / 1st lap performance)
  • Adjusted F3 & AJR, Ultima Race aero yaw sensitivity
  • Adjusted Opala 1986 & Hotcar tire physics
  • Fixed Opala wheelbase error
  • Fixed Sigma P1 windshield flickering in cockpit view

Original Source: Reiza Studios

AMS 2 is available now in Steam Early Access.

If you need help and support getting the most from AMS2, start a thread in our AMS2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment and let our great community help you out.

AMS 2 Footer.jpg

Yeah sorry for all this guys. I just get frustrated with folks moaning about stuff and them not even attempting to delete folders, as we have been advised to do if we run into problems.
I don't think, you have to be sorry. It's true and important to know ^^'

No matter if partially or fully fixed issues, it's defo fact, that removing the documents AMS2 folder is solving some hickups, that can occur with all the tweaks. Especially FFB and Input related stuff. (It's not even AMS2 exclusive :D )

Last edited:
No doubt, for best results; refreshing the AMS2 player folder after an update is a good practice. Especially if it hasn't been done in while or after a big update. We've seen many cases where it made all the difference in solving issues. If something seems off or goes counter to other user-reports, it's the first step to take.

You directly quoted his post with your response.
View attachment 376411
Because my message got deleted, here again a bit more on-topic contextual clarification, what lead to this:

It seems, my quotation was confusing, because it was an answer to his post, but related to his first post about the brake issue being universally fixed for everyone.
Because this was not totally the case for everyone, but it was stated "it was fixed", i refered to that.
You already got confirmation, i'm not antagonistic against this user or having any hostile tendencies, it's pretty interesting, to get a judgement like this.^^

The brake curve issue of AMS2 is a very car dependent special one and needs work. Cars in this engine always suffer from terminal understeer under braking (not the normal overcooking under turn-entry), pretty pronounced when softer brake pedals are in use. (I use a mid-pre-loaded CSP V3 loadcell, so it's more like an MX-5 Cup, than a Formula or Super V8 for example) The brake curve was improved but still shows some problems while modulating the brakes in some cars. (Super V8 on Adelaide for example)

AMS2 is the only sim, where i reduce my brake pressure to values under 80%, to get modulation on a wider margin. So it's NOT fixed. It's improved and this not for everyone, even with removing user data.

Mod Edit: Got a complaint? Take it up with the staff. Public posts are not the place.

Last edited by a moderator:
Now if they could adjust AI qualifying times in some tracks/car combos... I was trying Jacarepagua in the 1980's Formula cars, and it was a little disappointing to do around 1:29s (around Time Trial world record), and see the AIs all doing 1:24s.....

I have won a few races in AMS2 by pressing the accelerator to ridiculous limits in corners where (in reality) I should have gone off track.

It just followed the line of the AI that behaves as if there is no gravity.

You have to have faith in Reiza, I hope that the game follows the line of RF2 or ACC, without a doubt the best simulators in physics and AI.

I think getting out of the ghosts of the Madness Engine is more difficult than first thought.

I have won a few races in AMS2 by pressing the accelerator to ridiculous limits in corners where (in reality) I should have gone off track.

It just followed the line of the AI that behaves as if there is no gravity.

You have to have faith in Reiza, I hope that the game follows the line of RF2 or ACC, without a doubt the best simulators in physics and AI.

I think getting out of the ghosts of the Madness Engine is more difficult than first thought.
I'm worried that cars have been deliberately made easier to drive than their AMS counterparts. I can't help wondering if this sim will end up on console and they want it to appeal to drivers of all skill levels. I guess only time will tell. :(

I'm worried that cars have been deliberately made easier to drive than their AMS counterparts. I can't help wondering if this sim will end up on console and they want it to appeal to drivers of all skill levels. I guess only time will tell. :(

I don't know if it's deliberate, but there is admittedly massive grip under certain conditions. The way you can take some of these cars over curbs and how sharply they respond to the steering, it sometimes feels like the tire is coping way too well with the load. Just by comparing historic cars between AMS 2 and rF2, there is a huge difference in how little grip the rF2 cars have, yet they are often times more controllable. Well, this went a bit off topic, but IMO FFB is always related to core physics, once physics are accurate it also typically leads to better FFB.

I don't know if it's deliberate, but there is admittedly massive grip under certain conditions. The way you can take some of these cars over curbs and how sharply they respond to the steering, it sometimes feels like the tire is coping way too well with the load. Just by comparing historic cars between AMS 2 and rF2, there is a huge difference in how little grip the rF2 cars have, yet they are often times more controllable. Well, this went a bit off topic, but IMO FFB is always related to core physics, once physics are accurate it also typically leads to better FFB.

Perfect description, but most of the sim racers seems to be ‘experts’ about FFB with absolutely no experience in driving any kind of car near the limit IRL.

Perfect description, but most of the sim racers seems to be ‘experts’ about FFB with absolutely no experience in driving any kind of car near the limit IRL.
I don't really see how comparing cars in two simulations is showing any more "expertise" than anyone else in this thread though? At no time have I seen any real racing driver with actual experience of the featured cars post his/her opinions on AMS 2's physics or FFB on RD.

I don't really see how comparing cars in two simulations is showing any more "expertise" than anyone else in this thread though? At no time have I seen any real racing driver with actual experience of the featured cars post his/her opinions on AMS 2's physics or FFB on RD.

So how everyone can understand if something is good or bad about FFB?

So how everyone can understand if something is good or bad about FFB?
You seem to be confused as to whether we're talking about FFB or physics.

As has been said on numerous occasions, FFB is subjective. It's "good" if it is giving the driver the information they want and need. It's "bad" if it isn't. Therefore, "good" or "bad" FFB is going to be a matter of opinion based on what information the driver wants/needs from his/her wheel. That is why there are two sides to the FFB argument is every single sim ever made, the side who like the FFB and the side who don't. AMS 2 is no different in this regard.

As for physics, the only way any of us can truly know if they are realistic or not is to go out and try the real thing. Trouble is, most of us will never have that opportunity. However, I still don't see that comparing cars in sims is in any way helpful, since we have no way of knowing which sim has it right and which has it wrong... or if they both have it wrong. Without first-hand experience, it's a bit like FFB... nothing more than opinion.

You seem to be confused as to whether we're talking about FFB or physics.

As has been said on numerous occasions, FFB is subjective. It's "good" if it is giving the driver the information they want and need. It's "bad" if it isn't. Therefore, "good" or "bad" FFB is going to be a matter of opinion based on what information the driver wants/needs from his/her wheel. That is why there are two sides to the FFB argument is every single sim ever made, the side who like the FFB and the side who don't. AMS 2 is no different in this regard.

As for physics, the only way any of us can truly know if they are realistic or not is to go out and try the real thing. Trouble is, most of us will never have that opportunity. However, I still don't see that comparing cars in sims is in any way helpful, since we have no way of knowing which sim has it right and which has it wrong... or if they both have it wrong. Without first-hand experience, it's a bit like FFB... nothing more than opinion.

FFB IS physics (or is wrong).

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 336 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 228 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 171 7.9%
  • < 5 years